Adarius Bowman - UDFA!?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ngnichols, Apr 28, 2008.

1. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

Anyone else surprised by the fact that Adarius Bowman did not get drafted and is a UDFA at this very moment? I know I am.

Titans, you need to be blowing his cell up right now! [​IMG]

2. VinceHung

VinceHung 100+ Posts

Adarius is a fan of the old bong. Now, I agree that the Titans need to be texting that fool. Or maybe they should send a message through his dealer.

3. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

Yeah, I knew he had gotten busted for pot, but pot didn't stop the Bucs from taking Warren Sapp either.

Bowman would be a steal as a UDFA in my opinion. He's got good size and seems to be a T.O.-like WR who is great with the ball in his hands.

4. VinceHung

VinceHung 100+ Posts

I COMPLETELY AGREE. All these guys smoke weed. What the hell? Fischer needs to come visit him at his mama's house.

5. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

I think that it is about a lot more than just weed. Norm Hitzges reported that several teams had him completely off of their boards for behavior issues... in other words he doesn't even exist as far as they are concerned. That has got to be more than the good herb alone.

6. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

Bowman ran 4.76 - 4.78 in the combine. Not good. He cost himself millions by not declaring last year when he absolutely would have been drafted in the first 3 rounds.

7. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

8. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

That's kind of my point although I didn't articulate it very well. Bowman's never been a speedster but he had a spectacular junior season where some felt his size and hands (great 2 years ago, inconsistent/lousy last year) were good enough to get him into the late 1st/early 2nd round.

But all Bowman did was decide to screw things up last year. He joined the okie state basketball team to ride the bench. Instead of having a strong senior season he was often times overshadowed by frosh Dez Bryant. And for good measure he gets arrested for pot a month before the draft.

Bowman exposed himself this year. Cost himself millions but saved some NFL team a lot of money & draft pick.

9. crash_davis

crash_davis 250+ Posts

since when did drugs, mayhem, violence, and off field issues stop nfl teams from signing players?

10. GatorHorn

GatorHorn 250+ Posts

Bowman was also accused of mailing it in on certain routes, especially in the second half of the year. I can't remember seeing much of it in person in the three of four Cowboys games I saw but that's what I'm hearing.

Even with the poor speed, he was able to get good and consistent separation, especially in 2006 when he put his name on the map.

11. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

He played one really good game in '06. Really only half of that game was really strong. Sometimes he looks like an NFL receiver and a lot of the time he has hands made of stone.

Being busted for pot (once recently) probably didn't help his status much either.

Well best of luck to him with the Eagles. If he works hard he should be able to find a spot there.

12. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

13. crash_davis

crash_davis 250+ Posts

if pacman can sign, granted w/ the cowboys, then bowman has a chance.