Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Bevosbff1973, Nov 27, 2017.

1. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Ask Bama and Georgia what it’s called!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I wonder what % of time that simulation had Georgia beating us and how many times they beat us by 20+ points. I mean, aggy said we couldn't hang within 30 of the Dawgs.

4. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

This shirt would be perfect if it had a cartoon elephant violently having its way with a willing collie with heart shaped eyes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Excellent question, my friend!:bow:

• Like Like x 1
  6. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

So, I guess aggy is forfeiting all of their "so-called" football wins prior to 2011?

7. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Leave it to aggie to replace the participation trophy with a non participation trophy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

No to taking aggy back and no to playing aggy again. Not wanted and not needed.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Todd Rundgren wrote a song asking about it, my answer is ... NO:

We can't play this game anymore
    But can we still be friends?
    Things just can't go on like before

We had something to learn
    Now it's time for the wheel to turn
    Grains of sand, one by one
    Before you know, it's all gone

Let's admit we made a mistake
    (Can we still be friends?)
    Heartbreak's never easy to take

It's a strange sad affair
    Sometimes seems that we just don't care
    Don't waste time feeling hurt
    We've been through hell together

(La la la la, la la la la, la)
    Can we still be friends?
    (Can we still get together sometime?)
    (La la la la, la la la la, la)
    You know life will still go on and on and on

11. rick mueller

Reading that thread made my day! Too funny for words. Don't say we didn't warn ya sec, sec,sec.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Somebody jealous

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Ha, where Texas plays and on what networks is worse than losing on a regular basis at full stadiums on CBS. Got it.

Edit: I'll have to go back through the forum I guess, but I don't recall posters around here pretending Maryland and the squeaked out Tulsa win didn't happen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. LonghornDave

I really don't think all aggies are as obsessed with the Big 12 as Leon but aggie has the most obsessed fans. Trying to discount a Sugar Bowl win over the number two team in their conference by using other conference teams' wins and losses is just a bizarre stretch and a place most football fans would not go. Horns finished in the top 10 at the end of season, higher than aggie, with a better record than aggie. aggie did not play in a new year's day game. aggie lost last game and overall record to Texas. Resulting in aggie claiming "Top of the Food Chain Trophy 2019", orders trophy and rings from Balfour, and distributes T shirts exclusively through Academy and select retailers. Rich.

• Like Like x 2
  16. rick mueller

I do!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I am now dumber for having read that entire thread. There's not a single intelligent person in the SEC on that board.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The rule on this seems to be -- one aggy alone can be a great human being -- honest, funny, sociable, even normal. However, when you let two or more together in the same place, their collective IQ falls off a cliff and they quickly turn into idiots.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  19. LonghornDave

Thus the source of the "one aggie rule".

• Hot Hot x 2
  20. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

“One Aggie rule” That’s funny.

Reminds me of the two Baptist fishing rule.
    You have to take two fishing. If you take one, he will drink all your beer. If you take two, they will watch each other and drink none of your beer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ivan,

If you take two Baptist, there will be a disagreement;

if you take three, there will be at least one splinter group.

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

A few things I realized after reading that thread.

1. Aggsy think they belong in the SEC because they have money and bring in more money to the SEC.

2. Aggsy like to say stupid lies like "Since scholarship limits they are even with Texas in win/loss column. Since 1992 when Scholarships dropped from 95 to 92 They are 7 and 12 against Texas. Since it dropped to 85 back in the 1994-95 season they are 5 - 12. I'm sure they can find some obscure year where the math shows they have a winning record but using true objective year proves they are inferior to Texas.

3. Aggsy did run away from Texas, when your school president and AD both say you left the Big 12 to get out of the shadow of Texas, it means you ran away. They also know that if they play Texas and lose, it will destroy their credibility for moving on to bigger and better in the SEC.

