Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Bevosbff1973, Nov 27, 2017.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

No...
    I mean, Jimbo was such a bargain, there are plenty of dollars remaining.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Show cause for Jimbo recruiting missteps.

3. RainH2burntO

I put this on Random News but thought it deserved a place over here on the reigning 6th place SEC! SEC! SEC! team's thread:

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They used to call Thursday "thirsty"
    Now its ....

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

^^^^^^^
    Joe, you just confused the aggy trolls.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I am sure they will love this one

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BurntOrangeLH

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

That is the funniest thing you have ever posted. Herman is almost as dense as the clown that wrote the article. How can someone so clueless be assigned to cover Texas? Maybe because Si has no professional contributors that have a clue about the circumstances and why Texas and A&M are not going to play and have no interest in playing. Maybe after Deloss and a generous generation of Longhorns die, the clueless committee at each school will consider it, Still lots of people with long memories on both sides have to die first.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

Agree with you Sabrehorn.

Herman needs to do himself a favor and just stfu for awhile and worry about coaching football, just like all of these players need to stfu for awhile ( a long time actually) and worry about football and stop getting their rear ends kicked up to their shoulders on the football field for a change.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BurntOrangeLH

Glad you were entertained. Just tired of hearing aTm say how good they are for finishing 4th or 5th in SEC West and how they own Texas recruiting. I personally never want to play them again, but I sure think Herman gets recruiting points by exposing their fear of losing to Texas on the field again, again.

Maybe you will like the Brainiacs take better?

"I couldn’t help but notice this topic repeatedly coming up on my social media feed this week. While I understand the intrigue for many, we’ve gone down this rabbit hole numerous times over the past few years and nothing has changed. The Aggies (hiding behind the SEC Bowl Selection Committee) have avoided Texas in two different Bowl opportunities in recent years.

They don’t want anything to do with playing the Longhorns. No matter how bad the Texas record looks at the time. No matter if they had a talent advantage on paper (they don’t). No matter how many times Chris Del Conte engages with their Athletic Director. No matter how many times Tom Herman gives a public response on the topic. They feel like they made the biggest power move that they possibly could.

They ran.

They would rather finish 4th in the SEC West Division every year than finish 4th or 5th in the Big XII overall, as they did annually during their time there. They can stick their chests out about losing their annual 4-5 games a year because, in their minds, they are only being beaten by the elite of College Football. They get to “lose with dignity” and if they somehow luck up and win a big game, it’s time to break out the future National Championship trophies and get the dynasty talk rolling. They are a part of the best conference in the sport despite not actually contributing anything to that conference. They’re in hyperbole heaven.

The SEC tolerates A&M only because they foolishly opened up the floodgates to the fertile recruiting grounds of DFW, Houston, and East Texas to them. The big boys in the SEC Conference do nothing but benefit from the Aggies being on their schedule year in and year out. It’s free exposure into Texas and it’s almost always an easy addition to the win column.

A&M being on the schedule never really did benefit Texas much, at least not in my lifetime. If Texas beats A&M, it’s because they are supposed to. If A&M beats Texas, by God, the Aggies run this state.
    Texas and Texas A&M was great while it lasted, but it’s over now."

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Once again, some dumbass without a clue throwing **** to see if it will stick against the wall. I shall agree with their statement to put it to rest. Maybe they will play after a bunch of us die, but I hope to never see Texas vs aTm play football.

As for Herman's comments, once again his lack of common sense is absolutely amazing. Did he shine a light or impress a single recruit? Maybe some unrated second team benchwarmer at Whitefish Bay HS in Montana, but I seriously doubt that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It is amazing how they continue to avoid Georgia
    I think we have played Georgia as many times as they have

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Joe, you have to remember aggy has the self-anointed best QB in the $EC (he tried claiming Texas but with Buchel and Sam around even aggy could not stretch that).

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Will they finish above .500?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Viper,

As an Aggie friend told me, his IQ is below the sum of Shane & Sam's jersey numbers.

16. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I went to high school with his dad, He is a really good kid who made a bad college choice. His dad Kevin, is about 6'10 played basketball for my high school team and went on to play in college for that team in Kingsville I think they became part of the a&m system.

17. RainH2burntO

About as strange and pointless of an article as you will ever read. These young "journalists".....try way too hard to be clever...weren't taught the point of journalism - or, rather, don't care apparently.
    Read it twice and still do not know what she said.....nor why...

Aggies On Top Of Longhorns Is No Laughing Matter

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Rain
    I am pretty smart so I thought I'd help you out and explain the meaning of the article.
    I read it 3 times
    Really stupid. Not worth reading even once.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. RainH2burntO

I'm sorry I subjected you to it.
    I felt dumber after reading it...

too much taint for my brain

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Wow, I tried to read it but I got about 3 sentences and I was done. Did she actually make a point? Those bung holes are one spot ahead and their ridiculous schedule just got infinitely harder. They might be a 6-6 team this season.

Texas has by far the better QB, and Running backs, I'm pretty sure we have the Better DBs and Dline.

21. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

OMG, this "journalist" set out to impress the reader with her ability to compose whimsical statements and fantasies about the two universities and the past rivalry.

The statement "no one remembers who won the last game between them." I call ******** on that one!

Not your fault Rain, but I felt my IQ dropped a few points after reading it.... and I really can't spare any.

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

What is aggy going to say if OSU, UM, etc join the B12.

23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

They weren't SEC ready

• Funny Funny x 4
  24. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

and I cannot get the time back.

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I took the bait... I wasted time on the nothing article. The only positive is I am now convinced I could be one helluva good journalist in comparison to that crap.

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

poor aggy

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. BurntOrangeLH

Hell yeah, his recruiting classes and his evaluations are so wack as evidenced in the post about Eagles above. Hell, we could have had Rondale for a whole year!
    :facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Indeed, another out of state recruit, while Texas kids are hauling *** to LSU. Ohio State, et al

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

30. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Did you ever watch that episode of friends where Joey tries to sound smarter by using a Thesaurus? That is what that article reminded me of.

• Funny Funny x 3