"Advisors"

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by nashhorn, Oct 30, 2015.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Surprised no one has yet brought up for discussion Obama's turnaround to now send 'advisor' and training troops to Syria. I am old enough to remember the Mission Creep warnings back in 60's of Viet Nam so this sounds so very familiar - in a very scary way. And yes, I am opposed - but truth be told I have overall quite passive in my later years when it comes to sending our youth to die for arguably unclear missions.

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

BO is such a lameazz leader
    Not only did he arrogantly proclaim he would not send troops in 13,he repeated it in 14.
    So why now announce we are sending up to 50? Why announce it at all?
    But if you are going to announce it why would not the idiot who said we would not have the courage to stand up and say "I was wrong and now we need to send troops "?
    Did Russia have anything to do with forcing a public acknowledgement?
    Or was it the fear of what happens to his legacy when word gets put of another soldier killed in yet another place we don't have troops on the ground?

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I would be surprised if they hadn't already been there for awhile

But yes it has the potential to be a much larger mess than it already is
    Look at who is there besides the regular Syrian military, the Obama-supplied side, Al-Nusra etal., and and ISIL/ISIS, et al.
    -- Russia, Iran (including Quds and Rev Guard) and Hezbollah.
    -- Turkey and the Kurds are either there or are in the immediate vicinity.
    -- I am not 100% certain yet who the Saudi proxy is, but I am 100% certain they have one. They always do.

Look at the list of nations who have publicly admitted to flying airstrikes besides Russia -- US, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Canada (possibly Turkey). And, of course, Israel has been flying sorties over Syria for a long time.

You asked what it was starting to sound like -- I say that with so many different factions, it's Lebanon. The Lebanese Civil War lasted about 15 years. But this is a larger area.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The WH release says our troops will "advise" Syrian troops that have proved successful. It apparently won't include any of the 30 men BO spent 50 million of our dollars on.:rolleyes1:
    It was also announced that more will be sent to Iraq, Not you understand as "boots on the ground" anymore than the 3300 already there are. That MSGT killed was a "workplace accident"