AM IS A RECRUITING TOTAL DISASTER?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by miller 58, Apr 7, 2010.

1. vculou

vculou 250+ Posts

Prop Joe...
    The sleeping emoticon seems to be the best possible choice for a reply. It reminds me of the picure of Sherm dead asleep during the Pro draft a few years ago..
    Yes that icon [​IMG] is very appropiate in any discussion of ATM recruiting under Sherm.

2. Bundy

Bundy 100+ Posts

lots of crazy being sold on this thread.

3. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

Yes Bundy, if you are used to reading the false embellishments posted daily on Ag blogs by football players of RC and the Wrecking Crew, of their .603 big 12 winning percentage; and then the Aggie Spin Machine spin fantasies about the future with Sherman's .312 big 12 winning percentage future, it can seem very strange to read the actual truth!

Remember A&M had a record last season of 3 wins and 10 loses?_____We got credit for 3 more of those loses, only when one, both top tech quarterbacks went down with a broken leg and a concussion the week before playing us; two, when 3 Iowa State starters went down the week before playing us, their starting quarterback, their starting running back and one other starter were all in street clothes; and three, when Quarterback Robert Griffin broke his leg before playing us._____You remember Robert, he had us down 0-41 before halftime the previous year?

We still have signed more 4*/5* players than every team on our schedule except UT, ou and nebraska, despite Sherman's terrible recruiting.

But with Sherman's terrible coaching, we hopefully will win the first three gimmi's including a 1-AA, then baylor and Kansas should be toss ups, and finally we lose badly to UT, ou, nebraska, arkansas, missouri, okie lite, and tech!____We basically finish with another 3-9 record, just like last season!

Bundy, welcome to the real world!

_____miller58

4. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

i'm on a new health kick.

this morning i tried egg beaters made in the microwave with a bit of salsa and some cholula hotsauce. oh i know cholula plays second fiddle to tobasco, but i prefer the taste. my wife insisted that i put some milk in it to make the egg fluffier.

gotta say, it was mighty tasty and filled me up good.

5. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

6. Fritz

Fritz 500+ Posts

vcu lou makes a good point:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

8. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

9. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

aggy recruiting...the McDonald's of college football. (But hey, they "bagged" Donnie... [​IMG] )

10. PropositionJoe

11. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Biscuits and gravy, my friend, biscuits and gravy, and a big old side of thick peppery bacon. If you survive that, you are a man's man. Throw in a bowl of buttered grits for good measure... [​IMG]

12. PropositionJoe

i prefer my cholesterol to be below 300.

seriously though, i cant do that for breakfast. way too heavy. every once in a while is cool, but not all the time.

did make my way to a babe's chicken last night. holy fried food heaven, their fried chicken was damn tasty.

13. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I like beer for breakfast if I can't have beer batter biscuits. [​IMG]

14. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

Did you go to the Babes in Roanoke???

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc [​IMG]

15. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Do I need to?

16. PropositionJoe

17. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

Will Sherman lose 4 * recruits QB Christian LeMay, DE Hughes and TE Stevenson this Friday When they Announce?

miller58 [​IMG]

18. Sugarpunk

Sugarpunk 500+ Posts

I used to go to a "Babe's Chicken Shack" in Garland back in the mid-90's. It was beyond allsome - all the sides you could eat when you bought the meat. Is this the same restaurant?

19. PropositionJoe

same one sugarpunk. the meat options were fried chicken, chicken fried steak, chicken tenders, fried catfish, and i believe smoked chicken.

i had the fried chicken, my wife had the chicken fried steak. i've been eating healthy for the past few months, and i dont think my system was ready for as much fried goodness as i took in during that dinner.

my favorite part was that it was byob. we brought a case of miller lights in and enjoyed ourselves.

20. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

Mike Sherman has offered 3* quarterback Jacoby Brissett of Palm Gardens, Fla?

Has Mike already been told ahead of time by 4* quarterback Christian LeMay, as is normal, who is announcing Friday, that he is turning down Mike's offer of a scholarship?

Mike has never signed a 4* quarterback, since his hire at A&M since 2007?

Mike's resume on rivals does not show recruiting ability, and shows it is not his fault!

It is simply the fault of the people at A&M that interviewed, hired, approved the hire and supported the hire of the Sherman 10 in 2007, and the Sherman +5 in 2010.

miller58

21. PropositionJoe

that has nothing to do with babe's chicken.

pay attention and focus on the current conversation.

back to the point...i was most impressed by their biscuits. very tasty.

