Aggy 'SEC country' billboard up in Austin area

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by lhbruleshalftime, Aug 10, 2012.

1. lhbruleshalftime

lhbruleshalftime 250+ Posts

Just reported that a "This is SEC country" billboard is on I 35 in Pflugerville courtesy of our friends in the Brazos outhouse.

Pleeese just go away aggy.

P.S. Anyone have the cash (or care enough) to put a billboard up with a picture of Justin Tucker and 27 - 25 nearby?

[​IMG]

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

As funny as that would be, it's not really necessary. Anyone who's going to pay attention to the sign knows the score of the game.

3. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

4. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

Enjoy your billboard.

5. lhbruleshalftime

lhbruleshalftime 250+ Posts

There ya go, Gallopin!
    [​IMG]

6. OrangeHair

OrangeHair 250+ Posts

I thought A&M gave up football? I've stopped following them.

7. BV Horn

BV Horn 100+ Posts

They can have billboard, I'll take scoreboard. I guess somebody felt they needed some attention.

8. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

This is the same group who made tee-shirts of SEC country that excluded Missouri yet include N Carolina in it. Do they even teach geography at aggy station? [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Who is this "A&M" you speak of? Is this somebody we're supposed to know? I keep seeing them mentioned on this site...if we've got to talk about an SEC team, can we at least make it a much more interesting one??? [​IMG]

(P.S. They won't go away if we keep talking about 'em.)

10. SHS1984

SHS1984 250+ Posts

I have a great idea.............we should play A&M in football every year and beat thier ***.

[​IMG]

11. RooskiHorn

RooskiHorn 25+ Posts

Why is it that every time someone from Farmerville farts, the effects must be discussed on this board?

They chose to leave, so for gawd's sake, let 'em leave. We have an amazing season, upon which to focus! Bring on the UW Cowboys!

Hook'em Horns!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

For entertainment value...

"Pflugerville is SEC Country"
    [​IMG]

Shaggy's response...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the LHN's response...

[​IMG]

13. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

14. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Here is a reliable standby for a billboard - you can add the words:

THIS IS SEC COUNTRY!

[​IMG]

OR

You may remember this little gem! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. BevoDan

BevoDan 100+ Posts

SECya'...27-25!!! [​IMG]

16. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

Wow that really sucks that they will take pride in being an SEC fluffer.

17. LongJohn

LongJohn 100+ Posts

Saw another identical billboard shortly after crossing into Texas from OK on 35W. I told my wife that they are desperately seeking affirmation through external means instead of just doing things right internally. Alas, they are aggys and that would be impossible.

18. UT1986

UT1986 500+ Posts

Neidermeyer is that you in that pic? And what the hell are you doin' w/that other corps turd? LOL!

19. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Last time I checked, arkey and LSU have recruited pretty well in Texas for years, and 'Bama gets the occasional solid player out of the state too. 'Ole Miss and Tennessee get one or two Texans a year as well. Texas has, to a degree, been SEC country of sorts for a long time. The agricultural school going into the confederacy isn't gonna give the SEC that much more presence here. I'm surprised some Austin area graffiti artists haven't already tagged that billboard until it's unrecognizable.

20. TheGallopinGoose

21. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I'm just interested in the street art...could care less for agricultural.

22. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

Oh my goodness. If not for 27-25 this could have been very annoying instead of very pathetic. Thank you Justin Tucker for saving me from that alternate reality.

23. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

I saw another one when I was is Dallas this week. It was on the North Central Expy just past Mockingbird. Boy they sure showed SMU!

24. TheGallopinGoose

25. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Goose, thx for that link. I never knew there was a vid of it, only that old grainy newspaper pic. Also had never heard that the aggy cheerleader kicked the SMU cheerleader while he was down. Liked the way the vid ends [​IMG]

26. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

^^^
    This, and the "SEC Country" billboard in Dallas just might be enough to make it worthwhile to fight the heat and take in the aggy vs SMU game.

27. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

28. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Billboards must be a SEC thing. There is a Alabama billboard southbound on the Dallas North Tollway just south of LBJ.