America is lost...

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Sheldon Cooper, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I went to law school there in the early 2000s. It was fuckin Mogadishu without the beaches.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I’m sure Waco is much nicer now. Can we move on?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

No. I was there a few mos. ago. My aunt lives there. It still sucks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Easy there Deez! Been married 21 years. She's a Baylor alumn. We met after college. I think once our youngest daughter is out of the house I can get her to move somewhere we would call a compromise. New Braunfels, Wimberly, San Marcos area. But not Waco.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Deez must have started drinking early. That was pretty insulting.
    And not typical of him.

• Hot Hot x 1
  6. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Nah it’s all good. Ain’t no way I’m living up there, too isolated. Never even heard of a one legged stripper! Paints an ugly picture though, dayum!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I did drink early and often in Waco. The one-legged stripper thing was obviously a joke (though I knew a guy who went to Two Minnie's, and the chicks were pretty "tore up"), but the turd-smelling water was definitely not a joke. At least when I lived there, the water had a very distinct fecal odor. It was disgusting. Wacoans blamed dairy farmers near the Brazos River. The dairy farmers pointed the finger at Waco's antiquated water filtration system. I tend to blame Waco. I've lived near dairy farms in Portugal and here in the UK. The water didn't smell like ***.

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Ok
    but that doesn't excuse insulting AC's wife

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Head west of Waco on highway 6 past Lake Waco towards Meridian and along the Bosque river. Nice vistas and scenery.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm mainly insulting Waco, not his wife. If his wife wants to live in Waco, she is misguided, not a bad person. If you gave her a glass of water from Waco, she'd presumably change her mind.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

In other words, Waco is nice once you're no longer in Waco.

I agree with you though. That area is pretty nice. Mrs. Deez's sister and her family live in Woodway. It's not fancy, but it's reasonably nice.

Here's the general rule, with some exceptions. If you're east of Herring Ave., more than a quarter of a mile north of Hwy. 6, west of Loop 340 on the east side, and south of where 340 meets up with IH-35 in Bellmead (which is even dumpier than Waco), you're in a **** hole. If you're outside those perimeters, you could still be in a **** hole, but it's far less certain. Your water still smells like turd though. You smell worse after taking a shower than before.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Better break out the really big bucks if that's where you are looking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Dr Joe
    I can't read the whole article. What does he say?

15. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

The Lake Whitney area is 30 minutes from Waco and about 1 hour from DFW. I may end up there in the next 5 years.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Tyler is a better retirement option than Dallas county.

We looked at Marshall because of the many 19th century homes in that town. It's my wife's dream to have (me) restore an old Victorian. Marshall is so economically depressed, I checked out.

Definitely headed that direction tho. Less mountain cedar, less chaos than Dallas county. We live in a nice crime free area, but how long can any section of Dallas county can stay that way. Not long imo

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think 6721 was joking about your reference to the one-legged hooker.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Mike Rhyner of KTCK always joked about the one armed stripper in Wichita Falls. That would have been fun to watch while drunk, if she'd existed..

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

So they are right on 3 things.........

relax, just kidding...2 things

20. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Have you seen the price of Bitcoin??
    www.neutralatm.com
    Read some of my blogs. I just exchanged my fiat currency for Bitcoin. And have some Bitcoin ATM’s. It’s not that hard guys. You need iron intestines, but other than that....

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Basically, he sounds like an 8-year old

“Maybe someone like a Jeff Goodman said something — and I’ve got him blocked, anyway — so now a fan wants me to know what Jeff Goodman says, so he tags me,” Stackhouse said. “Well, now you’re blocked, too. I don’t want to see this on my timeline. I don’t want the noise. Don’t want the hate. Y’all mad your man got fired, man. That’s the real world.”

“New regimes come in and they bring in their people. And change happens,” he said. “And it can happen, especially when you don’t win a game. If I don’t win a game, I don’t know what the hell I’d do. But I couldn’t be mad about nothing. Even in my situation. But that’s what people tried to lose sight of, the reality of where we are.”

Stackhouse wasn’t done shifting the blame. The “75 million” people who voted for Trump. In other words, Stackhouse seemed to imply, if people are dumb enough to vote for Trump, they’re dumb enough to question his knowledge of basketball. And, oh yeah, if they voted for Trump, they must hate Stackhouse.

“How am I not qualified when I played basketball at the highest level and played under some Hall of Fame coaches?” Stackhouse asked. “I don’t have the acumen to know what I’m looking at? What’s the angst? And it becomes the things we see right in front of us, man.

“All I can say is, 75 million people voted for Trump. That’s all I can say. You ain’t fooling me. I know what it’s about, a lot of you hate everything we did when we came here about the staff, the diversity of the staff, it was this or that. And I like to think I know a little something about building teams and what organizations should look like. I’ve worked and played for some of the best organizations.”

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That was painful to read. Vanderbilt must be so proud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

He really makes some good points. I'm closer to realizing what a stupid racist I must be.

• Funny Funny x 4
  24. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Okay I’ll give you Tyler is a decent town and healthcare at Mother Frances is good. :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  25. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Mrs works for Vanderbilt. She has Vandy interns every 6 months. They are all entitled SJWs that are useless. Two have quit due to “stress” of interning. Can’t wait to have them deliver ObamaCare.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  26. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I should have provided more context. Neither of the two were capable of showing up on time much less preparing for their scheduled patients. Both claimed too much extra curricular stress and were allowed to opt out of interning for the semester due to circumstances beyond their control. Oh, this was pre-Covid.

27. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

One armed stripper I believe. A one legged stripper could only dance to "At the Hop"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Punctuality is a lost value. Most people I know under 40 don't give a crap about being on time even in a professional setting. It's remarkable.

30. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1