All of the Titans bandwagoning is ridiculous

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LONGHORNman, Dec 5, 2006.

1. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

Yep. The Oilers ownership that drafted Earl Campbell would have (and did) draft Vince Young. The Texans ownership that drafted David Carr and Dave Ragone did not.

2. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

3. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

I don't think too many people will argue with the fact that Bud Adams is a jerk. In fact, Vince being picked by Bud was pretty much my worst nightmare (short of him going to Dallas). Then again, Vince to the former Oilers was only made possible by the Texans. They held all the cards, and then dropped them. Idoits.

4. Caphorn

Caphorn < 25 Posts

One thing about Bud - he hired good people.

Then fired them.

He's a different guy now and I love that he's stuck with Fisher.

5. DNSLHorn

DNSLHorn 25+ Posts

6. 13evO

13evO 500+ Posts

7. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

8. TigOl'Bitties

TigOl'Bitties 25+ Posts

Wait a minute wait a minute......

Houston has a pro football team?????

9. SouthAfricanHorn

SouthAfricanHorn 250+ Posts

[​IMG]

Go Cowboys. Go Vince.

[​IMG]

10. H. Christensen

H. Christensen < 25 Posts

i have hated the cowboys ever since they hired barry switzer. since that time, they have been my least favorite team in the nfl. before that, they were my favorite team.

had they found a way to snag vince young in the draft, i would have forgotten all about that **** with switzer, and i would have been back on the bandwagon immediately. as it is, they are still my least favorite team.

11. SouthAfricanHorn

SouthAfricanHorn 250+ Posts

12. h0rnfan4life

h0rnfan4life 25+ Posts

So many posters have summarized exactly how I feel about this.

The Texans have given me absolutely no reason to cheer from them. I have no alliance to them whatsoever, especially growing up in Austin.

Followed the Oilers to Tennessee - rooted for Fisher, Eddie George, and McNair.. So I've always had at least a semi-interest to the Titans.

Was about to be a HUGE Texans fan.... until ... Well you all know.

They simply had the opportunity and for whatever reason (Maybe they talked to Hoge) - They passed. And I wouldn't care if the Texans go to the SuperBowl the next 10 years... They will never be my team, because VY is not apart of it; and by all rights... He should've been.

Vince is Vince, Vince is special - and while I always follow Priest, Roy, Jammer, et al... None compare to Vince.

For 98% of the posters in this thread, I believe these sentiments are true. They love Vince, and will follow Vince, and root for Vince no matter what team he plays for.

Never have I anticipated an NFL Matchup like I do this weekend. It will be electric, TEXAS fans will fill the stadium, as well as Texans fans... But whether you root for Vince, or root for the Titans, or root for the Texans.... That's not what this game is about.

This is a Vince "FU" to the people responsible for draft day.

Even if Vince and the Titans lose... The stadium will be packed, the fans will be pumped...they will be spending alot of their $$ . It'll be a great atmosphere, Superbowl like buzz... And for any "business" - Why wouldn't you want that... EVERY WEEK? THAT'S who Vince Young is.

13. hornfan_82

hornfan_82 100+ Posts

^
    ^
    100% agree

14. ILoveChickFilA

ILoveChickFilA 25+ Posts

They should move the Titans to Austin.

15. TrashMaster G

TrashMaster G 250+ Posts

16. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

And what if the Texans win? What then? some of the posts on here are simply incredible. NFL teams don't just lay down and take a beating no matter who the opponent is and I'm sure those guys are just as hyped to be playing the Titans as Vince is to be playing Houston.

sounds like there will be some genuine hurt and disbelief on the part of some posters should that come to pass.

I hope to hell Vince has a HOF career, but can we slow it down just a tad?

17. TigOl'Bitties

TigOl'Bitties 25+ Posts

"NFL teams don't just lay down and take a beating"

how do you explain the Texans since they've been around???

18. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

I'm not expecting Tennessee to lose. But I will still make way for the possibility of a surprise. As for explaining the Texans, because they are a bad team doesn't mean it is one collective non-effort. I'm a Cowboys fan, but any decent Texans fan should be able to name a few players who play hard most if not all of the time.

19. TigOl'Bitties

TigOl'Bitties 25+ Posts

&#60;crickets chirping&#62;

20. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

21. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

22. TigOl'Bitties

TigOl'Bitties 25+ Posts

Titans 27
    Texaggys 14

23. MidTexHorn

MidTexHorn 100+ Posts

What MTF said.

24. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

When the Titans win Sunday, I will contribute $20 to a fund to hire a horsedrawn wagon with a brass band on it to parade down Cullen Boulevard.

25. lowery21

lowery21 250+ Posts

It was still awesome seeing Cash spike the ball into Ryans poster. Sorry, I digress.

26. NEwherebutA&M

NEwherebutA&M 100+ Posts

27. NEwherebutA&M

NEwherebutA&M 100+ Posts

28. abqhornfan

abqhornfan 100+ Posts

29. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

30. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

I’ve lived in Austin for the past 25 years, so I can’t speak for Houston NFL fans (although it seems like the Texans’ snub of the hometown superstar would be a particularly painful betrayal). But it’s interesting to me that the local CBS affiliate in Austin has chosen to broadcast Titans games INSTEAD OF Texans games in recent weeks. Think about that for a moment. Central Texans have historically been fans of NFL franchises in both Dallas and Houston. But the Texans have managed to alienate this traditional fan base. Passing on Vince was astonishingly short-sighted, on so many levels. The Texan fans will end up being an island called the city of Houston, with the rest of the state supporting the Cowboys and/or Titans.