Aggy Just Went Full Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by easy, Sep 3, 2017.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

And the last time they played, some of those kids were not even BORN. There is A LOT more parity in the game than there was even ten years ago, much less at the time of the last game in their series (1999).

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

A quarter in the book along with just under a minute of the 2nd quarter...tied at 7. That slack school from Louisiana is looking like the better team through the first sixteen minutes of this one...

To qualify: ULL is getting into the backfield, has forced a fumble from Mond (and then made the mistake of trying to pick it up to score instead of just falling on it). Aside from a fortunate deep ball by Mond, aggy has done nothing of note on the offensive side and isn't showing much anywhere else...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Yeah I'll eat crow assuming this stands. I don't know if I'd rather be in Afghanistan or in the Aggie halftime locker room right now. They look so lost. No identity on either side of the ball. This is very similar to... you know... Texas for the past couple seasons.

4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

ULL 21-vaunted SEC-SEC-SEC aggy 14 at the half.

Interview with Stumblin' should be interesting :e-face-tears:

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

evidently they are today.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The Cajuns are making them look stupid! Well, more stupid than they usually do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I for one think that Sumlin is a great coach and i would like to see him stay there long enough to renew his contract when that time comes.

• Like Like x 3
  11. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

This was a tale of two halves for sure. From here on out, they will be hard pressed to win again this season. Sumlin will likely be replaced after that.

12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

After that first half, I would question whether he survives next week against piggie. That they came back against ULL does not save his season...

13. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Are you kidding? Aggies will be making plans to attend the NC game now.

14. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Hey I got my A&M +23... barely...

I'll still say I was wrong about the team overall. I figured their 3rd string RB could still pile on yards, but I guess that's why he's 3rd string. Had to resort to trickery and Mond's arm (sheesh) to make it a beatdown in the second half.

15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Two pushes on the day...I had Duke giving the 14 and I had gotten ULL getting 24. It also severely impacted my parlays and round-robins. The day can still be salvaged tonight....but that is for another thread :hookem:

16. havoc7701

havoc7701 Sponsor and Aggy Ridiculer

Horns11, I like how you tell it how it is, This is the difference between HF and TexAgs.com - self delusion is quickly identified and contained here!

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Strange. Whether it was a setup of not, the clown in Fayetteville needs to reassigned to a job more suitable to his mental and social skills, something like washing John Hunt's trucks.

On the other hand, why did the kid contact Arkansas? It has NEVER been a problem for the Aggies to "overlook" a rule here and there.

I'm sure someone with a "natural relationship" will take the young man to JerryWorld.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"Former Aggies AD spells out trouble at Texas A&M"

“I have done this job a long time and I don’t blame Kevin Sumlin. If someone is going to give you $5 million a year for six years, it would have been stupid of him to turn it down,” Hyman said. “But the contract was given to me, and it was ‘This is what we are going to do.’ I looked at myself and I was stunned.

“I had no say so over it. I’ve been doing this job for a long time. I had worked with Steve Spurrier for years, and he was paid a heck of a lot less than Coach Sumlin. And he won national championships after conference championships. And then you are making this commitment to a person, and again I don’t blame Kevin, that’s never won a conference championship.

“When the original contract was given to me, if Kevin were to leave the next day there was no buyout provision.”

Is this a case of an ex-athletic director covering his behind with revisionist history? On this one, no.

Given Hyman’s history of how he handled coaches and costs plus A&M’s history of an “active board,” his explanation is plausible.

But why would A&M give Sumlin such a deal when there was no need?

Because people didn’t know what they were doing,” Hyman said. “I learned this valuable lesson when I was at VMI (Virginia Military Institute), what the 12th Man Foundation is, or the Frog Club, or whatever.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article174596706.html

20. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I didn't realize Bill Powers and Steve Patterson ever worked at A&M.

:deadhorse:

• Like Like x 2
  21. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

More -- "They come to a meeting in a three-piece suit and they leave their brains at home."

• Like Like x 1
  23. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Wow. That is as brutal of an interview as you will read. Keeping in mind that this guy was known as being a professional, stand-up guy, it begs the question: What did he NOT talk about? Basically we can assume that this was the tip of the ice berg. The job he did at TCU was incredible. As a Fort Worth resident, I can say that IMHO he was the driving force to giving the Toads a foot hold as a Power Five program. He and Gary Patterson were the perfect guys. at the perfect time.

I'm sure he is glad that he is spending his morning at Starbucks while the Ags are on the hook for 11.75 million with a lame duck coach. The Cullen Blvd. Curse.

:bevo::cowrose:

• Like Like x 3
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

+25.5 seems like alot of points
    And the game is @ aggy
    What do you guys think?
    I never liked betting on aggy

25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

For comparison...'bama was -28 this past weekend. I got stupid and took the points. It was another Route 66. 66-3...and it really wasn't even THAT close.

• Like Like x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Not going to be close.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trying to talk me back from the ledge?

28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

learn from my mistake...I see a WHOLE LOT of rollin' going on...

29. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Tide will ROLL aggy up like a cheap suit.

• Like Like x 2
  30. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

4D1C9BEA-4E34-4877-BBD3-9F1A245A2B22.jpeg

• Like Like x 3