Alabama scumbags

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Hookem123, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

A group of electrical workers from Alabama were sent to New York to help out in the effort of getting their lights back on. Local unions were having none of it and had the nonunion Alabama boys sent home.

Smart, very smart, but the big apple is still in the dark, in more than one way.

This is who so many of you want running the country?

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Doesn't sound like an Obama issue.

3. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

really? is that what happened?

got a link?

4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Here you go.
    The Link

I am confident this is happened given the state, the power of the unions and the corruption added to the union's partnership with organized crime.

Obama's best friends....

5. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

as I suspected, you were a little loose with the "facts".

Like, you got the wrong ******* state!

6. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

New Jersey rather than New York. Debunked, it never happened. Somethings never change. Why not answer the question? Is this the people you want running the country?

No you're not a union member, you can't help us get electricity to people effected by this storm. The temperature is dropping, and folks are going to freeze but you scumbags go home. You scumbags are effecting our wages.

These are Obama people, no doubt union people are Obama people telling others to go home and allow people to freeze to death. Obama got his photo with Chris Christie, but where is he now? No one is freezing to death in Las Vegas. Guess he left his union folks in charge.

7. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

keep looking. your factual errors weren't just you incorrectly naming the state.

hint: if you quit parroting Hannity, you'll get smarter really quickly.

8. Leftwith

Leftwith 500+ Posts

9. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

There are dozens upon dozens of non-union crews working side-by-side with union crews to get the power back on in New Jersey. One crew got a little confused about some paperwork, and the conservative media went berzerk. Its probably just a coincidence that the election is 4 days away.

Now if one of those crews could just find its way to my neighborhood....

10. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

11. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Or, this just isn't true.

Bottom line, it appears now that Decatur Utilities wrongly assumed they would have to agree to the union contract before traveling to New Jersey to help with recovery efforts. The IBEW said in times of crisis, help is welcomed from union and non-union utility workers.

Hardin said as they waited for confirmation on the documents, crews received word that Seaside Heights had received the assistance they needed from other sources.

Check your facts first.

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Labor unions are a growing cancer, particularly public labor unions. They stifle American values, like personal accountability.

Yeah, we all read "The Jungle" and know that unions kept companies from abusing their employees a hundred years ago, but now they've out lived their usefulness.

And who can forget Obama's NLRB trying to keep Boeing from building a factory in right-to-work state South Carolina?

15. HornCyclist

HornCyclist 500+ Posts

A good portion of the opportunities in my life came because my dad with a high school education worked his *** off to get a union job and then worked his *** off in that job. It also gave my mother the flexibility to go to college, the first in our family and guaranteed us good health insurance. Collective bargaining for better wages and benefits creates alot of opportunities for advancement that otherwise wouldnt be there.

16. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

17. HornCyclist

HornCyclist 500+ Posts

I can thankk a growing cancer for the opportunities I've had then. What does that make me? Why not recognize the positive effects of unions too? It'd be fine to talk about the labor market effects but instead you call it a cancer. Seeing how unions work firsthand I see none of the deionized mess you see.
    sorry for the excessive typos. im typing from.a phone.

18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Unions used to be a good thing. I can grant you that. However, now the pendulum, particularly for public sector unions, has swung WAYYY too far in their favor. When cities and counties (and soon to be states) are going bankrupt because they cannot pay for outlandish retirement benefits and healthcare costs for retired unionistas, then I, the taxpayer who ultimately has to foot the bill, say "enough". It's time to break them up.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

20. HornCyclist

HornCyclist 500+ Posts

i don't have as strong opinion on public sector unions and think teachers unions are standing in the way of a lot ofvreforms that would help kids. But even then I can see value in unions...and I especially don't like lumping them all together.

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

22. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

Can anyone give me ANY reason(s) for the existance of Public Sector Unions? ANY?

[​IMG]

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Oh Big will?
    Big will
    You asked
    "really? is that what happened?

got a link? '

and then pretended to discount the entire story because the OP got the state wrong
    Then 100p chimes in and says it never happened

so what does this letter from IBEW to Florida Utilities demanding payment be made to the " union of the appropriate market mean?
    Anyone Anyone Beuller?
    copy of letter at linkThe Link

These unions clearly cared more for their rules than for the people who needed power restored.
    The NON union people travelled thousands of miles( generally from the redneck ignorant South) to help the people affected in NY and NJ and never once asked for extra money but the greedy Dem unions asked.

25. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

6721, from your link, it appears it wasn't an isolated incident:

26. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Who wants New York unionized electrical workers to run the country? [​IMG]

27. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts