Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Bevosbff1973, Nov 27, 2017.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I seriously hope you posted that TIC and don't believe that ****.

We are sitting on a powderkeg, and hopefully CdC can make the necessary changes to defuse it, while keeping Fenves from intervening. Otherwise, save your money because we may be using Memorial Stadium only for concerts.

2. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

What is the powderkeg you speak of? Do you know something or are you just using hyperbole to make a point about Plonsky?

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No hyperbole necessary. It is what it is!

4. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Johnny Backup’s team, Hamilton Tiger-Cats, kick off tonight on ESPN2 at 6:00 p.m. I may tune in for a bit just to see live football

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 10
  6. beer_dog

beer_dog 100+ Posts

Three days and no Happy Father's Day, no wonder they are not invited to Thanksgiving.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  8. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

aggy is doing well in the college world series riding the coattails of Arkansas.

• Like Like x 5
  9. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Oh no! aggy may be down a team to cheer for with their all male cheer squad.

10. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Speaking of aggy... LHN is showing 2011 UT - aggy game as i peck this out. It never gets old seeing aggy thinking they got this game and the Horns plunge a huge dagger in aggy hearts everywhere!!

:yippee::hookem:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  11. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

They knew in their hearts they would lose.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Its funny. Aggy never sees it coming.

You would think that after 75, 37 and 5, they would have seen number 76 coming. But no.
    Its like the fish that strikes the lure. Gets the hook ripped out of its throat, nearly suffocates before being thrown back. And turns around and strikes the next lure. Every time.

• Like Like x 2
  13. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

• Like Like x 1
  14. 4th_floor

I want to short AGGY because of the name. It's actually better than a savings account or CD.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Demonstrating, YET AGAIN, that the aggy jokes just continue to write themselves...

• Like Like x 3
  16. WorsterMan

SEC fans have been scratching their heads for years over agricultural & mechanical college of Texas joining their conference.

So many strange and downright weird traditions and behavior. Plus odd and twisted logic.

:beertoast:

• Like Like x 1
  17. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

While we play USC and mobilehoma this year and the conference could be strong with OSU, TCU, and WVU, A&M plays SECSECSEC!!!! teams.

Advantage...A&M.

2%ers

18. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Watching Longhorn Network. 1992 game against the land thieves. In the waning seconds, the announcers mention Texas playing A&M in the final game of that year. One says it should be a classic. Other guy says, "It always is...for some reason." I mean, he said with total confusion in his voice. Uh, it's because that cult lived for nothing more than beating the sips!

Ha, made me chortle, sat well with me, and I am gruntled.

• Like Like x 6
  19. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  20. WorsterMan

Jury is out on Jumbo...

Remember all the past hype and excitement when Franchionne, Sherman and Stumblin took over? Aggy had unbridled visions of grandeur and glory!

This hire might be just another collie station flash-in-the-pan!!

• Like Like x 2
  21. WorsterMan

Anyone else watching LHN right now?

Replay of 1983 UT vs. aggy.

aggy jumped out to 13-0 lead and Rick McIvor comes in and bombs aggy. Still 3rd quarter - Horns up 45 -13.

Poooooor ahhgggggggy!

• Like Like x 2
  22. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Jury is out on Jumbo...
    Remember all the past hype and excrement when Franchionne, Sherman and Stumblin took over? Aggy had unbridled visions of grandeur and glory!

This hire might be just another collie station flash-in-the-pan!!

FIFY!

• Like Like x 1
  23. ProdigalHorn

It's hard for me to enjoy that game. I mean yes, it was fun. But it's a painful reminder of how underachieving and inconsistent that team was. It was inexcusable they didn't win a national championship, and they could have done it with almost no top-level talent at skill positions. Now granted, A&M was a garbage team that year that basically did what Aggies do at home for a quarter before folding it up. But still, it's hard to watch that team play like it did, knowing what they were going to do a month later.

24. WorsterMan

Yes, watching that game, I too was reminded that aggy was a garbage team the Horns bombed.

On 1/1/84 I'm sitting in the bone cold CB upper deck watching the same Offense struggle mightily to score 3 Jeff Ward FG's against a mediocre GA team. The '83 Defense was one of, if not the best D in UT history. That UT team not winning a NC that year was criminal and I think ultimately had a role in Freddy losing his job a few years later.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  25. 4th_floor

I graduated in 84. The defense was awesome, except for that horrible brain fart in the Cotton Bowl vs Ga. The offense and McIvor always showed great potential, but was too inconsistent. McIvor had the best arm I've ever seen, but no touch. I remember a perfect 45 yard pass he threw against Miami without planting - he was actually moving back while throwing. But his short passes were bullets that bounced off receivers' hands more often than not. He needed better receivers, but he also needed to throw a change up instead of a fastball on short passes.

• Like Like x 1
  26. WorsterMan

^^^^ agree McIvor did have an incredible arm but NO touch. If he had touch to go with his good mobility, he might have done greater things at UT and maybe the NFL.

27. ProdigalHorn

I think he actually signed with the Cardinals. I don't think he ever saw the field, but his pure arm strength I think warranted him a look. Says a lot about his potential, and who knows, if we had been in the watered-down NFL era back then, he might have even caught on with someone.

28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

So...does the epic collapse of Pig Sooey mean that aggy and the ways of aggy have completely infected the mighty SEC-SEC-SEC?

29. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

I had a client that was an Ole Miss graduate. After their first encounter with aggy he said the general consensus around the Grove was "they appear to be Mississippi State with a better FICO score".

• Like Like x 4
  30. WorsterMan

That quote is funny as hell !!!