Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Bevosbff1973, Nov 27, 2017.

1. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

I think the maroon indicates blood in their stool.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 2
  2. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

aggy will be lucky to go 6-6 and get into an irrelevant bowl. They get torched at Georgia, at Alabama and at LSU. Recruiting crumbles and we have the same aggy we have always had.

$75,000,000.00 though. aggy always gonna aggy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Not sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

$75M don’t get ya what it used too...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

51,441 was announced attendance for their game today vs Arky. Wow only 51k at Jerry's world? So much for this being a game to rival the Red River Showdown or whatever we call it these days.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

CDC was not speaking about apples to apples when he said that Michigan and Ohio State would always play. Texas and Oklahoma not playing is equivalent to that. Texas and TAMU are Michigan-Michigan State, Alabama-Auburn, USC-UCLA, Florida-Florida State, Oklahoma-Oklahoma State...a level down....

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

I'd say those except Fl-FLSt aren't really comparable either as the others are conference games.

8. zuckercanyon

Eh. I'm speaking of top 10 vs top 11-25 programs.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I think Texas and aggy is more like Penn State and Pitt. Notre Dame and Navy or Clemson vs South Carolina.

A really good team vs a little brother.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The best 3-2 team in the country
    Because SEC!
    [​IMG]

11. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

They'll go 7-5, but those 3 remaining losses aren't going to be pretty. They'll be 7-3 going into the UGA and LSU games, but they'll have issues scoring double digits against UGA, and LSU might hang 50 on them after their disappointment from last year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Ole Miss could beat aggy at Ole Miss, which would make them 6-6. I agree with everything else you said.

13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

At 6-6, and 2 wins over the likes of Lamar and Tx St, would they even qualify for a bowl? It's important because, no matter how sorry the bowl is, they'll get a lot of extra football practice time preparing for the bowl. If not, they'll be behind the curve in Spring training and Fall practice.

Phone call-recruit to Tom in mid-December--

Tom: So what have you been up to?

Recruit: Classes and working out and stuff. Oh yeah, I was talking to Coach Jimbo at A&M earlier today.

Tom: Why don't you ask him how his preparations are coming along for the aggies' bowl game?

Recruit: [Short pause, followed by uncontrollable laughter]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

aggy still on hold to schedule them

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

For me, the one that doesn’t belong on the list is Alabama/Auburn, which is as passionate a rivalry as there is.

Also, while for several reasons it’s okay right now not to play A&M, it is a major rivalry, whether we outrank them or not. It goes to culture, into the workplace, and into every sport; even academic rivalry. Witness this thread. If we played Aggie in Jerry World, there would not be 51,000 people there. The atmosphere of a 50/50 crowd would be just like an OU game.

16. BurntOrangeLH

Except there would only be one good team on the field.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Preseason I predicted aggy would finish 7-5.

Since the losses to Clemson & Auburn, I've been re-thinking the rest of their schedule. Mond is inconsistent and they damn near lost to the lowly hawgs!!

Originally I assumed aggy would beat Ole Miss & Miss Aggie. But I now believe they will very likely lose 1 of those 2 games - prolly @ Ole Miss, finishing the season an embarrassing 6-6.

6 losses, 5 of them SEC: Son of Clem, Auburn, GA, Bama, LSU and Ole Miss.

Hello Toilet Bowl !!

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  18. BurntOrangeLH

Pulling for 5-7 in Jimbo's second year. Massive commitment flips before NSD.

19. WorsterMan

OMG!! If aggy were to go 5-7 in year 2 of the Jumbo $75 MM regime, followed by a "massive commit flip" ....

there would be a huge mushroom cloud over B-CS and Texags would have to shut down for weeks !!

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Could you imagine being aggy?
    It was bad enough around here for the last 9 years knowing our one time "forever coach" had lost his way, and then hiring the wrong guy and knowing it would be at least another coaching cycle and lots of $$$ before finding our next "forever coach".

But we didn't go all in like aggy did here. Nothing left to do for them but run headlong into the darkness knowing that the light at the end of the tunnel is likely to be a train.

• Like Like x 2
  21. BurntOrangeLH

Nah, they would just take it out on the sheep and each other.

On the other hand, the Bonfire could return when they burn Jimbo in effigy or in actuality.

• Funny Funny x 3
  22. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ole Miss is in Oxford so that makes the hill even higher.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. zuckercanyon

The Ag fans are bothered since Jimbo won’t let Mond run but I think Jimbo has no backup so is protecting Mond.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

They look like TCU lite.

The old joke is that Tarleton is the dumping ground for aggie transfers for whom Texas A&M was far too urbane, liberal, sophisticated, diverse, and cosmopolitan.
    :yes:

To their credit, they're the tops at rodeo and dairy farming (a very rough-and-tough sport and an important industry--no joke on this part).

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

lol arkansas traveling anywhere will never get there.

i think aTm v LSU could

26. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I'm going to try to forget you asked that.

• Funny Funny x 7
  27. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

Lamar is FCS, but Texas State is FBS. I'm fairly certain you're allowed to count one FCS win towards bowl eligibility, but not two.

28. WorsterMan

upload_2019-10-2_12-24-2.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

With roughly 80 Bowl participants needed, it's hard to imagine the Aggie not making it. 6-6 and even 5-7 teams make it in and UTSA is pretty much a sure win.

30. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

NEVER, EVER EVER EVER, could I imagine this!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1