ACL, football game and logistics

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by 1990txgirl, Sep 29, 2008.

1. 1990txgirl

1990txgirl 250+ Posts

(Mods, I’m not sure where to post this. Please move if this is the wrong forum.)

I am curious what everyone's experience was with ACL and the game taking place over the same weekend. There was concern that the city's infrastructure would not be able to support two such large events simultaneously.

Did you find restaurants and other venues to be noticeably more crowded, or hard to get into? What about hotels? (Obviously, most of downtown would already have been filled with ACL reservations. What did you football fans do? Stay a little farther away? Alternate arrangements?) What about taxis and other transportation? Were the entertainment districts significantly busier?

My only experience was with traffic. We headed to the game during what (based on previous years) I consider to be one of the peak festival arrival times (between 12:20 and 2:00). I was bracing myself for a potential cluster, but was pleasantly surprised that traffic was just slightly heavier than the usual game traffic.

My instinct is that the weekend was not the logistical nightmare that many had feared. Please share your thoughts.