Agiye Arrested

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Aug 12, 2022.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

And yet, so many seem to be able to do it just fine AND get to their destination on time even if it means baking in time to walk an extra few blocks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

If that is true then he is less wise than someone who tries to resist the instructions of an officer whose gun is drawn.

Still think its likely there is more to the story but who knows

3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yes, and I reiterate, he was rightfully ticketed and then rightfully charged when he ratcheted things up by screwing around with the boot.

He needs to figure the parking thing out, or take the shuttle busses.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Would anyone here remove a boot?
    That’s rhetorical. No reply needed.

Add to the fact you were told to be good.

Kid needs to grow up,… kicked off the team ?? From the little knowledge I have I would say no, but you can’t let this continue or it will escalate to bigger issues

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Daughter got a slew of tickets during her tenure at college. Pissed me off no end, but in the end I paid them. Then, when later she showed me her predicament with their insane parking restrictions and where she got the tickets, I was sympathetic but still pissed. Btw, this was at Vanderbilt not UZt.

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

So clearing all the feathers away that have been flying around, is it fair to say that most of us would agree with "He's been on thin ice, he screwed up and he needs to be punished severely enough that he gets that this isn't fun and games anymore. He needs to grow up and take responsibility. But we don't seem to be to the kick him off the team stage yet."

I feel like this contradicts itself a little, maybe I'm misunderstanding this. You're saying you can't know whether or not he deserves to be kicked off, so you're voting that he should be kicked off?

7. Sangre Naranjada

That's a rather good description of where I land on this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Agree with Prod and SN
    AND Sark.

9. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

As I have said before, I’ve never been arrested for anything. But I was very hot headed at that age. So who knows? Seeing that thing on my tire, I would have blown a gasket, figuratively, of course.

Obviously this incident will not be judged on its own, but I would sure love to know if the campus gestapos were obsessive on this occasion. I’ll bet they were.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I agree with the first part.

No, what I am saying is if the head coach says he is gone but some here write that he deserves another chance, how do we know that? We have to trust the coach here. If he said, gosh, he's such an angel all the time, so this arrest is very out of character, and after internal discipline, he will be back, bless his heart.

Then, we would say, okay, he deserves another chance.

Hope that makes it more clear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Ya but- this forum is for people who know much more than the HC, OC, DC, Strength coach or AD.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thank you for recognizing the superior intelligence of the regulars on this site.

:beertoast:

• Hot Hot x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Actually, you sir are one of the few here, that do qualify.
    I do not.

• Hot Hot x 1
  14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

You misspelled HIC.

'Smatta withcu?

:fiestanana:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I was thinking about this well before you posted the comment.

So what does the average Joe on a board know, and what credentials does he or she have to question those being paid a fortune to “condition” the players?

Frankly, in the case of strength and conditioning, I think the average fan has every right to question. This, based on the very inconsistent results we have seen over the past 10 or 15 years. And heck, after last season, Sark himself questioned how they were conditioning the players. So IMO this area merits scrutiny from all corners, until the product on the field proves otherwise.

16. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

there are certain people who may or may not post on here (though they did back in the day). and they know that they didn't used to put a boot on your car, they just let the fees build up then they'd come to your play of residence, and they'd get you out of bed, and they'd drive you back to their office an you'd pay.

17. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The boot is relatively recent in its usage ANYWHERE in the State. And, now that a certain segment has tried to make it almost impossible to have law enforcement pull people over for a registration violation, that makes putting a hold on vehicle renewals utterly useless. So, the best way to get a scofflaw's attention IS to place a boot on the vehicle.

After all, I doubt most of the football players care if a hold is placed on their grades and they cannot get their diploma...

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  18. TexanNexile

TexanNexile Born and raised in Texas-now exiled to Arkansas

A little late to the party, but maybe this idea will help the guy if faced with the problem again....
    tire.jpg

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  19. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I suspect that is precisely why they went to the full-face boots that cover the lug nuts.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

There's a forum for political commentary, maybe you've heard of it

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Oh man..NRs been reading his "How to Win Friends and Influence People" again

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

It isn't political commentary, but I made a change to assuage some around here...

23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Driver?
    Which posts in here did you think were political?

24. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

The one I quoted above about "the left"

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Fair enough.
    I scrolled back a few pages but maybe missed any references to the left.
    Which page is it on?

26. Sangre Naranjada

Stop playing detective. mb edited her comment so you aren't going to find the reference.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mb always separates sports from politics very nicely
    So it is a mute point. :yes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Moot even...idoit. I'm uphauled.

29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Ah mb
    I never thought you would go for the juggler.

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. Sangre Naranjada

I noticed that too, but I was so embarrassed for 6721 I chose not to say anything, like if he came out of the bathroom festooned with a 4 foot toilet paper streamer stuck to his shoe..

• Funny Funny x 1