AM IS A RECRUITING TOTAL DISASTER?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by miller 58, Apr 7, 2010.

1. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

it's truly remarkable the difference in campus governance between when dr. gates ran the place, and right now.

really remarkable.

2. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

Dr. Gates was truly a great man for A&M, and I wish he were back.

That said, it would also truly scare the heck out of me, if he were to leave his current job!

_____miller58

3. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I never thought I'd catch myself saying this but...: Ditto miller!

4. madcow

madcow 500+ Posts

5. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

6. agssuk

agssuk 1,000+ Posts

"Get you a new President, put the alums back in control, and you'll return to normal.

Probation????

7. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

The thing you have to remember is that the Aggies beat us in the State Farm Lone Star Cup two years ago and retained it last year with the tie and may retain it or win it this year. Their football team gave us fits last year before we won.
    Let's not be too hasty in our criticism of the Aggies.

8. bevaux

bevaux 250+ Posts

Bill, not trying to pile on the ags or you, however I really could care less about this Lone Star trophy. It is a crock. It gives the same weight to tiddlywinks as it does football. I don't know a single honest aggie that wouldn't change their athletic programs history and success with ours, especially over the last 10 years, if not for all time.

I mean, seriously..Lone Star trophy?? The ags have won exactly 36 football games against us in 116 years. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I'd say we own a sizable lead in basketball, and baseball isn't even close. Swimming? I think we know the answer there as well. At Texas we measure success in national titles not Lone Star trophy's.

Yes, of late their track, women's basketball, and men's golf teams have done well. IMO, that is hardly worthy of a trophy, nor a pat on the back for their athletic director.

As for coming close? I won't even go there. [​IMG]

9. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

And in other news...the world is round. [​IMG]

10. Pericles

Pericles 1,000+ Posts

I doubt Tulane University has 19 recruits.

Can't you insanely jealous ones ever get it right?

11. PropositionJoe

12. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

A&M just has to make drastic changes this December; and get it together in our football program?

The coaches we have are what their resumes show they are!_____That's not the problem!

The major major problem is the people that interviewed, hired, approved and supported the hiring, don't seem to have read these resumes._____The resumes are still posted on rivals .com for them and everybody else to read, today?

These people should never have anything to do with the hiring; or even be able to touch the hiring procress of A&M football coaches, ever again?

A&M has not even been in the top 25, in 11 of the last 14 years in the final poll, since we first joined the big 12, led (?) by RC and the Wrecking Crew!

As a matter of fact, we have not even been in the top 10 ever, in the final poll, since we joined the big 12.

As bad as our coaching and recruiting is now, I expect us to continue to be out of the top 25 in the final poll, for at least another 5 to 10 years?

I would like to be wrong, but the odds of us getting into the top 25 in the final poll, are about 20/80 over the next 5 to 10 years?

_____miller58

13. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

Looks like Sherm should do a little research on Aaron Wallace and perhaps offer his son. This from the TCU Nike Camp Rival's report...or does he recruit defense?

"At linebacker, Dallas Skyline's Anthony Wallace worked out, as did Texas Tech commit Devon Hocutt as well as a host of other talented in-state prospects. However, the standout on the day was MVP Aaron Wallace Jr. who made the trip all the way from San Diego, Calif.

Wallace Jr. was probably the best looking linebacker on the hoof, measuring in at around 6-foot-4 and over 200 pounds. He also looked the part on the field. He used is length to show great range but was still able to play low, have good change of direction and good explosiveness.

Wallace Jr. comes from good stock. His father, Aaron Wallace Jr. is the all-time sack leader at Texas A&M. The younger Wallace has been hearing from UCLA, Cal, Stanford and Texas A&M but has yet to pick up an offer."

14. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

15. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

16. vculou

vculou 250+ Posts

Some one needs to start a caption contest with this picture, That is pure gold...

[​IMG]

17. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

You will be moving to CS for an animal husbandry study.

18. PropositionJoe

19. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

The number of 4*/5* players committed and signed since Sherman was hired in 2007 is:

Mac Brown 47
    Bob Stoops 42
    Les Miles 44
    Mike Sherman 17

If Sherman can't commit and sign 15 to 20 four and five star players this year(this year), he should just get out of the business and retire!

Another small handfull of 4*/5* signees again this year and we may as well give up for a few future years!

We'll be drained dry!

