acrylic bath shower liners

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by CleverNickname, Jan 8, 2008.

1. CleverNickname

CleverNickname 500+ Posts

From a little google investigation it sounds like this can cost upwards of 3g. I have some grout work I need to do, and you know how much of a pain it is to properly clean out the old grout to re-grout. The price for the acrylic liners seem high, but I put it on the wish list. Does anybody have any experience with these products? I had an acrlic shower/tub in the condo, and the fact that there was only a couple of seams made cleaning easy. I am ok with the look, my house isn't really in the granite-bathroom market.

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I was going to go this route but after discussions with a couple of people it was a bad idea in the end. They look cheap and it is not that much more expensive for me to go ahead and tile my bath area. I am going to use a darker grout,ha.

But in the end I am going to get a much better shower with travertine type stone, some elbow grease and patience. The cost is not that much more either. I am not a fan of the acrylic type showers any longer but that is just my opinion.

Now, the shells that go over an existing tub that is beyond cleaning/repair make sense, I guess. I bet you could pay somebody to regrout your shower and spruce up the tiles for about the same price you would invest to have a shell installed properly. And go with a darker grout!