Right now they can be a 9-4 team and still talk big about how they are better than everyone else because they lost to teams that are better than everyone else. Lose to Texas and you are less than Texas, that hurts their sales pitch, almost as much as Georgia losing to Texas hurt their sales pitch.

A quick visit to texags.com after the Sugar bowl was like talking to a bunch of suicidal teenagers after Curt Cobain committed suicide. It was that bad.

4. Their whole argument against how weird and ridiculous they are, can be broken down into the playground adage, "I know your, what about me".

Truth is there is no defending their weirdness, but they don't like it when you point it out.

5. True SEC fans do realize that the aggsy are perfect for the SEC for three important reasons.
    A. More money for all schools in that conference because of Texas TV sets.
    B. Greater access to recruiting the state of Texas.
    C. They are an easy win, with the appearance of a quality win.

They are tailor made for the SEC.

• Winner Winner x 3
  23. LonghornDave

50 years back, Texas beats Arkansas for National Championship. Aggie plays no one for NC. Both leave Texas’ shadow for sec sec sec. Arkansas and aggie play no one for NC ever again. Aggie beats arky every year. Both declare victory! Under bama’s boot greater than in Texas, TT or OU shadow! Whoop Souie.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

What is dumbfounding to me is that piggy split from Texas, even though in the 20 years or so of piggy's last years of being in the SWC their athletics were regularly ranked either No. 1 overall or in the top 5 or so. Tribute to Broyles for not only being a good football HC but also apparently a pretty good AD. But Arkansas is a relatively small state, in size and population and in economy.

Even though in the SWC they were the only non-Texas member, they were a perennial top 10 football team, a top 10 men's basketball team, and a top 10 baseball team. Their track and field was winning national championships IIRC.

Since they left the SWC they won a men's basketball title, will give them that, but other than that, not so much. Of course Broyles has passed, so part of that. More likely, their pipeline of Texas prep talent closed down.

It's why OU will NEVER split from UT.

aggy? Well, they are located within the State of Texas, so they have that going for them. And they're a hop, skip, and jump from Houston.

25. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Great description of a$m.

I've been saying for 10 years that Arkansas should be #1 on our target list for Big 12 expansion. That whole SEC thing has been really bad for them.

26. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Check out Arkansas football the 27 years before joining the SEC and the 27 years after.

Record 27 years before: 214-89-8 (0.700)
    Record 27 years after: 173-155-2 (0.527)

Conference titles 27 years before: 6
    Conference titles 27 years after: 0

Tier 1 bowl appearances 27 years before: 9
    Tier 1 bowl appearances 27 years after: 1

Tier 1 bowl victories 27 years before: 3
    Tier 1 bowl victories 27 years after: 0

Top 25 finishes 27 years before: 15
    Top 25 finishes 27 years after: 5

Top 10 finishes 27 years before: 8
    Top 10 finishes 27 years after: 1

Top 5 finishes 27 years before: 3
    Top 5 finishes 27 years after: 1

Losing seasons 27 years before: 2
    Losing seasons 27 years after: 11

This will get worse after we go to 28 years next year because we pick up Arkansas’s 1964 11-0 national championship winning season.

Moving to the SEC has been a complete disaster for Arkansas Football.... AND I LOVE IT! LET THEM STAY IN THE SEC AND IRRELEVANT FOR ETERNITY!

This analysis will not work with A&M as, other than 1939, they have been equally irrelevant regardless of conference.

• Like Like x 4
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  27. horninchicago

They have beaten Texas twice that I recall since running away, so, like aggie and sooner fans, that equates to success, in spite of these stats.

28. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

They are 3-2 against us, so you are correct. That will be the only stat that counts to them. Thanks Charlie Strong for that Texas Bowl.

29. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

piggy logic: "We'd rather be at the bottom of the SEC in all sports than be at the top of the SWC/Big12 and basically split W/L in football, basketball, and baseball with Texas."

• Winner Winner x 2
  30. horninchicago

I gave you "Winner", however, it was based on everything you said after "logic", which they don't have, which I realize was your point.