aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Texanne, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Sarkisian said he wants to play them.

No.

Don’t schedule them. Ever.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm not sure he was "prepped" for that question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Disagree. It's a classic historical rivalry. Should be in the rotation along with the Hogs.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

ShakeHeadNo2.gif

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I get what y’all are putting down, but an easy SEC win can’t hurt the SOS. Or we can schedule Vandy. SEC-SEC amirite?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Been discussed many times. A lose/lose for Texas.

Texas wins, big deal, they should have.

Texas loses. Holy crap! recruiting, etc., suffers. Bragging rights. And for those of you in Texas, those loons are insufferable when they beat Texas.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  7. Duck Dodgers

No, you should occasionally at least, play other historical rivals. I know some here are still miffed at ATM leaving for the SEC, but it was the best thing they had done for themselves in years.

They were stagnant in the B12, in a league that looked like it was going belly up on the water, and now can expose their foolish traditions to a wider audience who looks in horror at what they have let into the conference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Duck Dodgers

All that could be said for the Hogs as well. But it's a classic rivary there, going back to the Big Shootout and Nixon in the stands.

An occasional ATM game would take us back to the days of Colt whipping up on them (whose your Cart now!), Vince running them ragged, Ricky getting the single season rushing record via a huge run (and a 50 yard downfield block by W McGarity), and J Brown willing the team to victory on a bloody ankle.

• Like Like x 2
    • poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  9. horninchicago

I just remember, as I am sure you and many others do, the 80s and 90s. Yes, the mack years brought redemption and a close to the embarrassment of playing that lunatic school.

I don't like playing arkie either. One of my worst memories of the Mack era was the 2003 loss to those ********. Beating them in 2004 did nothing for Texas. mack still had to politic to get us in the Rose Bowl instead of that titty baby Rodgers and Cal, who got their asses handed to them by Tech. Arkie has been a perennial cellar dwelling SEC also ran with nothing to show for running away from the SWC. Screw them and the horse they rode in on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

My experience is that most of the people wanting to play aTm have no idea of the way they behaved over the TV network (you name it because they could have owned half of it - some of you thought the programming couldn't get worse, imagine half of it being Aggie hi-lites). They were losing $20 million a year, and Deloss offered them half of LHN to help out. They had their feelings hurt that ABC didn't offer them a network.

No it would not have been called Cult Network or Brainwashed Network.

NO, NO, and Hell NO.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Duck Dodgers

Yeah, I remember their Freak Out!!! about the LHN. As with most things, it was much ado about nothing on the network, which hasn't moved the winning needle at all at Texas.

But it's all water under the dam now. College football is all about tradition and highlights of old classic games to set the stage for the upcoming game. After what a ten year break, it would be fun to have a home / home against them.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  12. horninchicago

Don't be a 2%er.

13. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I live in SEC country with a family of SEC fans pulling for Tennessee. Last night, I asked Mrs Eyes who she was pulling for. Even though she hates Alabama, she said Alabama. I laughed and said,”good for you huckleberry.” Surprisingly, I missed out on an important asset last night.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. horninchicago

A sacrifice worth making considering the circumstances.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I always regret when my mouth costs other worthy parts of my body joy.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Duck Dodgers

That's good bull! I'm more Old Army!

Look, believe me, I understand how foolish the goobers are. All the more reason to continue the time honored tradition of Texas whipping up on the Ags. 65-37 or whatever it is won't get better on its own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. horninchicago

I agree with most of your stuff, but can't go along here. Not that you and I can do jack squat about it either way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Duck Dodgers

It is a different mindset. SEC teams all root for each other in the bowls, while all (good) Texas fans want OU to be whipped up on and disposed of before halftime. I'd expect no less from them to Texas, and that's the way it should be.

19. horninchicago

And aggie fans do that now, but didn't when they were in the SWC/Big XII. But they have shown a propensity to be brainwashed with group think. Hell, those morons would root against Texas if it helped them somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Count me as a "BAD" Texas fan. I have always wanted OU to lose one game because I want it to stick in their gut that they only lost one game and that was to us. I have even told Barry that there was no one I wanted to beat more than him, but I wanted him to think about it for 365 days that we were the ONE.

In recent years, I want them to lose to Gundy, but not particularly any of his predecessors.

In 2000 (IIRC), I even called Bob Stoops to wish him good luck before the National Championship game. (I got to talk to him thanks to Bobby Jack.)

21. Duck Dodgers

Yuck. To me OU / Texas is pure dislike, no quarter given, asked, or expected. Yet we still respect each other's programs and the accomplishments (though it's increasing hard for Texas to keep up on that end), while wanting the other team to go 0-12 for this season at least.

22. Duck Dodgers

They SEC root now to gravy train along with those in the league who have actually accomplished something.

I expect them add a sign to their tackle box: 2020 team - only beaten by the eventual National Champion!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

You guys have no idea how much I wanted to beat OU. In the mid 70s and through the years with Fred, I would start throwing up on Sunday, and would throw up all week. No food would stay down. My first meal would be Friday lunch on the way to Dallas. Usually a steak and baked potato Friday night. As soon as the game was over, I started worrying about next year.

That said, I thought it would really bother Switzer more knowing that his only loss was to Texas, and he had to wait 365 days to try to get even.

FWIW, Fred was the only Texas coach I had no fear of losing a game to anyone. His record against ranked teams will never be equaled.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  24. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Thats the majority of my aggy friends right now. Bragging about another SEC championship while at the same time being critical of Sark coming to Texas. I think they know deep down Texas hired a good one but don't want to admit it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

An oldie:

aggysectrophycase.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  26. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

NO way in hell. They acted like a spoiled 5 yr old and threw a temper tantrum. They took their ball and went home.

Just like if a girl thinks you're not good enough for her and then finds out you have $ and comes crawling back. NO way in hell.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  27. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I’ll set up a protest and we will March on the capital if UT schedules those Aggies.
    It’s been said before, and 100% true.

You CANNOT win. If UT does win - my Aggie family has 100 excuses and of course UT won because of “X”
    If UT looses, it’s childish comments and 50 fing memes they send.

I’ve alway Said this- Aggies are good people until they play UT. Thier words show their evil hearts, hateful unChristian comments that are truly shocking.

When UT looses to anyone , my phone used to light up from Aggies talking crap. Once even a Women’s VB game I had no idea was going on.

No, no, no, no, no they are a distant memory like an appendectomy. Let them stay a memory.
    I wish them happiness, but please just go away.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  28. havoc7701

havoc7701 Sponsor and Aggy Ridiculer

I’m 43 and went to middle & high school in BCS. It took a nominal academic scholarship from UT’s far superior business school and moving from Bryan to Austin to de-indoctrinate me from dark maroon thoughts/dreams in the 1995 - 96 timeframe. I wholeheartedly agree that we should never schedule them in the regular season. All downside, no upside...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  29. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

That's Hornfans.com perception. Everybody else not so much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I’m not there yet. We’re about to cut them off of some of their recruiting. Why give them an inroad? Let them languish as 3rd runner up in the SEC Westfor the foreseeable Future. They just had their magical season and finished second and It’s not about to get better.

not that I’m opposed to playing them again altogether but they have not paid the price for their behavior yet.