All of the Titans bandwagoning is ridiculous

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LONGHORNman, Dec 5, 2006.

1. LONGHORNman

LONGHORNman 25+ Posts

I target this post specifically at former Oilers fans, and former or current Texans fans who now actually root for the Titans...

WTF?

Has everyone forgotten who owns the Titans? I grew up a huge Oilers fan and it still hurts that they left Houston. Has everyone else really forgiven and forgotten? (And yes I am aware of the particulars of the move including the politcs and personality clashes involved. I still despise Adams.)

Oh yes the coach of the Texans is a dreaded aggy, right. Well god forbid someone like a oh I don't know say a former OU All-American DB ever coach at UT that would be blasphemy.

I know I know Vince, Scaife and Ahmard yeah yeah. Why not pull for the Bears? They are 10-2 and have clinched their division. What Cedric and Vasher are less Longhorns than Vince? Ced stayed his 4th year... What happened to the "Detroit Longhorns" I guess everyone has jumped off of that bandwagon as Detroit sinks to the NFL cellar. Roy Williams (another 4 year Longhorn) and company no longer meet with your approval? Why not pull for the team playing the best ball in the league right now the Chargers? Jammer isn't worthy of your affection? Why not root for Tampa Bay? Simms is a guy who went against his father's wishes and changed his commitment (this from the most sought after recruit that year) because he feel in love with the 40 Acres. And on and on.

I was as heartbroken as anyone that Houston didn't draft Vince I think it was a catastrophic mistake, but you gotta move on eventually.
    So no I don't pull for the Titans to ever win a football game. I love Vince, he is probably my favorite NFL player, It's a shame though that he plays for a franchise I can never root for to win a single game. I genuinely hope he plays very well, has a great career and makes ungodly amounts of green. But the Titans actually winning games, actually pulling for them against the hometown team...Never.

No way not for BUD freakin ADAMS never ever. This is the guy saw to it that the NFL retire the Oilers name and logo forever. Completely screwing all those who had pulled for the Oilers, many who had done so their entire lives, out of ever seeing them return to Houston. He did this because he had named the franchise for his father supposedly. I wonder if gave a moment's thought to all of the fathers and sons who had been to Oilers games together all of those years. I doubt it.

So screw the Titans they are a horrible franchise historically and Vince is not "better off" there in any respect.

Surely I can't be the only one, who else will be pulling for the Texans Sunday?

PS The Texans will win Sunday crushing this little movement anyway. heh

2. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable 250+ Posts

3. TrashMaster G

TrashMaster G 250+ Posts

4. facemask

facemask < 25 Posts

My &#60;3 for VY &#62; my h8 for Bud Adams

5. Steinbeckford

Steinbeckford 25+ Posts

I don't pull for teams based on owners. Sorry.

You know that line from Jerry MacGuire? "You had me at hello." Well, the Titans had me at VY.

Prior to this year I didn't really care to much about the NFL at all. Watching someone like #10 can change all that. Houston had every chance in the world to win over an entire state, but they ****** it up.

Now what I don't get are posts like yours. How could any Longhorn fan not pull for VY? To that I say, WTF?

*Edit... I just actually read more than the first two sentences of your post and encountered this gem: "PS The Texans will win Sunday crushing this little movement anyway."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! You'll see burnt orange in the stands Sunday. Even if the Titans find some way to lose, "this little movement" will not be crushed, done away with, or dismissed. It will only grow stronger. You should prepare yourself for that.

6. TigOl'Bitties

TigOl'Bitties 25+ Posts

LonghornMan:

I really don't care what you think. The Texans blow big rhino cock and the Titans have my favorite football player ever. So, if you want to, say its rediculous. I would have totally been a huge Texans if they had drafted Vince instead of Mario Williams, but no. They turned their backs on an entire state of potential fans who would loved to be able to watch their favorite player continue his success with the Texans , his hometown team. So f**k the Texans, I hope they lose every game and what the butt fuckings they get every week are deserved. Your Texans are the joke of American professional sports and will be until they clean out their management. Until then, f**k the Texans. Go Titans and VY!!!!

7. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

I rooted against the Titans in their Superbowl. I'll root for them to win one with Vince.

At least Bud Adams had enough sense to draft Earl Campbell.

8. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

9. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Was Bud Adams that bad?

Btw, is it ok that I'm a fan of:

Dallas Cowboys
    Houston Texans
    & Tennessee Titans

10. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

In reply to:

11. UofTOrange

UofTOrange 250+ Posts

12. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

Echo above sentiments of those not caring who the owner of the team is.

I was always a Cowboy fan first with the Oilers a close second. It did not bother me when they left Houston and I pulled for the Titans from the beginning.

But when you pass on a hometown legend who also was the best college football player these 51 year old eyes have ever seen with an opportunity to supplant or at least get on equal footing with the state of Texas' favorite professional team al at the same time and you blow it.

You are on my **** list for life.
    I will never pull for the Texans.
    Ever.

13. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

I yearn for they day the Houston Texan football program ceases to exist and no longer disgraces the name "Texan."

