Aggy Just Went Full Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by easy, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

That's pretty much what the stands looked like at kickoff.

2. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Makes you wonder...

• Like Like x 1
  3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Well now that they've enlisted the fanbase, they can lock up the Saban hire.

4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

$10MM+ to walk away... not a bad payday.

Suspect Meyer & Saban will be getting a call today from the aggy cigar-chompers.... if they do, suspect both will chuckle softly to themselves and try to end the call as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  5. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Are we about to see Urban take another "Leave of Absence?"
    Also I wonder if he has contacted Tom Herman about where he can obtain some fairy dust.

• Like Like x 4
  6. rick mueller

I would would rather wait on Kliff K to get canned and hire him as our OC.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Chatboard journalists wonder if Cowboy fan will be angry or relieved when aggy comes for your coach?

[​IMG]

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

So moving to SEC means jettisoning all morals? Sounds right.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Hmmm, interesting. First time I thought about this but I like the more I think about this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Wait...they had morals to begin with?

• Like Like x 5
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Great idea, maybe we could get Art Briles as Director of Moral Turpitude.

Both would required to report directly to a former University Executive officer for guidance in social graces and staying out of the limelight

• Like Like x 2
  13. rick mueller

You know, when aggy moved to the secsecsec, she got all full of herself and fired Mike Sherman to make what she thought would be a splash hire in Sumlin.
    I always thought and still do that Sherman was probably much better suited to the style of play in the secsecsec. They actually might have had some notable success had they retained him.

• Like Like x 4
  14. rick mueller

They only have unprotected sex with farm animals. There's morality in that.

• Like Like x 4
  15. WorsterMan

Excuse me officer; I was only helping that poor sheep over the fence! :idk:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I just love the idea that Chip Kelly would ever go to A&M in the first place. Granted not too different from our fans thinking we could easily have gotten Harbaugh or Saban.

18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

It wasn't a very large load to begin with.

EDIT
    All right, damnit. I see Horn in Chicago beat me to it.

19. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Not sure I wholly concur...anything associated with aggy is often a very large load...

Oh wait, that wasn't how you meant it? My bad.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

No need to worry. aggy will bury New Mexico Saturday night and everything will be back on track to making the playoff's.

• Like Like x 3
  21. WorsterMan

:yippee:

• Like Like x 1
  22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I've been reading articles about Sumlin and the likelihood of him being let go even with a very large buy-out and it prompted me to write up my view of Aggie. Their main problem is delusions of grandeur. They ran away from the Big 12 to the SEC (led by that moron in a bow-tie who was dancing Gangnam style and after quitting A&M was later run out of The University of Missouri in disgrace) and now are considering firing a coach who has kept them reasonably afloat given their history. They last won a national championship the year Germany attacked Poland. Their lifetime record against Texas is something like 76-35 in favor of Texas yet they continue to throw stones like a little kid hanging behind his big brother. The only stretches of success in the modern era (besides the Johnny Football run which did NOT result in a championship) under Jackie Sherrill and RC Slocum were soon followed by NCAA sanctions for cheating. The last game they played against Texas they lost (at Kyle Field). Then, on the side of their stadium walls, they tried to paint the years of some alleged national championships they think they won prior to the depression or something but were busted and removed them. They put a sign up in Austin the year they ran to the SEC calling it "SEC COUNTRY." This before they had ever won a game; they were trying to impute the legacy of the SEC upon themselves before earning it. But that is the Aggie way: Ego Before Accomplishment.

• Like Like x 7
  23. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

News to me too.

• Like Like x 1
  24. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Doesn't make any sense to me but there's talk Jumbo Fisher has interest in the job. Apparently he's at odds with his AD and has burned a lot of bridges there. This isn''t coming from exclusively aggie sources. He has a long-standing relationship with their AD when both were at LSU and they'll break the bank to get him regardless of Sumlin's buyout. Again it makes no sense to me especially seeing he said no to LSU twice. I don't have see it happening but there's more to it than deluded imagination.

25. rick mueller

Who busted a long run to set the game winning field goal.

• Like Like x 4
  26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Buck,

I perused that link, but at a glance saw a mention of Derek Dooley, classless douchebag who embarrassed the KnoxVegas hillbillies, which ain't easy to do. I am old enough to have known lots of Aggies, both good and delusional, but I cannot say I have EVER known one stupid enough to suggest Derek Dooley as a possible employee of A&M.

27. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Buck's link had a lot of suggestions that would be way worse than Sumlin. Sounds like somebody is entertaining themselves by poking fun at Aggies. Imagine that.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Secretivity cannot be stressed enough in this important project.

• Like Like x 2
  29. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Anyone a Raising Arizona fan? "Did y'all hear that? We're usin' CODE names!"

• Like Like x 1
  30. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

You mean mortgage Mom’s house?