Ags welcome their new SEC family

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by YearOfTheSteer, Jul 3, 2012.

1. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

2. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I wonder what is for lunch today?

3. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

4. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

I'm only off work for the 4th, no big plans for 1 day, probably just sleep in.

5. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

I have to work on the 4th but maybe I'll still fire up the grill.

6. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

a&m will be mediocre, imo, during their stay in the SEC. They will probalby win a game they shouldn't, and lose a few games they should. Overall, the quality of their football program may improve. But relatively speaking, they won't amount to much more than a middle-of-the-road school in the SEC in terms of football quality.

How many years will aggy accept that?

I'm also interested in seeing how the other SEC schools accept/tolerate a&m's "tradition" (which is little more than hypocrisy because when it came to turning tail and running from the Big XII all of a sudden tradition went out the window). My opinion is that the other Texas schools were more amused at the strange "traditions" of a&m, like normal people are amused by the tics and quirks of their strange cousins at the family reunion, than repulsed. I doubt the SEC schools will be as charitable.

Also, I find many of the SEC schools to be slimeballs. a&m has attempted, not always successfully, to maintain a higher-than-average moral banner. They now seem to be lying down with the wolves.

7. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

I'm hoping that "Poor Aggies" becomes a popular chant in the SEC. That'll put a quick end to the Ags' dreams of a new place where they aren't treated like Aggies anymore.

8. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

9. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Am I the only dude who had no clue Anderson Cooper was gay?
    Not not there is anything wrong with that.

10. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

i didn't know about AC, either. i told my wife yesterday and she was like, "duh". i like AC though except for the ridiculist which is as stupid as pinheads and patriots.

aggy is a perfect fit for the deep south. they are all very like minded about certain things and while the SEC will eventually hate both aggy and missouri for diluting their confernce / bringing them back to the pack in the short run i expect them all to enjoy the novelty of it all. the SEC made a huge mistake taking the two schools they did - 2 teams that were largely not competitive in the Big 12 - when they could have had more regionally appropriate schools with a broader national appeal. oh well, it's going to be funny when the conference dominance falters. what will the SEC fans undoubtedly point to? it all started going downhill when aggy and missouri were admitted. then they will be more hated than they ever were at any time.

11. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

13. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

Why do you guys care?

14. LonghornCatholic

15. geezerhorn

geezerhorn 1,000+ Posts

16. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

[​IMG] at posting this on Hornfans

17. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Anderson Cooper looks like he should be an aggy cheerleader.

18. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I hope everybody is safe on the roadways this mid-week holiday. No matter how long you travel you just never know what is around the corner or bend for you so stay alert and have a safe time.

May your bbq be juicy and your beverages cold.

19. majorwhiteapples

I heard Fat Joe left Atlantic Records, can anyone confirm?

20. LonghornCatholic

I can only confirm.............he still fat.

21. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

The "us-against-them" mentality of the SEC really reverberates with aggy. Too bad they think the SEC actually wanted THEM, and not just television sets and a toehold in Texas recruiting.

22. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Anybody know how long I should grill my steaks and chicken tomorrow so that they're just right and not burned? Oh, and what potato salad goes best with grilled steaks and chicken?...and while I'm thinking about it, who is this "aggy" some of you are talking about???

23. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

aggy has left the building.... now for more important stuff.

cool - depending on your grill temp & thickness of your beef and chicken - ~ 20 minutes. Best potato salad? Are you cooking veggies too?

In the evening on the 4th I will be sipping some Jim Beam while grilling some very nice rib-eyes that I have had marinating for about 48 hours - in a gormet teriyaki sauce I buy off the shelf that Kikkoman makes. You should try it - I use it on steaks, chicken and chops. Yum!

24. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

Jim Beam might taste better.

25. majorwhiteapples

I am not into Jim's Bean, sorry.

Jim Beam sounds good though!!

26. WorsterMan

Beam induced typo....

I don't want a full frontal lobotomy but I do want a full bottle in-front-of-me.

27. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Aggy’s enthusiastic embrace of their “SEC family” smells a lot like the jilted girlfriend or ex-wife on the rebound. Emotionally distraught over a faded relationship with her in-state daddy figure, she is quick to jump into the arms of a new beau, any beau—where she is likely to find only a continued neglect of her emotional needs and fragile self-esteem.

A few years from now someone will spot her slipping quietly out of a Tuscaloosa La Quinta, her makeup smeared, hair in shambles, cheap stockings torn and a heel missing from her Payless pumps—she looks over her shoulder, a plaintive mumble can barely be heard of how things with Texas really weren’t so bad, you know, if you think about it. I mean, we had some good times.

28. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

i really struggle with making steaks well on the grill. seems like they always end up overdone.

also, i have a bottle of woodford reserve that i've been sipping on but lately i've found that i get headaches the next morning from a single glass...something that never happened when i drank makers 46. definitely getting another bottle of makers once i finish this bottle of woodford.

29. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

30. WorsterMan

"A few years from now someone will spot her slipping quietly out of a Tuscaloosa La Quinta, her makeup smeared, hair in shambles, cheap stockings torn and a heel missing from her Payless pumps—she looks over her shoulder, a plaintive mumble can barely be heard of how things with Texas really weren’t so bad, you know, if you think about it. I mean, we had some good times."

Classic! That is pretty much how it will go down... you should write novels! [​IMG]