Aggy Just Went Full Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by easy, Sep 3, 2017.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

NEVER!

Not to mention worshiping the only coach to refuse an invitation to play for a national championship, while building his "legacy: beating teams that never had a winning record.

• Like Like x 3
  2. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Is the assistant I forgot name a secret? And you can type all you want on Fedora. Doesn't change his track record.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

My question is, where does Sumlin go? My sense is that his days as a HC at a major program or in the NFL are not over.

4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Talking about coaches and speaking of Aggie, here's a question, perhaps for SabreHorn: Although Herman would probably not be interested, what about Mike Sherman as our next OL coach? Far fetched? He's currently a HS coach in MA. But what a coup that would be...

5. I_Dont_Exist

He's a Purdue grad and Brohm's name is out there for better jobs. Teams could do worse.

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have advocated Sherman being brought in for several years. The guy recognizes OL talent. He develops that talent. He just isn't a HC. He could do for our OL what Dick Tomey did for our defense.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not a secret, I forgot his name. I remember he was from South Texas and his dad was HS coach. A bunch of us were sitting outside the bus provided to Coach Royal when he visited a golf tournament in The Woodlands. He made that statement, then got choked up about the guy working at other schools rather than working for him at Texas. I have no proof, but thought at the time that DKR may have had him picked as Texas HC some day.

8. I_Dont_Exist

Maybe Don Breaux?

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No, Don Breaux was on Fred's staff. Don't think he was ever an assistant to DKR, and don't think he played for DKR. The guy was on DKR's early 60s teams.

I think Jim Hudson or Jim Helms, but I believe it was Helms

10. I_Dont_Exist

Found an article from Texas Monthly written in December. 1982 entitled "Coach Royal Regrets". My only internet is my phone and have no clue using to make a link. Haven't read it all but did see Pat Culpepper mentioned. Probably not a name one forgets.

11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If you ever met Culpepper, you would never forget him.

12. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Think this is the article you're referencing

13. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

do you want that or not want that to be the case? isn't that what happens sometimes during childbirth?

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. I_Dont_Exist

That's it. Thanks.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

21 years ago yesterday

• Like Like x 1
  17. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Thanks for that beautiful memory, Joe!

• Like Like x 1
  18. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Read the comments and see the gifs.My favorite, "It is like North Korea just hired a football coach." :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Pretty easy to see, Jimbo isn't quite "all aggie" yet. No problem, he'll get that goose step going right away!

20. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Looking like UCF may be the current landing spot...not sure that qualifies as major program though. But, it is probably a good place to try and pad the resume sort of like Strong has done at USF.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

They obviously got something other than number one last time.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

and the time before. and the time before, and the time before and the time before and so on.

• Like Like x 3
  24. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I keep saying it because it will always be true:
    There is no need to make up aggy jokes. They supply us with an endless inventory.

• Like Like x 1
  25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I would say their Number 1 took a Number 2 on their program, but life had already done that...

• Like Like x 2
  26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Please keep in mind that we are talking about Aggies, They are, and always have been delusional. Their "#1" is rationalized, and likely not in anyone else's top ten.

• Like Like x 2