22. Sugarpunk

Sugarpunk 500+ Posts

Does "Babe's" still have the hot young waitresses that do "The Macarena" or did they completely play that out already? I was particularly fond of the biscuits, too. But, that salad was my favorite, if I had to choose.

I guess they're franchising out now? I hope they make it down to San Antonio sometime in the near future as I don't get up to the Metroplex all that often anymore.

To keep it topical, I think the ags will find their way and once again be a consistent thorn in our side here pretty quick. They've got the offense pretty much humming already and they can build on that. When they get the OL stocked with upperclassmen they will be really cooking with gas. Obviously, they need to get the defense up to a higher standard and I believe that they will.

As a Horn, I enjoy seeing them struggle. That comes with the territory. But, I don't fool myself into believing that this is their equilibrium state. They will figure it out and prolly sooner than we all think. I really think it is important to give Sherman some rope for at minimum the next two years. He did demonstrate some progress from Year 1 to Year 2.

I still remember the early 90's experience when I was a student here at Texas. It was two steps forward, one step back pretty much the whole way. I relate that to what the ags are going through right now.

23. PropositionJoe

the salad was pretty good. and the waitresses, i think, did do the macarena, and walked around singing into a mic along with the music in the background. i didnt really notice them being overly attractive though...

24. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

I just don't see the daily postings by RC's players on Ag blogs, trying to embellish their past overall .603 winning(?) percentage against other big 12 teams, getting one more percentage point for the wrecking crew!

Just as I see regression in Shermam's team, that will continiue to have a winning(?) percentage in the .300's or less against other big 12 teams?

Mike will have up to 80 mostly 2 and 3 star players that have been personally evaluated and signed by mike, on the field this fall. Enough to be 3 to 4 Quality players deep at every position if Mike evaluated them well?

In addition, Mike will have top senior leadership from up to 13 or more players?

On offense, senior leadership will come from QB JJ, OL Allen, OL Eike, OL Baker, TE Brown, WR T McCoy, WR Tannehill, WR Holland and WR Beyer.

On Defense, senior leadershipwill come from CB Judie, LB Hodges, DT Patterson, DE Williams, All American LB Miller.

Every one is either a true senior or 5th year senior.

Bo Pelini was hired the same time as Mike and has a .649 winning percentage against other big 12 teams and played in the big 12 champ game!

I won't buy a ticket to see this year's failures again!

miller58

25. PropositionJoe

seriously though. this healthy eating kick has changed my system. two pieces of fried chicken and my stomach literally told me "take one more bite of that fried stuff, and so help me, i will rebel all over this table".

so i just stuck to beer. we'll see how today goes. having BW3s for lunch.

26. madcow

madcow 500+ Posts

27. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

28. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

Georgia blows out Sherman a second time this year, and committed A&M's desperate needed 4* quarterback, Christian LeMay today.

Sherman has 12 desperate needs this year to keep A&M from being in the big 12 south rock bottom forever.

You see, Sherman is in his fourth recruiting class since his hire in 2007, and in 10 desperate need positions, quarterback one of them, Sherman has never ever commtted and signed a single high school 4*/5* senior for any of these 10 desperate positions, since his hire in 2007 !

A&M is simply running out of Frans Players and top coaching went with Fran!

Gone are 4*Safety Martin, 4* Corner Harris, 4* Defensive End Lewis Moore, another 4*End to ISU, 4*DT Kellen Heard, all decommitted Sherman to other schools, 4* Safety Pugh, etc.

The days of 7 and 9 regular season victories competing for the big 12, one field goal away from winning the big 12 south, and a Rivals Nationally ranked #11 recruitng class, Fran was bringing in 2008, are over!

Sherman has a terrible .312 winning(?) percentage against other Big 12 teams, half of RC and the wrecking crew's terrible .603(?) winning percentage against other big 12 teams!

A&M going back to the begining of the big 12, has not been ranked in 11 of the last 14 years, never ranked in the top 10 in the final poll; and has lost more than 4 out of every 10 games played against big 12 teams and lost to most ranked teams and ranked bowl opponents?

What a pitiful football program we have become under the current A&M administration, the last 15 years?

The A&M(?) people that looked at their resumes(?), interviewd, hired, approved the hires and supportd the hires of the Sherman 10 in 2007 and the Sherman +5 in 2010 must never be allowed to touch the A&M football coach, hiring process again?

_____miller58

"I will never buy a single ticket to see our coaching failures again"

[​IMG]

29. PropositionJoe

about to go to galveston to have lunch. looking forward to some good seafood.

30. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

MIller, just become a Texas fan. You know you want to. It's in your best interest.