all quiet...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by hornpharmd, Dec 28, 2013.

1. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

...on the coaching search front.

seems like we would have heard more noise by now. Pure speculation om my part but does that mean we are waiting on an NFL coach to finish up their season? If it were an NFL coach I can't seem them announcing that while said coach was in a playoff hunt.

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

No, waiting for a college coach to wrap up his bowl game.
    IMO.

3. bevo barry

bevo barry 500+ Posts

It's gonna be a long, long couple of weeks....

4. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

"It's gonna be a long, long couple of weeks...."

Yes - but the time will pass quickly.

[​IMG]

5. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Bellmont has gone from rumor factory to total radio silence and honestly, I think it's a much needed change of pace. I agree with a lot of others on here and believe that we haven't announced our guy because they are still coaching in January. My guess is we're bringing on an established college HC whom we've had picked from early on... but who knows? We'll find out soon enough [​IMG]

6. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Louisville plays tonight. Seems like we will start eliminating names after bowl games are completed.

7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I believe that the earliest we would see an announcement would be January 7th. To announce prior to the 7th would serve little purpose, and also result in our foregoing the opportunity for the maximum media impact.

I expect an announcement between the 7th and the 12th. If the announcement stretches past Sunday the 12th, then perhaps it would signal that someone like Harbaugh is indeed in the discussion.

8. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

I don't see how an announcement will be made before we play Monday night. l

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

10. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

It will also be interesting to see what happens after the NFL's Black Monday, and what names move off the radar screen. Folks like Briles, Gruden, O'Brien (obviously), Mora and Sumlin will probably be in play.

11. ReaganHorn

ReaganHorn 250+ Posts

I don't think we hear anything until said coach is done with their bowl game and Texas is done with the Alamo Bowl. If it's Strong we could hear Tuesday. If it's Dantonio (who I hope it is), we could hear Thursday. If later than Friday it gets pretty interesting.

12. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

I agree with after Alamo Bowl to keep focus on Mack and then after new HC's bowl game if not already played.

But I suspect timing of announcement will not wait until Jan 7 in order to get the Texas brand out to soak up some of the headlines from the National Championship and major bowl buzz...assuming the new HC has finished their bowl game.