Aggy has identified their prob, and it wasn't Fran

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by BHud, Jan 9, 2008.

1. BHud

BHud 250+ Posts

Normally, I steer clear of any Bonfire related comments, but this one was jsut way too far out there to give a pass on:

2. wildcat09

wildcat09 100+ Posts

Only the morons in college station would consider the bonfire tragedy an acceptable sacrifice if it means they get to feel better about the Texas game.

It's really ****** up to see how they view the bonfire collapse now. Instead of seeing it for what it was, which was a horrible tragedy long coming due to a stupid ******* tradition, they treat it as some sort of ******* omen from God and the students who died as valiant soldiers and heroes who died for the aggie spirit or some such ********. The only explanation I can come up with is that they do this to absolve themselves of any guilt they may feel from supporting the tradition that lead to the senseless deaths of 12 students.

3. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

Looks like a lot of posts on their got deleted...

To quote a previous definition of Aggy I read here on the boards: "A complete lack of situational awareness."

4. watashi

watashi 250+ Posts

5. LightTheTower

LightTheTower 100+ Posts

6. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

There are some people who understand that the bonfire collapse was a terrible tragedy

7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wow, what a bunch of dumbasses. Did they forget that the bonfire was about the Texas game? Did they also miss the fact that they beat us the last two years without it?

If the hex rally was banned after three drunk toga clad students were burned from the candles and then brought back would it really help the program?

8. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Those kids didn't die for some noble cause. They died for a pep rally.

A ******* pep rally.

9. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

Aparently the Texags staff has gotten wise to our actions. I clicked on the link and got some random survey.

NM. Turns out it was just a one time thing. Aparently, I don't go to Texags as much as the rest of yo. Seriously though... I really don't have a problem with the bonfire. The biggest problem with the bonfire is that they have to take it to stupid aggie extremism. From that thread, the bonfire started out as a junk pile. Why not just leave it at that instead of creating a towering inferno of Aggy engineering brilliance?

10. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

11. LostinTime

LostinTime 25+ Posts

The trash pile burning was only to beat Texas now it means no big 12 champs. how can it mean something that was not even around when they started this crap . Oh wait we are talking about aggy. [​IMG]

12. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

They are the world's largest cult. Plain and simple. The bonfire has nothing to do with winning. They never won before they cheated. They won't win without cheating because nobody (other than the feed store owner's son named Cody) wants to spend their college years in that backward *** hillbilly town.

13. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I'm speechless about this! You have a tradition of jerry-rigging a stack of wood to burn before you play your most-heated rival. The stack comes down, kills and injures a bunch of students, and the practice of bonfire is stopped for the time being by the school's administration. (Rightfully so.)

It's been less than a decade, and now, the student body at that cultish school sees the loss of bonfire as some sort of bad mojo. What in Hell happened to concerns that some more students could be killed if bonfire is reinstated. This is not to diminish the lives lost, but how do those students go from being victims to heros?

I've never given the bunch over at Bagdad on the Brazos credit for a whole lot of common sense. However, this worship of a burning pile of wood, despite whatever carnage it might bring, defies any logic any reasonable person might be able to generate.

I'm speechless. I can't imagine that aggy wants bonfire, at any cost. That goes beyond even cultish.

14. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

I can guarantee you that 90%+ of those *** holes feel no sense of guilt nor any wrong doing regarding these senseless deaths at all.

These are the same people who honestly compared McKinney swinging his binoculars to those fighting at the Alamo.

These guys went out martyrs doing God's work, and there is absolutely no convincing almost the entirety of their culture that aggy had any culpability here.

15. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Not only am I embarassed that they have Texas in front of their name...it bothers me that they breathe the same oxygen that we do. It would sit well with me if we could divorce ourselves of these morons once and for all.

16. BigEarlinBastrop

BigEarlinBastrop 250+ Posts

Does this mean that if we could torch the whole B/CS area we would win the Iraq War?

17. UT-69745551

UT-69745551 250+ Posts

I say let them have their bonfire. Where I draw the line is when they start throwing books on it.

18. jinx

jinx 25+ Posts

We studied the bonfire accident in one of my intro to engineering courses. The forensic engineer who studied the collapse and presented the case said that their was basically zero engineering analysis of a structure over 75 feet high.

And the gomers wonder why they have the stereotype of morons. Sometimes stereotypes are right.

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts