Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Bevosbff1973, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Don't forget Mack's 2000 Cotton Bowl. IIRC we had - 6 rushing yards in that entire game.

Either one of those teams were completely unprepared.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Forgot about that. One of the most bitter losses for me was 2003. Pre-season top 5 and totally dominated by them and that a-hole Nutt and his horns down. I literally ripped off my Longhorn shirt after that game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Actually, in that 2000 game, our issue was not being unprepared. We lost Kwame Cavil and Aaron Humphrey among others for violating team rules. Even Major Applewhite got hurt. I would describe that game as more us being snake bit.

I still cannot explain 2003 other than, that Texas team showed up sometimes and sometimes it did not show up at all.

2004 was nice to beat them up there.

The 2008 52-10 beatdown was great and ends 59-3 if John Chiles does not fumble.

We should be 3-3 against them if they did not back out and postpone the 2009 game until 2021 in hopes of avoiding back-to-back massives beatdowns. The good news is, if things keep trending the way they are, they can look forward to Tom Herman and Sam Ehlinger giving them the same beatdown Mack Brown and Colt McCoy were going to give them in 09.

May have to change the lyrics of the Eyes of Texas to “do not think you can escape them, not even in 2021” for that game.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yup, suspension of Cavil & Humphrey were not only a major distraction for the team but losing them clearly hurt on the field. Include loss of Major and it was a recipe for a bad showing and loss.

After that game, I too wanted to jump through the TV set and strangle Nutt...

5. WorsterMan

"aggy" thread - 37 pages and counting!!

Amazing to note this thread was started by BevosBFF1973 in Nov. 2017. He seemed decent at first and then was banned after turning into a raging, name calling *** clown....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  6. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I questioned the sanity of this thread going on myself a while back, but, it's starting to grow on me! HornFans rule(s)!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Detective Shilala

BevosBFF will have the record for being the most prolific AND short-lived poster ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

aggy QB Nick Starkel leaving as a grad transfer with 2 years to play

• Like Like x 2
  9. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Nick is a trooper. Surprised he is leaving...but really have no idea his skill set.

10. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Regarding the 2000 Cotton Bowl, I opine the safety that was not called changes that game in a big way. I was at that game, a clear safety that was not called when the game was still close and in doubt. If I remember correctly, pig then threw a long pass out of the end zone. Game changer.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. WorsterMan

To deal with a loss I mostly try to forget the game overall plus the big plays that contributed to the loss. I had forgotten this safety vs. the hawgs that was not called - indeed it was a HUGE game changer.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  13. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Hey, Saints fans are suing the NFL over the non call a few days ago. What is the statue ;) of limitations on this non call from 2000?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Obviously he has the skill set to recognize a cult and get away while the getting is good...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

sec was not Starkel ready!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Bourbon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Funny story if you feel like taking the time

18. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Heard an aggy caller to an ESPN radio show yesterday explaining why, because of their excellent OOC upcoming schedule, they really wouldn’t have any motivation to schedule Texas. “Who would they replace?” It is impressive:

19:
    20:
    Wow, Colorado!

21:
    Wow, Colorado!

22:
    Miami. What a coup!

23:
    You have to wonder how these morons are allowed to roam the streets untethered.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. WorsterMan

^^^^ aggy, huh, what a truly impressive OOC !

Kind of surprised to not see Howard Payne, Texas Lutheran, UT Permian Basin or Texas Wesleyan College (the Rams just restarted their football program after suspending it in 1942 due to WWII).

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  20. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Smart kid.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. rick mueller

The only thing scarier than them roaming the streets is that some manage to figure how to breed and spawn other sub-human life forms. Therefore continuing the line.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Detective Shilala

Well to be fair, the face-raping that they will receive from Clemson on 9/7/19 could leave a mark that lasts well past 2023.

SEC SEC sec...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

New Aggy talking point is that Texas has easy schedule to reach CFP, as if they are preparing their excuses for the next 4 years.

• Winner Winner x 2
  24. rick mueller

They can try as hard as they want to but they won't be able to gloss over tht we will be 3-0 against the mighty sec,sec,sec after we thump the baby tigers.

25. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

For your viewing pleasure :hookem:

26. LonghornCatholic

Dang! Forgot, Longhorn Frenzy doesn't let others share his tweets.

27. LonghornCatholic

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

:errbody:

• Like Like x 3
  29. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

:e-face-tears: So how do they explain our dismembering of Georgia, one of the sec's top programs that was ranked #2? Oh wait, I forgot, Georgia didn't want to be in the Sugar Bowl and was still upset because they weren't in the NCG. What a bunch of tards.

30. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

With the exception of Clemson and maybe Colorado, do any of those teams even have a pulse? What a candy assed schedule.

• Agree Agree x 1