_____miller58

20. PropositionJoe

21. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

22. PropositionJoe

good question. i think a lot of schools are waiting to see how he shows up in actually game play. he did well at the nike camp, but the rest of his film is just ok...

ultimately i think he'll end up with an offer and i think he'll end up coming to A&M, but right now i dont know that the coaches are 100% sold on him being a stud LB.

23. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

24. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

Wallace has had an A&M offer for months on end, per Aggie Websider.

The reason I compare A&M to UT, ou and Lsu is that A&M must go through UT and ou to even ever get out of the big 12 south.

I cvould not agree with you more that A&M is about three tiers below all three, under Sherman!

This is not the fault of the coaches. _____Their resumes are perfectly clear on their coaching and recruiting experience; and Greenbay football people I listened to, are very clear on why Sherman was fired.

This is the fault of the people that interviewed, hired, approved the hiring and supported the hiring of the Sherman 10 in 2007 and the +5 in 2010.

Just look at the 15 coaching resumes on rivals for the 5 years prior to their hire?

There is not one of them that UT, ou, or Lsu would hire?

If you go back 5 years on the resumes before the Sherman 10 was hired in 2007, all 10 of them together had recruited only 2 four star players and no five star players total, for the 5 year period.

Then looking at the +5 hired in 2010, all 5 of them together only signed 2 four star players and no five star players in the prior 5 years.

Also notice a majority of the +5 has never previously coached even one down of football for one of the 67 bcs teams.

Just unbelievable to me, we would hire any of these coaches?

No experience in recruiting and coaching is not the hires you make to win in the big 12.

These coaches will get a big spin job each spring to sell season tickets, and continue to not beat UT or ou, and fail miserably since 2007.

Notice the A&M blogs avoid comparing both recruiting and coaching records to UT and ou.

It is always a comparison against another A&M coach or another A&M team for a reason.

Compared against UT or ou, we simply suck in all aspects!

_____miller58

25. PropositionJoe

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

26. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Prop, I don't think aggy is doomed, at least in the way a UTEP would be trying to play in the Big 12. That being said, miller makes some good points, even if he makes 'em over and over again.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of any team, and agricultural consistently recruits at a level below UT and okie. They bring in just enough solid players to beat the teams they should, and occasionally hang with us, okie, and Tech.

Sherman's not a bad head coach, and if his defensive fix works, aggy may win another game or two. However, in the long run, he's probably not the man, and his staff is probably not the staff, to get aggy to the UT/okie level. Traditionally, the ags are mediocre in football to slightly better, and that's probably the best ag fan can hope for with the shermanator. Sorry...you're a good guy, and I wish I could offer you more hope, but...

27. PropositionJoe

you know, i truly dont know what to expect. i think sherman is a good coach...his work with our offense, specifically our offensive line last year was pretty impressive. i also think that he made a homerun hire in deruyter to improve our defense.

recruiting has picked up...got a couple of solid recruits today from our M&W game.

we'll just have to wait and see. i'm not convinced that sherman is going to suck, nor am i yet convinced that he's going to lead us to the "promised land"...this year will be very telling.

28. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

Joe, with your very nice, very quite and very football intelligent Aggie Spin Machine spinning in each of your posts, you know exactly, that we will be beaten to a pulp by UT, ou and nebraska this year!

Tu has signed 78 top 4*/5* players in the past five years, A&M has dropped to only 29 total under Sherman's terrible recruiting now!

Reducing that number by A&M's measured 70 % attrition rate, gives us 20, and with an average of about 5 injured and out each week, we'll be playing UT, ou and nebraska with about 15 players on our two deep?

Add that to Sherman's demonstrated coaching inability to instill team discipline and inablity to evaluate players; and I agree with you completely, we're doomed!

A&M has 12 desperate recruiting needs this year, four or five star high school seniors for quarterback, and each of the 11 defensive positions._____Watch close to see if we get 'em?

we may have two of them now in commits, corner Stewart and safety Sparks?
    _____Ten more to go to become just to become revelent by 2013 and beyond?

If we dont get 'em this year, we are irrevelent into 2014 or beyond.

Less than an A&M total of 15 top 4*/5* commits for the next 5 years each year, and we dont beat UT, ou and nebraska for the next decade.

Realistic, but Joe, your very nice, very quite and very intelligent Aggie Spin Machine spin is always appreciated, but not believable by anyone knowing todays detailed real Aggie facts!

_____miller58

29. madcow

madcow 500+ Posts

30. PropositionJoe