All-Time Results - 4 wins back of ND for 2nd

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WorsterMan, Jan 20, 2008.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

At the end of the '07 season & bowl game, UT is 4 wins back of Notre Dame for second place behind Meat Chicken. The lowly Irish may be dreadfully awful again in '08 or they might win 5-6 games if any of the highly touted incoming freshmen contribute at a high level. Assuming ND wins a few more games than '07 and the Horns win 9-10 games during the 2008 season, UT could tie or take over second place.

Now that my friend would be allsome!

The Link

2. on that same note, notre dame sucks. always has.

3. Mikeinthebox

Mikeinthebox 100+ Posts

damn. didnt realize we were that close to second. well, next year it is then. [​IMG]

4. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

I thought there was a larger gap between us and Nebraska.

5. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

the real question is.

Are these the real numbers not including the post cheating forfeits??

6. WorsterMan

KC - I don't believe the UT total includes the forfeits.

Other comments: Nebraska is closer to UT in total wins than I thought they were, especially after a disastrous season in '07. Ohio State is climbing. Alabama has slowly been losing ground, as I believe they were # 3 in total wins about 15 years ago... and ou sucks.

7. iluvut34

iluvut34 < 25 Posts

Their numbers are slightly off. Nebraska is actually twelve wins behind us. They also credit us with three more losses and an extra tie, which resulted from a series of exhibition games we played in Mexico against Missouri during the winter of 1896.

8. L.A.Longhorn

L.A.Longhorn 250+ Posts

what exactly is a delta point?

9. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

10. UTIceberg

UTIceberg 250+ Posts

Here's the link to the all-time records from UT's site. I believe these are the "official" NCAA numbers, which vary slightly from the ones listed on the CFD Warehouse site:
    The Link

According to Mack's site, we are 5 back. I imagine these are the records UT will "go by," so to speak.

11. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

Iceberg, Mack's site does not include our Holiday Bowl victory. We are officially at 820 wins, which puts us four behind ND.

Think of it like this, remember Keith Jackson stating during the ’06 Rose Bowl that it was our 800th win? Well, two 10-win seasons later that puts us at 820. We are also still third in all-time winning percentage, despite what that site says.

If you want to count forfeits, go to stassen.com, which has us 1 win behind ND:

stassen all-time win %

12. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

stassen is a neat site.
    Just for fun, plug in the year the AP was introduced as a yearly tabulation (1936) & go by winning %. [​IMG]

13. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

14. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

Miami of Ohio used to be a good program. I suppose other people here might remember back to '83, when the Miami Hurricanes won their first national championship, they were called Miami, Fla. to differentiate them from the other Miami. I remember the AP Poll used to refer to them that way. After a few years, everyone just started calling them Miami.

15. Eating Club

Eating Club 250+ Posts

In ND's defense (which didn't exist last season), UT played 29 more games. Of course, catching up to ND's win total seemed almost impossible 10 years ago.

16. WorsterMan

Eating Club - One reason UT has played more games than the lowly Irish, is due to ND's self imposed policy of no end of season bowl games. This lasted something like 30+ years? Furthermore, it does give me great pleasure to point out that the Irish have helped our cause by losing 10 consecutive bowl games [​IMG]

Irish prospects for a break-out year in '08 look very meek... thanks Charlie.

17. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

AND OF COURSE YOU know that Texas is the reason that ND has all those bowl losses.

18. WorsterMan

Yes, in November 1969 ND ended their self imposed bowl ban to face # 1 TEXAS in the Cotton Bowl on Jan.1, 1970. How'd that one work out for ya' domers? [​IMG]

19. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Sweet. We can put this next to our 7 straight 10 win seasons trophy.