14. KingBobo81

KingBobo81 250+ Posts

Vince rules. Go Titans. That is all.

15. houstonearlers

houstonearlers 100+ Posts

My grandmother owns a small minority interest in the Texans. I will be wearing burnt orange and pulling for VY and the Titans to destroy dump-off Dave and the Texans.

16. GHOST HORN

GHOST HORN 100+ Posts

I hate bob mcnair for not drafting Vince Young. (i don't really hate him, just think he was stupid to listen to a rookie head coach and casserly who already had a record of screwing up)

i would have been a texans season ticket holder, now I am a Titans Fan and will be at this game in burnt orange.

i grew up in SA and never really loved the oilers, been in houston since 2000 and became a fair weather texans fan, but come this sunday, a TRUE TEXAN will be wearing #10 for the Titans.

you know it has to be about the love of VY , i mean the titans started off 0-5. hometown hero should have been a heisman winner and hometown team #1 pick. so yes, i have a chip on my shoulder about the sorry *** texans.

i paid a crapload of money to see the VERY 1st Texans game and have been to about 10 or so in the past 5 yrs.

17. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

I love Bud Adams. I hated the ******* Oilers.

18. LONGHORNman

LONGHORNman 25+ Posts

Most of you are ignoring my opening:

"I target this post specifically at former Oilers fans, and former or current Texans fans who now actually root for the Titans..."

But other than that I am getting the feeling that I am in an even smaller minority than I had guessed.

[​IMG]

19. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

"So screw the Titans they are a horrible franchise historically and Vince is not "better off" there in any respect.

Surely I can't be the only one, who else will be pulling for the Texans Sunday?

PS The Texans will win Sunday crushing this little movement anyway. heh"

DUDE! I think you need to lay the crack pipe down. Have you even watched the Titans this year? Oh yeah... that's right... you can't. Well let me tell you something... they are doing a HELL OF A LOT BETTER than your precious Texans, which by the way are the stink of the NFL. THEY SUCK!!! They will also LOSE on Sunday against Vince and Co. I think YOU are probably one of the only ones rooting for the Texans, and good for you! That sorry *** franchise needs some fans. I have ALWAYS been a fan of the NFL, preferably the Cowboys and the Titans. I have followed the Cowboys from day 1, and the Titans when they moved. Vince going there was one of the best things for that franchise, and obviously the Texans will realize that AGAIN once they get their asses handed to them, just this next time will be much better because Vince will be in his hometown to do so! I can't wait!!!

20. Bottlecap

Bottlecap 250+ Posts

great thread

21. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Die Hard Oilers fan here.

Well, I was.

22. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

I got rid of my Texans paraphernalia. No Vince, no me. You have to understand, it wasn't just as simple as them passing on a Longhorn in the draft. This should be obvious when we look to the fact that everyone did not disown the Texans the year before when they passed on DJ for...who? (and that's a whole other issue. [​IMG] )

Vince Young encompassed so many things. It was the final straw for the Texans. One too many mistakes. The Texans basically said, "Screw you, Houston. We don't care what you want. It's not about the fans and selling tickets. We know what we're doing. We have a brilliant aggy running the show on the field now, and we're going to stick with the ever-so-proven David Carr."

The Titans took that one element that we loved and desired so much. So, it wasn't that difficult, as previous Oilers fans, to take them on as our team again. And, btw, have you seen this Vince Young guy?

23. OT Special

OT Special 25+ Posts

24. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

I know you didn't post this at me since I grew up in Austin and:

1. I never liked the Oilers
    2. Don't like the NFL very much

But if the Texans ever had a chance at me being a fan it went through the door with them passing on VY.

I like VY and and am not afraid to admit being on the BW.

25. LONGHORNman

LONGHORNman 25+ Posts

If you hated Houston, the Oilers, the Texans or Houston pro sports in general from the beginning fine, more power to ya. I have no quarrel with you.

It's the traitorous Houstonians or former Oilers fans or those that were/are Texans fans or would be Texans fans that are now cheering for Bud Adams' Titans or will be cheering for them Sunday I can't abide.

26. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

27. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

I was a huge Oilers fan. They are gone. The Texans are not the Oilers. Go Vince! Go Titans!

28. numbereleven

numbereleven 250+ Posts

I was a Texans fan from day one, before they were even named the Texans. I dumped them last draft day because my favorite player, a native Houstonian, was passed over. I had no allegiance to any team for exactly two picks, when Tennessee drafted Vince and, in doing so, got my loyalty for no extra charge.

If you root against VY, you are bound to be disappointed for years to come. I'm just saying.

29. houstonearlers

houstonearlers 100+ Posts

30. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

in response to.."Titans are a poor franchise historically." well, they have been to a superbowl and lost by a yard. Carr is incapable of leading a ***** to bed, much less the Texans to the playoffs and never will. BTW, in my opinion, there are no true Texans fans, the team has not been around long enough to for anyone to truly care..i'll bet if they left nobody would shed a tear, unlike when the oilers left and generations had grown up watching and rooting for them.