After listening to the post-game interviews

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TxnByBirth, Oct 20, 2012.

1. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

I have come to the conclusion that we have a truly delusional coaching staff. Normally I would write this stuff off as coach speak, but I think they truly believe the b.s. they are spouting and, even worse, they expect us to believe it when we know better. A 5-2 record has never seemed so hollow.

2. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

Beating Baylor is good, yes....but, WE SUCK....just saying... [​IMG]

3. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts

He'll have one more week to break his arm patting himself on the back next week at KU, but after that it will get increasingly more difficult quite obviously.

4. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Personally, I feel like Mack Brown has been insulting
    the fanbase's intelligence and expecting us to believe it
    for what is starting to seem like a long time.

5. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

Don't need to listen to their ********* post game. Just listen to Mack before, during and after the broadcast. He is absolutely delusional or is trying to convince idiots. Facts are pesky things and destroy his spinning. f**k this entire staff.

6. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

ugly "win" to break the 2 yr loss streak to Baylor ... I also agree that 5-2 is nothing to feel good about at this point in the season.

7. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

The only thing to feel good about at this point is that the team has not quit altogether.
    2010 it was the offense and it bled over the defense and the entire team had quit by this time.
    This year its the defense, and it has not yet bled over the offense. Yet.

8. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

It appeared to me that the coaches worked their asses off this week. They made some adjustments during the week and really pushed the players. During the game I could see Akina and other assistants really coaching up the players on the sideline. I even saw the camera show Mack once in on the DB coaching session Akina was giving. Normally Mack is just on the sideline watching the game.

So, it is good that the coaches are working hard and earning their salaries this week. But they need to do this every week. Have to wonder if they will be this engaged every week and every game or if they go back to their old routines. And the other problem is that it took this much effort for them to just barely beat Baylor in DKR. Man that is a terrible defense and we were playing at home. Not a good sign for when we play better teams down the stretch.

9. scottyhorn

scottyhorn 250+ Posts

I can't wait to hear what Mack says in two weeks after the Texas Tech game and especially after the K. State game. Mack will probably say we had a decent year we finished 7-5 but hey now we get to play in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl against Iowa and our old friend and offensive genius Greg Davis
    Hook em Horns
    Don't for get to come early, Be Loud and wear burnt orange so if you spill your hot wing sauce on your shirt during the game no one will
    notice

10. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

11. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

"That's Big 12 football these days"

Or whatever he said.

12. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

Hate to bring politics into this but...
    Kinda reminds me of a certain presidential candidate trying to convince us that the economy is headed in the right direction so we should be happy for the progress that we've made, so we should give him a chance to fix the stuff he screwed up.

13. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

David Ubben wrote the other day, before the Baylor game, about UT's tacking woes.

The Link

In spite of Mack's spin that "there's a problem nationwide due to new offenses, penalties for use of the helmet,.." yada, yada, yada.....Ubben points out:

From his article:

"How does the rest of the Big 12 stack up when it comes to missed tackles? Let's take a look:

1. Oklahoma - 29 missed tackles
    2. Baylor - 37
    3. Oklahoma State - 40
    4. Kansas State - 43
    4. Texas Tech - 43
    6. TCU - 44
    7. Iowa State - 45
    8. West Virginia - 52
    9. Kansas - 53
    10. Texas - 69"

If it were a national problem for all teams, I'd expect a bit tighter distribution within the Big XII.

(Edit: actually, upon review of the numbers above, it IS a fairly tight distribution from Baylor at 37 to Kansas at 53. It's the two outliers of OU at 29 and Texas at 69 that are noteworthy. And these are the two teams of the Big XII with annual recruiting hauls of the best talent in the region. One is the unquestioned best, the other is the unquestioned worst as compared to the other 8 teams of the league. Go figure.)

Texas, more than 2X the number of missed tackles than OU.

Spin, spin, spin, spin......

14. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

watched Ohio State and Purdue and they both seemed to know how to tackle. Tech and TCU looked like they spent the whole week in tackling drills---compared to us.

When we hired Mack I heard from NC fans that in five years we would have the fastest team in our conference because he recruits for speed. Our defense does look fast but they are kind of like the dog who catches the car: what do I do now?

15. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

At least Briles had to go home mad.

16. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Mack would be a great host on Saturday Night Live.

17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

That's not Big 12 football; that's Texas football. Tech and KSU held WVU to 14 points. KSU held OU to 19 points. OU held us underwater then let us up. The things Mack say's are incredibly dishonest.

18. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

We're 5-2 but that loss count like 10 losses in one game making our record. 5-11 is what we are when you not only lose to OU, but checkout of the game at the kickoff. [​IMG]

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

20. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Mack has always had no fear of insulting people with complete ******** whenever we lose. Its actually one of his greatest strengths. And I am not being facetious. A good coach needs to be able to dismiss the press and move forward.

Unfortunately its not nearly as important a strength as not getting "pantsed" every year by your biggest rival.

If he had 1/2 as much balls dealing with the Stoops as he does spinning ******** into gold yarn in front of a mic, he might not be 3 ourt of 4 in embarrasing fashion to them.