Aggy Just Went Full Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by easy, Sep 3, 2017.

1. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

If your not an Aggie you can't understand it if you are an Aggie you know Hwy 6 runs both ways...

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

The outbound way is Malfunction Junction's only redeeming quality.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont know who does this but he/she does come up with a few good ones

4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The $EC is Kelly's natural home. However it will take him time to crank up the off field activities to $EC level.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Partially questioning the idea aggy has that they are an elite football program

7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Boycott! Another "tradition".

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

good lord

[​IMG]

9. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

According to my aggy co-worker, Billy Liucci, Mr. Texags, finally came out and said that Sumlin is gone. Even if he wins out and goes 9-4, he gone.

10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

As far as Starkel goes, he does look good throwing the ball, but he has zero mobility, perhaps because of the injury.

By "yellow jacket", I assume Cardswin5 is referring to the gold jacket that NFL Hall of Famers get.

11. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

NTTAWWT

• Like Like x 2
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I love the smell of aggy boycotts in the morning

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

A lot of east of the Mississippi bias there, but yes the smell of an aggy boycott is great at any time of the day.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Until the last couple of years, would Clemson have been considered a Top 10 job? Why Ohio State over Michigan and Penn State?

I was thinking East Coast bias too, but I'm trying to think what jobs out west should be on there other than USC. Maybe Washington? I don't think Oregon is. Who else?

• Like Like x 1
  15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Very unimpressive perspective from Cowherd. Seems like a Millienial's take with no understanding of history.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I think I would put ND, UM and maybe even Ped State on the list over Jorja, Clemson and UF.

• Like Like x 2
  17. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Before Satan took over at Bama, that was a **** job.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

aggy thinks they can hire away our DC

[​IMG]

19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Hire Orlando away from Daddy?

aggy oversized ego thinks a lot of delusional things... intercourse them with all due respect.

• Like Like x 2
  20. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

A more likely scenario is they hire Orlando as HC. They could do a lot worse.

21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Aggie ego won't let them hire anyone from Austin.

Too many jobs opening up, way too few quality coaches. At best, A&M is the third or fourth best opening.

22. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

Flawed list. Base on what?
    I'd go this way:

Texas, No. 1, then the rest -- with notes
    USC -- Chip Kelly would kill it there
    Alabama -- when Saban leaves, Dabo takes over
    Ohio State -- have no idea who would follow Meyer
    Notre Dame -- set for now. I think.
    Oklahoma -- set
    LSU -- Should have figured out a way to get Gus Malzahn
    Michigan -- Jim H. probably leaves and take Colts job
    Florida -- Fedora, see note below. Not Chip K.
    Florida State -- set

Larry Fedora is the coach A&M should go after, not Orlanda. Fedora was, in fact, born in College Station. If Florida does not get him first. That's the top hire that should be on the board from here to the Atlantic.

Orlando will stay at least 3 years and make the Final Four before looking for a job. I put the minimum at 5. Some degree of longevity is worth something these days. Kirby Smart was DC at Bama for 7 seasons, enjoyed building championship defenses with titles to go with it.

Also Ran:
    Nebraska, Miami, Penn State, Texas A&M, Georgia, Auburn, UCLA

23. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Also Also Ran: Kingsbury

24. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Before this season, I would agree with the suggestion. But I just tried to imagine being the Athletic Director who fired a black coach with a winning record in the SEC and replaced him with a white coach who just went 1-7 in the ACC. I couldn't do it. Maybe I should drink some rum and try again.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Crockett,

Not that difficult, when you consider that the latter knows football, comes from Texas coaching royalty, has endured worst situation in D-1, and KEEPS HIS WORD TO HIS PLAYERS!

I hope Aggie doesn't hire Larry, because he would create huge headaches for us. When the FBI, DPS, NCAA, & Dept of Education finally get through in Chappel Hill, Larry has one of the best jobs on the east coast, maybe the best. Think Oregon without treehuggers and Birkenstocks, but with the NIKE money and a far superior education.

• Like Like x 2
  26. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

They hired Emory Bellard only to run him off about 6 years later. I believe Alan Lowry and Donnie Wigginton were assistants for a short time. Les Koenning Jr. too.

27. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Fedora's resume doesn't support all the love he gets here. Why he gets needs to be explained to me.

28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

They hired Emory nearly 50 years ago when they considered 6-4 a great season. Secondly, they did not "run him off". They were weighing their options, testing the waters, had no one lined up, when Emory found out about it, and promptly quit, leaving the Aggies high and dry.

You forgot the assistant that Coach Royal called the smartest football player he ever coached. That one bothered DKR his entire life.

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He is a quality coach, not a snake oil salesman. He is Texas coaching royalty. He is in a job with the worst situation in the country thanks to John Blake, but also has the greatest upside. He can recruit, but more importantly can develop players.

When kids miss practice because they are being grilled by the FBI or private investigators from the NCAA or the Dept of Education or the state police or the DAs office, they will soon give up. If it wasn't for Nike, UNC may have gotten the death penalty, all because of John Blake, who remains untouched.

I only had three people on my short list last year and he was one of them, and yes, if Herman walked, I'd take Larry Fedora in a heartbeat.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is the taint off PSU?