ALCS: HOU v NYY - Game 2

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Dionysus, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

If Verlander is on he will be hard to beat. Let’s go Astros!

alcs-game1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Yankee fans love Altuve

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Altuve didn’t swing at every pitch, color me surprised

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Somebody get in here

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

This thread seemed like a good idea at the time

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Good game, tied 1-1 with both teams having squandered opportunities. Verlander with higher pitch count, so who relieves him?

7. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

I don't know - I'm but a casual baseball fan, but my remembrance is most if not all times he's been pitching in big games, he's done poorly and gotten bounced out early. I think against Seattle he dug himself into an 0-4 hole, and the Astros were saved via lots of hitting later.

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

DAMN! Bases loaded, one out, & Tucker (batting 448 with bases loaded) hits into a double play. Astros have stranded seven in five innings.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Busy night for families with kids.

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Announcers said this was likely the critical play of the game.

11. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I guess so

12. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I’ll be on tonight if you start a game 2 thread.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I’ll bring cold beers too! Let’s do this!

14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Where is my beer? Good start for Valdez.

15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The roof decision by the commissioner is unfair. Each team should decide their own home field conditions.

16. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I wish to see Yankee spirit violently crushed tonight

Leave them without hope

• Like Like x 3
  17. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I’m not even a fan during the regular season but it’s interesting to me now and more fun so go Astros

• Like Like x 1
  18. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Bregman!

19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Bregman 3-run dinger!

• Like Like x 1
  20. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

This thread sucks. I’m reporting it to the moderator.

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

This post feels like an aggressive personal attack. I'm reporting it to the moderator.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Clicked on this thread about game 2 and the first post is about Verlander starting....

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

As to Game 2...I am cautiously optimistic that the ball that Altuve stung is him getting close to the breakthrough. It was a DP, but that ball was hammered.

He is just waiting to go home...he owns Yankee Stadium and is just waiting to show his adoring fans what a wonderful landlord he is :fiestanana:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Yeah maybe a new thread would have been better but we were living dangerously at the time

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I always love to see the Yankees get swept. That it was the Astros doing the honors is just an additional bonus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

A complete ALCS thread would have made a lot of sense. I'll look for your World Series thread. :) My first comment will be, "Ugh not another random NL East opponent."

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Meh...at least we can say we have unfinished business with Philly...

Yeah, I am still a little swole over 1980.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

I'm very gruntled with how the postseason has gone so far.

I picked up good seats for game 4 (second deck about 1/3 of the way up the third base line, 18th row, $300+ face value) for $79 on Seat Geek. I could've gotten better seats for just over $100, but I knew it was going to rain so I picked the best available seats that were under cover. It may have been a soft decision, but it was a dry one.

I went with a friend and his son. They are huge Yankee fans but were gracious enough to stay through the trophy ceremony. It was quite the scene as most of the Astros fans from around the stadium moved down to the 100 level and staged an impromptu party. I don't think I've ever high fived so many strangers in a single half hour. I didn't get home until almost 3:00, so my Monday wasn't very productive.

And now, as a bonus, we get Philly in the World Series. Most of my friends up here are either Yankees fans or Phillies fans, so having bragging rights over both would be allsome.

Plus, if Houston can build another big lead, maybe I can pick up cheap seats for games 4 and/or 5. That would be the icing on the cake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  29. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I watched Facing Nolan last night. Ryan said that series (game 5) was the toughest loss of his career.

30. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The SOLE consolation from last night is that in 1980, the Astros lost Game 1 and then came back to get Games 2 and 3 in extra innings. And when it comes to World Series of late, the Astros are doing better on the road than at home. They are something like 3-8 at home in the past few Series...

So...if they can get the next two, that still leaves two more on the road in PHL...

• Like Like x 1