aggie - most classless team and fans ever?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by L.A.Longhorn, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mhayden

mhayden 100+ Posts

Yeah, because Texas has been running a squeaky clean program all this time? Weren't A&M and UT battling it out to see how many arrests they could have in the offseason? [​IMG]

As for fans, there's the good and the bad -- happens at every big school. I doubt many would argue who has more loyal, supportive fans, but yeah we have some black eyes from time to time. So do you guys.

Every time A&M plays at UT there's two dozen posts on Texags about how badly certain fans were treated. Everytime UT plays at A&M there's two dozen posts on Texags about how badly certain fans were treated.

I've been to two dozen football and basketball games in Austin and never had a problem. Sat next to UT fans at probably 100+ sporting events in College Station and they never had a problem.

Some view the constant attempts to degrade each other's schools as rather juvenile... I don't take part in it for the most part, but its a college rivalry so I don't mind. What I always find funny is that the UT side of it always tries to say "we don't care about A&M" out of one side of the mouth, but then can't quit talking about them out of the other side of the mouth. Makes you guys look pretty silly a lot of the time.

2. UTperks

UTperks 25+ Posts

I was at the game when Johnny Moore threw down the exact dunk as last night. It was senior night and it was the last points scored by Texas if I recall correctly. Johnny had to throw it up off the backboard because he couldn't physically palm the ball. I believe it was his only dunk in his carrer at UT. I was courtside and he picked the guard just past midcourt.

It was very cool beingt his last home game. I don't remember who we were playing. We were pretty good with Krivacs, Baxter, Thompson. That was along time ago. Not sure if I remmeber it all through the haze that was that era. If some Aggy is still bent because of that dunk then it makes it even sweeter in my mind.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

you know I'm f'n with you, Hayden.

I just want you to lay some of your action off here in Austin with my guy.

I still maintain that I am right on that point spread/over-under parlay discussion we had and am trying to goad you into sending some of your money down. [​IMG]

4. mhayden

mhayden 100+ Posts

To be honest I think things have gotten far too "PC" and "sportsmanshippy" in college athletics.

Run up the score, do some fancy dunks, tell a player "you better stay down". It's a freaking athletic event, make 'em bleed [​IMG]

Tom -- I know, I know... But honestly its a no-win situation for me. Even if the guy did offer me enough credit to make it worth my while playing there, I wouldn't feel comfortable that i would get paid like the other credit shops I'm at.

5. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

Go to the Baylor forum and you will find a post by a Baylor fan saying that it wasn't the Ags throwing stuff on the court.

6. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

mhayden -

"Black eyes time to time"?

I would call this a consensus.

The Link

7. mhayden

mhayden 100+ Posts

Sorry, nothing about a showboating jam in a game (and series) that has gotten very chippy makes me feel like that its anyway a "black eye" for A&M.

If we had been throwing things down at Reed Arena on national television, THAT would be a black eye.

There's plenty of stuff to make fun of Aggies about (as well as Longhorns), but both sets of fans get a litte desperate sometimes in trying to find something to complain about [​IMG]

8. 13evO

13evO 500+ Posts

9. baylor has no class. they got what they deserved. a&m to take the high road? c'mon, seriously? they're aggies. they know of no such thing. a&m won with very poor sportsmanship. i'm glad it happened between those two schools. to hell with them both.

10. mulkeyway

mulkeyway 25+ Posts

I was at the game and was stunned that he dunked at the end. The aggie coaches were encouraging the bad behavior.

I believe in Karma and it will catch up to the aggies. I hope Kansas beats them by 20+ in collieville.

Barnes and the entire Texas program has class and the aggies are well, trailer trash. The two schools are worlds apart. Best of luck the rest of the way, horns.

For all of the aggies on here...we can't wait to meet again. Sloan probably shouldn't play that night.

11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

12. mhayden

mhayden 100+ Posts

I'm above arguing with a Baylor fan, so I won't bother.

I've come to accept our new found rivalry with Daddy Tech, but Baylor? Please.

13. Sic em

Sic em < 25 Posts

Reading through this thread, I've seen the question asked, "Why would an Aggie throw something on the court right after a technical had been called against Baylor?"

Here's the reason: Earlier in the game, a mini-basketball was thrown on the court. Immediately, play was stopped and the PA said "Please do not throw objects on the court as this will result in a technical being assessed."

So what better way for an Aggie to help his team than to toss something on the court and see Baylor get assessed a technical for it?

And for the record, there is another version of what happened with the second incident and a Baylor fan who sat a few rows behind the two Aggies says he personally witnessed one of them throw the ball.

14. honolulu horn

honolulu horn 100+ Posts

15. Orphan

Orphan First Time Poster

[​IMG] This is a funny thread. The cows outside the fence murmuring to each other about the bulls inside the fence.

d.

16. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

17. JJxvi

JJxvi 100+ Posts

18. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

19. honolulu horn

honolulu horn 100+ Posts

20. L.A.Longhorn

L.A.Longhorn 250+ Posts

21. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

the worst part of this thread is aggies taking shots at baylor fans they otherwise can't take in other forums.

the best part is that aggy is not condeming and for the most part justifying the act.

the best example is kill personal fouls. i hate it, it doesn't make me happy to see something like that happen especially if someone gets hurt.

the only personal foul i've ever called for is someone hitting Stoops when he runs 15 yards on the field after every play yelling at the officials. he should either get a penalty or someone should light him up so the officials see he was 15 yards on the field.

22. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

23. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

24. DKR777

DKR777 250+ Posts

I actually don't have a huge problem with the dunk, either.

Baylor is the real villain in this thing. Or, at least, Baylor's fans are.

25. mulkeyway

mulkeyway 25+ Posts

And Baylor finishes ahead of the Aggies....POOOOR AGGIES.