aggie - most classless team and fans ever?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by L.A.Longhorn, Mar 5, 2008.

1. hanshorn

hanshorn < 25 Posts

the problem with the pick was after the play when aggies were taunting and laughing at BU player on the court. I got my first taste of a&m crap like this in either '69 or '70 when a Baylor player fouled Randy Matson and then fell into the stands at the end of the court. a&m football players beat the crap out of the guy and the turd band finally had to start playing the national anthem to get them to stop fighting. shinola that is **** if you know the difference.

2. horngrad03

horngrad03 250+ Posts

3. horngrad03

horngrad03 250+ Posts

4. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

1) I don't have a problem with Sloan's dunk. I saw it more as an exclamation point on an emotional game than a classless act.

2) Jones' screen was probably legal, but he looked like he also had a secondary goal of inflicting pain.

3) The refs completely lost control of the game. You could see the tempers mounting before the Jones screen and the flop that resulted in a technical was pathetic.

4) Baylor fans should be embarrassed. Throwing crap on the floor and threatening the fans of the other team is way over the line. I guess its a good thing they didn't pull this one out - they might have marched one of the goals into the stands and thrown it at Aggie fans.

5) The 2 hits on McCoy were cheap. The fact that morons on texags.com still post the pictures of him taped to a board speaks to the level of class you can find over there.

6) aTm is not "in". They probably are on the right side of the bubble and 1 win away from locking up a NCAA bid, but a loss to KU and 1-and-done at the Big 12 could send them to the NIT.

5. horngrad03

horngrad03 250+ Posts

baxter, thanks for taking the bait. Hope you enjoyed your time here.

Texas A&M. Engaging in battles of wits unarmed for over 100 years.

WHOOP!

6. Chest Rockwell

7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Wait yet another incident involving aggy and its world s greatest fans, color me shocked. Why is it that they always are involved and we always see the same crew trying to defend their actions. aggy isnt the same as everyone else most of the time they are worse.

8. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

So is baxter really so clueless that he didn't see those quotes were from his own fan base? Or is he just ticked that someone pointed it out to him?

Typical reactions from the 10 percent or so of Aggie fans that make the decent ones look bad. A guy was rolling around on the court injured, but it was a clean hit and he wasn't permanently injured so it's OK to laugh and mock. Player makes a showboat, unsportsmanlike play, but "you have to admit it looked cool", so that's excused. (If he'd missed the dunk would it have not been ok for him to do it?) Oh, and throw in the comment by the genius quoting his girlfriend who he admits DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL as proof that A&M was being screwed by the refs the whole game? News flash friend, she's your girlfriend, she doesn't know what she's talking about, and she's trying to sound like a knowledgable fan by immitating every Aggie she's ever seen a game with, which means she has to whine about the refs.

9. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

10. horngrad03

horngrad03 250+ Posts

baxter is an angry little person.

11. 13evO

13evO 500+ Posts

The hypocrisy of aggy’s supposed classiness knows no bounds. Here’s a rundown on the Boy Scouts from Collie Station -

Aggy v TCU
    Aggy referred to TCU Horned Frogs as “giggers.” Hilarious. That’s where gig’em came from, where you stick your thumb into a frog’s belly.

Aggy v SMU
    Corp member brandished sword vs male SMU cheerleader
    Aggy paid for Eric Dickerson’s Trans Am

Aggy v Baylor
    Latest incident
    Aggy/Baylor riot in Waco back in the 1920’s. The Texas Rangers have to stop aggy psychos from bombing Waco

Aggy v Tech
    Goal Post Alamo in Lubbock (Gap Kid)

Aggy v Rice
    Aggy fans don’t take kindly to the MOB’s satire about dead Reveille. They surround Rice stadium, as the MOB hides inside

Aggy v Texas
    After our SWC-clinching victory at pile, aggy corpturds brandish swords and beat up women
    Poopflinger
    Vandalism of DKR in 1994
    “Cart” McCoy – Nickname from Texags, who celebrate cheap shots & injury
    “Radio” – Racist nickname from Texags of a QB who never lost to A&M and is going back to graduate at a superior institute of higher learning
    Motelgate before bonfire game

Aggy v NCAA
    Aggy has most NCAA violations out of all Big XII/SWC schools, including SMU

Did I leave anything out?

12. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

13. MP5

MP5 100+ Posts

Notice how the aggy will admit to lesser classless acts such as yea it might not have been right for the dunk but the general Baylor crowd was more classless! What about your assistant coach trying to fight college kids? Also again from all accounts despite what the aggy sites are saying that the aggroids that got arrested were set up- Aggy fans were rude, insulting, cursing and throwing things in the crowd and court during the second period.

14. DjJazzyJeff

DjJazzyJeff < 25 Posts

Sloan's dunk was no less classy than Barnes running a full court press (when Texas normally doesn't press) against A&M with his starters in the game up 25+ points with under 5 minutes left to go in the game. They both were pissed off about previous results and had a point to prove (to their team & the other team). I have no problem with either one.

People forget that Sloan was just thrown to the floor by a Baylor player less than a minute earlier (resulting in a T). So I'm sure he was worked up.

15. ACuriae

ACuriae 500+ Posts

Yes. And Baxter Einstein is a pretty typical example.

16. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

17. MP5

MP5 100+ Posts

18. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

Sloan was thrown to the floor, but Tweety flopped - get it right.

19. AggieFactFinder

AggieFactFinder 250+ Posts

20. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

Its funny that the main defense of these acts is "yeah well, were classier than you."

21. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

The first thing out of any good ag's mouth

"What about the sips?"

22. DjJazzyJeff

DjJazzyJeff < 25 Posts

23. Chest Rockwell

24. The Bone

The Bone 100+ Posts

That dunk was the most Bush league move in college basketball this year. So weak.

25. AggieFactFinder

AggieFactFinder 250+ Posts

26. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

27. ProdigalHorn

OK, this is funny.

28. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I can't sit here and judge others, but aggy can certainly judge meat.

29. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I don't know if I would have minded that much if we threw down a last-second dunk in, say, the game where the Okie State fan started a fight with TJ Ford for diving into the stands for a loose ball. I wouldn't have especially liked it, but I wouldn't have really disagreed with it either.

30. ProdigalHorn

I probably would have had the same reaction the Aggie kid did - I would have thought it was cool at the time and later said "I probably shouldn't have done that."

I'm definitely curious about what if anything the aggie fans did that got kicked out. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't throw anything, but the fact that the entire crowd around them is jumping their case makes me wonder if they weren't doing something else. I've been around some pretty obnoxious fans in my life, but never ones so bad that an entire section conspired to get them kicked out of the game.