Aggy Just Went Full Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by easy, Sep 3, 2017.

1. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

The reference doesn't strike a familiar note.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Re: Delusion

If memory serves me correctly when Francioni (spelling) coached at A&M they said he was a better recruiter than Mack and a better game day coach than Stoops. Anybody remember that?

• Like Like x 4
  3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Aggy eats cuckoo and craps delusion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

In their defense, Franscioni had just won the spring game. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 8
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

For some reason I thought you were going to bust his nuts for some reason. Well played.

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Remember he was “Fran the Man”, the “Franchise”, “Frantastic”, and one more stupid phrase I can’t remember.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Sorry guys, but that link was pure humor and sarcasm at aggy expense. I just stumbled across it couldn’t resist the coaching “Aggie Jokes”!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I say it all the time, it is not necessary to make up aggy jokes. One has only to point them out.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  10. rick mueller

Easy to do when they don't know any two syllable words.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

For a true football fan, that game was a thing of beauty to behold regardless of whom you were pulling for. Kind of like the old Snook Bluejays coming into Gregory Gym and putting on the finest basketball clinic ever seen in this or any other state. Flawless precision and impeccable execution of fundamentals of the game.

13. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Hey, but some stupid aggie did make a stop at the goal line down 70-0 and got all excited. So there was that going for them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rick mueller

Yep acted just like he just scored the game winner.
    I remember Dave South saying it was time for ou to take Heupel out of the game. Otherwise, aggy was not responsible for what happened to him. Of course it was about 35 to zip at the time. Aggy always keeps it classy.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Jolly dance
    Instead of Dilly, Dilly, back then it was Jolly, Jolly

• Like Like x 3
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

aggy made the Wall Street Journal

• Like Like x 1
  17. rick mueller

Nice way to treat your fans.

18. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Well, they're probably stupid enough to pay it so................

• Like Like x 1
  19. rick mueller

Yep, had the same thought. The article makes it sound like there has been significant interest.

• Like Like x 1
  20. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I believe Fran and Stoops agreed at some point in the second half to let the clock run without stopping to limit ou opportunities to score and speed up putting lowly aggy out of their misery.

Anyone else remember that?

21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You are correct sir.

22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

POOOOOOOOOOR ahgeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

23. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Was listening to the game driving to Stillwater for our game. The OU radio guys mentioned it and confirmed that is what was happening. We got to damp, dreary Lewis Field and fell behind 16-7.

Then we won 54-16. Winning road games is fun. Mack was really good at that. And bowl games. I went from calling him "the Tobacco Road Con-Man", to being the biggest Brown apologist around in less than a season . And I didn't even know about Sally's cookies at the time.

Mack & Sally Brown
    Longhorn Royalty
    :vy::texasflag::cowrose::trophy::usa::hammertime::hammertime::hammertime::bevo:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  24. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yep. Clock ran the whole 4th quarter, I think. OU was already up 77-0 at the end of 3. One of only a few games where the "that team could have hit 100" cliche was true. One other being our 70-3 win over Colorado that was achieved just 7 minutes after halftime.

25. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Completely unrelated, but the yell leader on the left in that picture cracks me up. He doesn't look like he's charging onto a football field to lead a fired-up team into battle so much as he's running on stage to accept his Tony award.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

See? There is some benefit to graduating people who are dumber than the average houseplant.

• Like Like x 2
  27. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Or...perhaps his sheep was galloping towards him (or whatever sheep do on a full run)

28. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Was that the game when Lechler was aggy's PotG?

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

That hotel will do well, until A&M pisses off Adams again. Aggie built their "never to be equaled country club", pissed off Adams, who then built Miramont, which is truly one of the crown jewels of Texas golf. Give the Aggies a chance to piss off Adams again, and he'll build a Four Seasons/Fairmont out there and empty the Aggie attempt to improve on Motel 6.

After all, what does it take to be the best hotel in Brazos County:

1) Clean sheets
    2) Clean towels
    3) Hot water (running preferably)
    4) Color TV

• Like Like x 1
  30. rick mueller

The only hotel I ever stayed in there had no heat in January and one of two elevators out of service. There were about a 700 of us there for a conference, so guess how one elevator worked out. I got lots of exercise that weekend climbing nine flights of stairs to my room. That dump was torn down within a year.

• Like Like x 1