aggy meltdown

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by SectionThree, Mar 23, 2009.

1. ACuriae

ACuriae 500+ Posts

I've often wondered how many people posting on texags are actually Hornfans. It has to be 25+% considering how many ridiculous posts there are.

2. LonghornCougar

LonghornCougar 1,000+ Posts

I found another good one from texags about Texas fans and Darius White...

"I think the sips are strarting to freak out a little bit...

"Why hasn't he committed already?"

"Why is he looking at other schools?"

I just dont get their mindset over there in hippieland.

Hopefully Sherm made an impression on the young kid and maybe he will come back for another visit. If he doesn't end up in Aggieland though, I would love nothing more than to see him turn on the sips."

I think I'm spending too much time on the texags fanboard. It must be the offseason.

3. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

4. WTHorn

WTHorn 100+ Posts

5. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

6. LonghornCougar

7. Bundy

Bundy 100+ Posts

8. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

BTW, the idea of A&Ms culture hurting their recruiting wasn't one I came up w/ on my own. It was one I heard again and again from my dad (A&M class of 56) and all his hunting buddies through the years. I guess all those old boys were 2%ers. [​IMG]

9. converse

converse 250+ Posts

Agree with Bundy (who is a fantastic poster, btw) that there is plenty of talent to feed several teams - of course, need to remember that Big12 south teams aren't the only ones recruiting the state. So, some of those 4* players Bundy mentions as up for grabs between aTm, TT and OkieState are going to head to Michigan, USC, Auburn or Nebraska or wherever else.

The problem for aTm (right now) is that a group of those 2nd tier (that makes them sound lower rated than I think they are, but I'm not sure what to call them) are going to be in a mismatch against the 1st tier players - at least on paper.

So, while aTm might start getting better and better in terms of ability, it might not show up in W-L %. The result is that momentum then slows and some of those 4*'s start moving more towards TT or Baylor or whoever. So, unless aTm gets a few upset wins, they might just bounce up-and-down between 3rd-5th place in the division as they win/lose momentum every 2-4 years.

I think aTm should be consistently better than TTech, OkieSt and Baylor. They have the resources, fanbase & proximity to Houston to be a strong program. But, if they are in the business of fighting for recruits once the 1st tier players have been picked off, it's going to be tough.

All that said....get an upset win or two, or pull in that super special player (think Vince or Ricky or Peterson), then all bets are off. I just don't think "coaching up" lesser talent is going to be enough.

10. scharnell

scharnell 1,000+ Posts

watch out, the ags are touting that a DT for Louisiana will announce his commitment tonight...the ags feel they have a great chance of landing this kid...one poster said "This would be Huge!".

I went and checked out his Rivals profile and he has two offers, one from a&m and one from McNeese State. This will be a major coup if they can land him.

TexAgs link
    Rivals profile

11. LonghornCougar

Over/Under on how many posts say, "Good get, this kid is underrated. Way better motor than Bible or Cotton". I'll set it at +/- 6.5.

12. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

There's a lot of truth in Bundy's stance that there's enough talent in Texas, even after us, okie, and LSU get ours, to stock one or two more good teams.

That being said, player development becomes more important for the teams that aren't in the big three. The pirate generally does a great job of developing his players at Tech. Briles is coming on at Baylor. Coach I'm-A-Man up at okie lite has kept them relevant. aggy coaching?...not so relevant.

I think aggy could become a top twenty five team again, but the right coaching staff has to be in place. Agricultural needs someone younger, with more fire in the belly, coaching talent enough to win at the 1-AA, or whatever it's called these days level, and who sees the job in collie station as a career move. Sherman and his staff don't fit that description.

Recruiting has picked up a little bit for them in the last couple of weeks, but it's gonna take two or three solid classes to get agricultural back on solid ground.

Most people reading this thread may not care much for aggy recruiting...I really don't either. However, Bundy's come on here with some good info and takes, and I'm one Horn fan who agrees with him that football over there isn't a lost cause with the right staff in place. That's not the staff that's there now.

13. madcow

madcow 500+ Posts

14. UTFAN4EVER

UTFAN4EVER 250+ Posts

Cult perception is dead on in spite of what Bundy says. (What else is he going to say?) [​IMG]

15. scharnell

scharnell 1,000+ Posts

Williams committed tonight and the threads are already rolling...I haven't gone to the McNeese State message board to see how they are taking the loss.

16. LonghornCougar

HAHA, ok, which one of you is "blueag09"?!
    Straight from texags:

blueag09

Good get, this kid is underrated. Way better motor than Bible or Cotton.

texags

17. nemo

nemo < 25 Posts

18. UTFAN4EVER

UTFAN4EVER 250+ Posts

Thanks for the link Nemo. I especially liked the part about the "stiff" competition. [​IMG]

19. LonghornCougar

OMG, what are they doing with their hands in that lead photo?

Is this some aggy version of "spit brothers"....?

20. nemo

nemo < 25 Posts

The beauty is that you really couldn't make up anything worse.

Aggy is a self fulfilling prophecy.

21. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Yikes! On the yell leader photo.

Does Bundy ever post on Texags? I like his contributions here, but I bet he be urged to commit suicide (something posters regularly do over there) or branded a pot-banging idiot if you posted honestly over there.

Texags is getting better as their cult dilutes, but the process of becoming decultified will be geologically slow.

22. fishy

fishy 100+ Posts

23. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I'm thinking that if you could put the aggy yell leaders together with the okie barfly that likes to handle the merchandise of Texans, everybody'd be happy...one big, self-sustaining party! [​IMG]

24. LonghornCougar

25. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

"That is NOT the way to say hello to your new lead aggy yell guy!"

26. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Texags deleted the thread. Dang.

27. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

From Nemo's link...
    [​IMG]

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but some just leave you speechless.
    [​IMG]

28. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

That picture is hands down the most embarrassing one for aggy since the nut squeeze still from their Tech loss. I'm wondering how this will be topped within the next couple of years.

Well in all fairness, there was Javorskie crying and the Ag fan eating his booger, but those are video.

I'm curious though, why do the 2 guys that are embracing looking so sad? Are they the 2 that didn't get to be yell leaders?

Why one Earth anyone would attend that school is beyond me.

29. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

Those Polo shirts are gay.

30. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

mackfan,
    It's not the shirts, I promise.