aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Texanne, Jan 12, 2021.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

No, again you are having a hard time with comprehension today. You're normally not like that. I said it's like arguing with them trying to change an opinion on this.

So, I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about this. None of us have any say in it, anyway. The powers that be will decide.

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I suggest you study the behavior in Brazos County when all their departure was being considered. Act with dignity and class, weigh you options, and don't treat your would be benefactor like crap.

The Aggies were losing their *** to the tune of $20 million a year. They borrowed $20 million from the school for one year, but when the maturity date came, they had no money to pay it back. They behaved like four year olds because cousin Bob got the BB gun and the Aggies got a cap pistol. When Bob offered to share the BB gun 50/50, they threw a tantrum and stomped off.

They behaved in a classless, child-like manner, then spew their crap about our school. I have no interest at all in doing anything to benefit them.

I'm sorry you don't understand that, but grateful they limit it to athletics; perhaps because they know they will NEVER be a Tier One institution.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. horninchicago

Search my posts and find one where I call people aggie for disagreeing with me.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

4. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

And how has avoiding aggy on the football field hurt their program? They crossed into the $200 million athletic revenue in 2017. And are either slightly behind or ahead of us each year thereafter.

They are in a conference that is perceived as being superior. Their recruiting is typically listed as top 20, with recent classes being in the top 5. And they almost talked their way into the CFP this season.

I know you have inside knowledge that most posters don't have. So can you make a logical case that our isolationism in football is damaging their progress? Especially since we're already playing baseball and basketball against them?

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Major, you have seen the light! Congratulations.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Did I say we "damage their progress"? NO, YOU READ WHAT ISN'T THERE.

I said I have no interest in doing anything that benefits them, and I believe that they benefit far more than we do by winning the game. Let's talk apologies and then we might reconsider.

Now if TV wants the game for Thanksgiving and can negotiate something that benefit the two schools rather than the two conferences, you have an open discussion.

As for their "$200 million", "figures don't lie, but liars do figure". Funny money accounting rather than real accounting. Many ADs do that to cover their *** for the miserable job they are doing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

What are the odds the Aggy makes it to the $EC Championship Game before Jimbo's contract runs out? I wouldn't bet on it.

8. horninchicago

SEC perceived to be superior. A lot of people believe the Fake News, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

From 2012-2020 how many times would we have been favored? How many wins? Nine years isn't a snapshot in time.

10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The same as the odds on Nick Saban being in good health

11. horninchicago

Go on...

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Sabre?
    is Saban sick?

13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not that I know of, unless it's sick of not having enough space for all the trophies and awards

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. horninchicago

So what did you mean by this? Or just some of that Sabre Horn cloak and dagger stuff?

:fiestanana:

• Hot Hot x 1
  15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I don't think our objective was ever to "damage their progress". Why would that be our goal when we need to work very diligently on our own progress?

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

As long as Saban is coaching in Tuscaloosa, the chances of aTm making the SEC Championship game are slim and none.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sangre Naranjada

The odds of aggy getting in the SEC title game are directly related to Nick Saban's health.

In other words, they won't make it until Saban retires or dies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. horninchicago

Lol, that's true.

19. Sangre Naranjada

See? I interpeted Sabre correctly. Wassamatta wichoo guyz?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. horninchicago

Too much cheap licker tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Sangre Naranjada

Now that's an excuse I can believe!

• Like Like x 1
  22. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

You're asking why an institution would seek to weaken/stunt the growth of a competitor?

23. Sangre Naranjada

As opposed to working to improve our own program? Yes, I am asking. And by the way, they aren't a competitor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. horninchicago

Compete for recruits, that's it. They ran off to another conference. You're correct, we don't compete with them. Don't need to play to compete for the recruits.

25. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Neither did I, Chicago... some people read into posts what they want to...
    1. Never played college football and at 58- don’t plan to do why would I be scared?
    2. I’ve made it clear it’s the childish harassment from Aggies I’d rather avoid- that’s not Fear- that’s common sense —- because:
    When I see dog **** in the ground, I leave it. I’m not “scared” of it. I just don’t desire to deal with it.

• Like Like x 4
  26. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Hmm, so a major football program 90 miles away from campus, with first-class facilities, in a top-notch conference, sharing an intense and storied connection with our school, earning just as much (if not more) money as us, and who competes for many of the same recruits isn't a competitor.

Ok. I'm glad to see that you've set your emotions aside for this issue.

27. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

maybe aggy will rent space in their empty trophy case to Alabama.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

A lot of weird projection issues for this subject. So far, the reasons given for our aggy isolation policy (in football only) boil down to: 1) They were acting like aggy on the way out 2) I don't want to lose to aggy and 3) We shouldn't play people that we are "supposed" to beat.

This is not the foundation for good policy. It's emotion-driven. Not logic based.

29. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

If we're competing with someone for recruits, then they are a competitor.

30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

So, if a kid has an offer from Texas and from another school, that's makes Texas and Delta State "competitors"? Read the list of offers of the kids being recruited, and hopefully someone can explain to you that yours is the single most ridiculously ignorant post in the 20 years I've been reading posts here.

You have more than indicated that you are indeed a fan of the Brazos River Boys. That said, I encourage you to sit down with David or Ross and discuss the decision to move to the SEC, and have them explain to you why the decision to move was made while they had the AD touring Europe when they made the announcement. Nothing wrong with that, Mal Moore and Bobbie Witt had no clue that the boys had hired Saban to come to Tuscaloosa. The difference was that Alabama wasn't desperate for money.

• Like Like x 3