"All eyes are on Texas, Our eyes are on you"

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Handler, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

How did you read this from CDC when he introduced Sark? At first I thought it was a bold statement towards the Eyes of Texas but then started thinking he might be warming everyone up for the new EoT we will be forced to eat. Anyone else catch that or is just the offseason?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

I may be tied to the University due to degrees etc, but am not tied to the sports teams other than bleeding burnt orange for 60+ years. I'll not eat any of that ********. I will find new sports teams to support.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I've read many things on this board regarding this issue. It pains me to say it, but I don't know how they put the EOT genie back in the bottle. Perfect storm, Herman got canned because of it, but covid made all of it more possible. If there'd been 100,000 diehards in the stands, and after the game the team pulled that bs, the next home game they'd get booed as they ran out on the field, booed when they didn't stand for they Eyes (if they're out there during the Eyes pregame), and would get booed after the game if they ran off the field without acknowledging the song. But now it's been a whole season of it, and I'm not certain what covid will look like in September even with vaccines. Governments (local and state) are going to be pretty hesitant to just say "go for it, 100% attendance, let's go!"......so there could be another season of "no resistance. Guess we'll find out in the summer. I think it should be something Sarkasian and Texas need to firmly acknowledge (or denounce) publicly, so that the team's intentions are known. I know, not gonna happen....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Someone else said it best. Sark tells the team we will honor the traditions of this university as a team. If you feel like you don't want to do that you can leave. Maybe some leave, maybe not, but in the end they are all on the same page. Herman couldn't do it because he was the idiot who let it all happen and encouraged the divisiveness. New coach, New rules.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Vol, I realllly hope that happens....just not optimistic. BMD's might be conservative, but UT is, well, "Russian"....

6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'm not sure what will actually happen, but I guarantee the issue will rear its ugly head within 72 hours of Sark being on campus. He'll have to address it quickly one way or another.

7. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

The preverbial fork in the road. Stand with tradition and provide some kind of leadership or waffle like mensa boy and start the leaking of the dam. If you lose players because the coach takes a stand with tradition and "riding for the brand" then you are better off. Go get guys who want to play football and coach them up. Never look back on a cancer that was on your team.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Spot on!

9. utxhorns32

utxhorns32 100+ Posts

I have to believe it was addressed in the job negotiations. They all have to be on the same page whatever that page is. The BMD's that put up the buyout aren't gonna settle for the same results, PLEASE.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Agree
    This has to have been discussed at length and a strategy for how to address it in the days to come

11. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

If not CDC is next gone