Ahmad Aubery Trial

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

One can always be out-hacked. Richard Spencer would make Alex Jones look like Walter Cronkite.

2. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

Good article which shows the jogging path of Ahmaud and the others. Also, a video of some of the testimony. I wrote earlier that they chased him around the block. It appears Ahmad turned around at least twice trying to get away while the McMichaels circled the block to cut him off.

Ahmaud Arbery jogging path through neighborhood | 11alive.com

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Life in prison.

4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Well deserved no different than any other murderer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Glad to hear you would support life in prison for Michael Byrd.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Sentenced after conviction by a mostly white jury in Georgia. Americans may have an imperfect sense of justice, but anyone who can't see racial progress hasn't watched any made for TV movies set in the Old South prior to 1975... or maybe lived there like I did.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

If Aubrey had been breaking through the glass of their front door or sidelite at the time of the shooting instead of trying to get away that would be a valid comparison ... otherwise it would only make sense FOX or NEWSMAX world...

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not surprising given the evidence.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I agree with you on Aubrey but this death was unnecessary as well. All Byrd had to do was pull her down out of the window. Trying to defend her shooting is absurd.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

While you're right, I will also point out that had the one dumb *** not video recorded said murder they would have never even been charged, let alone convicted. He's a special kind of stupid. He should have to be the other two's man servant in prison.

11. Seattle Husker

Nice try. Michael Byrd acted in the line of duty. If he were charged and found guilty of a crime by a jury I'd say "sure". As of yet, he has not as opposed to these individuals.

12. Seattle Husker

He's the only one that has the option of parole. He's also the only one that showed remorse in the immediate aftermath of the shooting per the judge.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I also think the police had the video and nothing happened until the video was released. It’s been a while so the details are a little foggy.

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I haven't commented much on the Babbitt shooting, because the reality is that there isn't enough information known to the public to evaluate it. Obviously, it has become a very politicized case, so I don't put a lot of weight on or assume very much based the decision not to charge Byrd. The Babbitt family has brought a civil lawsuit. I'm sure more information will become known as that gets litigated.

However, it's also important to know that the standard to support a civil judgment against the department isn't the same as the standard to support a criminal conviction. It's not at all implausible or unreasonable for the government not to charge Byrd (even without any political funny business involved in the decision) in the criminal context but also to settle with the Babbitt family. In fact, that's probably the most likely outcome. That sort of thing happens all the time.

15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The OJ case is the best example of that.

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Of course, OJ didn't settle, but I get your point. By the way, I read up on the theory that OJ didn't do it but that his son did and that he covered for him. It's actually not a crazy theory. In fact, it seems at least plausible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The fact they are not investigating the Babbit death is suspicious at best. But that’s the democrat party.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Just imagine if the reverse happened and Trump won the election. If we had BLM storming the capital in protest and an unarmed black woman was shot do you think this would have been handled the same? Hell no it wouldn't.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

By the way, I don’t have much sympathy for people who get hurt or killed knowingly breaking the law. Aubrey included.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't deny that. She'd be treated like Jacob Blake or Sandra Bland, and the media portrayal of her would be wildly different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

I considered that theory and it is plausible, although after OJ pulled his Vegas stunt I think he is likely guilty. I actually think OJ may have CTE.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Have they figured a way to check for CTE on the living yet?

23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yes, there was a device that could detect it in the living, but the patent is owned by MD Anderson, ***** extraordinaire for GE. GE bought the manufacturing company and put them out of business because neither GE nor Seimans can make a comparable machine.

FWIW, the machine can also detect Parkinsons and Alzheimer's before it is diagnosed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

What law did he break?

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The case can be made that he was a trespasser and maybe a petty thief, but rarely is the death penalty imposed for offenses like that.

26. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

He was consistently stealing from the new construction. Aubrey was not the angel portrayed by the MSM. Do a little research outside of CNN.

27. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I agree, but they didn’t just drive up and shoot him. He made the decision to attack a guy with a shotgun who was trying to detain him. It’s the day two idiots met. The result was bad for both. I don’t feel sorry for any of them.

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Two things. First, he had no duty to go with them. If some jackass walked up to you and said, "hey boy, come with us," would you think you were obligated to go? Second, if someone acting crazy pulls a gun on you, do you have no right to fight back or resist? I think you do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  29. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

1) Aubrey knew he was caught. He made a choice.
    2) He made a decision to attack. My guess is that if he stopped and held his hands up until the police showed up, he would still be alive today. Again, I’m not excusing the three that killed him.

30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It appears that you are.

Also, was he charged with any of these crimes for which you seem to be ok with him be executed over?