'Alfredo', long time LH BBSer, has passed away....

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by stabone, Mar 1, 2004.

1. LonghornGirlie

LonghornGirlie 500+ Posts

ervices for Alfred Koenig have been set for 1 p.m., Friday March 5, 2004 at George H. Lewis Funeral Home on Bering Drive in Houston, Texas.

Please keep "Alfredo" and his family in your thoughts and prayers, and if you can come celebrate the life of this fine outdoorsman, dedicated Longhorn, and first class human being with his family this Friday... please do so.

There are others on this board much closer to Alfred than I (to the person fetching grass from Memorial Stadium, you've a heart of gold...thanks!). However, I did not want to miss the opportunity to say "goodbye" and I called his nephew when I came home from work today.

Alfred epitomized this community and he was a cornerstone of the old TexasBBS. He was an orangeblood through and through, and his thoughts and opinions were valued ones. He will be sorely missed.

2. stockjock

stockjock 250+ Posts

3. sua sponte

sua sponte 100+ Posts

sad , very sad[​IMG]

4. Quadry

Quadry 250+ Posts

My thoughts with the family.[​IMG]

5. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

SL X, reading your post brought back a flood of memories from the old days. I was mainly a lurker back then, but I still felt like I knew your dad, Alfredo, JudgeRoyBeanBag, HairyScotsman, MegaDittos and the others. Alfredo, like your dad, will be truly missed here, especially by those who were on the old TexasBBS back in the mid-90's.

Rest in Peace, Alfredo!
    [​IMG]

6. lonestar12

lonestar12 25+ Posts

Had to post. As many have already said, Alfredo was one of the good guys from the 'old days' on GoBig12.

Taken way too soon.

God speed, Sir.

7. shorty

shorty 250+ Posts

SL Xpress, your post evoked memories that unleased a shameless flood of tears. First an immediate family member, then your dear dad, and now we have lost our dear friend Alfredo. In addition to his football posts, I enjoyed him sharing his hunting stories, fishing stories, and stories about his dog. Alfred was always a gentleman. I am sorry I never met him in person.

8. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts

Only 44, way too early. Sorry to hear the news. My uncle taught math at St. Thomas many years ago. I bet he remembers him.

9. UTROCK

UTROCK < 25 Posts

Alfred will be dearly missed. I have known him for over thirty years, since junior high. We went to UT and law school together. We fished and duck hunted together. I am stunned. God speed Alfred, and I will catch up to you pal where the surf is always ice cream and the ducks are always bull sprigs.

10. gfunkhorn

gfunkhorn < 25 Posts

My condolences. Prayers to the family.

11. utvol

utvol < 25 Posts

Hhe furneral ceremony was well attended by some of the old bb stalwarts.

A good send off for a great Longhorn..

12. 2xHORN

2xHORN 100+ Posts

Didnt have the pleasure of knowing Alfred. Sounds like my loss.

Godspeed to Al and his family. And HOOKEM.

13. horns81

horns81 < 25 Posts

RIP and know you are in a much happier place.

[​IMG]

14. AndrewfromUTLaw

AndrewfromUTLaw < 25 Posts

"Alfredo", who some of you might remember from the old AAS 360 BBS, passed away yesterday at age 44.

Once when I was looking for a new job, he gave me some help and offered encouraging words. I will never forget his kindness to a fellow Longhorn lawyer, and his sense of humor.

He was a good man, and a proud longhorn.

Godspeed, 'fredo.

Hopefully, this link, with a picture and some more information, will still work.

refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213508

15. drborange

drborange 500+ Posts

My thoughts and prayers to family and friends.
    Although I did not know him, the preceeding posts made him real and make me sad that he is gone way too soon. God Bless.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In a life there are situations when anything except for thacher cannot help.
    In other case don't worry!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

[​IMG] prayers extended [​IMG]

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

21. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest