Aggy doing aggy things

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Detective Shilala, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Video from the linked post. OMG I mean I just don't even what the hell aggy please.

The YouTube comments are pretty good.

3. Detective Shilala

I hope Prop Joe will weigh in on this and explain "his people."

I have an Aggy brother. Most reasonable, logical human being in the world until I show him something like this. Then all the sudden he has a total blind spot.

I could show him a line up of generic college students spooning each other, grabbing their testicles and screaming and he would be laugh and say "WTF"
    Put those same students in Gomer field, wearing jackboots and milkmaid outfits and all the sudden he says "Oh you see what is happening there is perfectly normal because..."

• Like Like x 3
  4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Funny but sad, my aggy cousin Scott sounds very much like your brother...

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

and they are very content to flounder in the back half of the SEC West because they think they pulled something off against Texas by going to the SEC. What they do not understand is if Texas were to call the SEC, the SEC would welcome Texas even over aggy's blackball.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  7. WorsterMan

Joe THAT is so awesome!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

What does WRTS refer to?
    UPDATE: I found out it means We Run This State, wow that's funny

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  9. WorsterMan

Basically aggy got full of themselves when Manziel caught lightning in a bottle and they had a couple of seasons of success. As a result some clever ag with hubris came up with this acronym for unfounded aggy swagger from that time.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

We Ruined This State #WRTS

• Like Like x 4
  11. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

i think this stuff is odd too but it's harmless. the guys just got their boots as seniors and the bootslide is something they all do. i'd never really seen the whole "first bootslide" be a big deal but i wasnt in the corps so i dont know. rite of passage that's totally weird but ultimately harmless. i'd take stuff like this every day over the news that just came out about the sigma nu chapter on our campus.

college is a weird time where weird things seem totally normal. hell yall just had a bunch of folks carrying dildos around your campus as a way of protesting against campus carry. A&M certainly has its fair share of weirdness couched in tradition, but weirdness is just ingrained into the overall college experience.

• Like Like x 2
  12. WorsterMan

What happened ?

True. There's a reason people use the phrase Keep Austin Weird.

13. PropositionJoe

14. Detective Shilala

Damn good point! And it is all harmless fun. The difference seems to be in how seriously some Aggys take these things. I could only imagine if someone "disrespected" this tradition in front of these guys, there would have been a brawl.
    You are one of the sane ones to see it for what it is. My brother is too. But there are those who don't see it as "fun" but something altogether different.

Whereas I am sure the campus dildo thing was a total mockery of itself.

But you are right. Worse things happen every day on college campuses. Everywhere.

15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

We're Really Transferring Soon

• Like Like x 2
  16. PropositionJoe

i think ultimately those people are just folks who take themselves too seriously and thereby take everything too seriously. so regardless of fandom they'd likely be the ones to get easily offended.

• Like Like x 1
  17. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

The dildo thing was a one day thing, right? Aggie bizarre behavior such as this is "tradition". Apples and oranges, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

19. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I agree with Joe, that is pretty harmless frat-type stuff. This, OTOH, is way out of bounds:

[​IMG]

20. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

The nut squeezing on national tv was a little hard to explain.

21. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

• Like Like x 3
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  24. WorsterMan

Someone better check, some of those "female cadets" may have testicles! :smile1:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I thought this was like, freshman hazing or something. These guys have been in the corps for 3 years and are still built like a high school AP science class? :p

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Regardless of size, the upper body regions have to be easier to look at than that face. :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  29. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Whoop(s)!

30. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Did report say if snap chat pic made it to Johnny?

• Like Like x 1