America is lost...

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Sheldon Cooper, Nov 7, 2020.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I see that the Boston Marathon already escaped your mind...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Stop apologizing

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

What about the recent problems in France? You really think they don't want to come over here? They'd LOVE to do it. Why do you downplay it so much? Do you love religious fundamentalists anyway? Is that your vision for America? Hey, no problem for me, but the vetting must be stringent and it's on the President to protect us and not play games with who holds the torch higher for the huddled masses in order to win votes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Yes, those who come into the US should be vetted, especially for citizenship. Travel bans from primarily Muslim countries is not vetting but the absence of vetting.

I don't love religion fundamentalism in any form whether that be Muslim, Buddism, Christianity of Pastafarian. It should be clear from my posts that extremism in any form I'd discourage. That's what the vetting process is for though. When we play our part to take in the worlds refugees, no religion should be given preference over another. In fact, religion shouldn't be a consideration other than to determine if said refugee is hostile to the US.

5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I figured you didn't love it. Just asking. And from some quarters just me saying that about religious fundamentalism is bigotry in some form.

I looked at those countries a while back and thought they were reasonably selected in terms of shaky governments (with very poor record keeping) or outright hostility towards us. I'd have to look at the list again. But yes, they were Muslim countries.

I suppose we need to contrast that list with how we handle Cuba and North Korea.

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Is she driving on the right side?

edit to point out NOT all countries banned are muslim.
    How does the current list compare to Obama's list?

• Like Like x 1
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

The “other than” part is what is being considered I believe.

8. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I'd F her then sell her off for what she thinks she's worth

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The Dude abides.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She must have brought a UK spec vehicle to the US. You can do that with some conversions. Of course, I'm doing the reverse in the UK. I brought a US-spec and an EU-spec car, so I drive on the left side of the car and on the left side of the road. It's awkward, but I'm used to it.

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Some of the dash cam videos transpose the image.

12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Not sure where to put this but this is a good place. Biden is already BSing about healing. But AOC is out to get former Trump officials and we have another here. This is the TRUE left-wing power base and why it's a disaster that Trump lost. THANK GOD the Legislative Branch is a different story and the mega-trend is to the right. Trump's a-hole personality cost him but the Left's extremism and hatred cost them too. But these people are so obsessed and wracked with a pathological need to destroy (CANCEL) anyone who dares question them that they will double down when they lose. They will learn nothing. They will assume they are geniuses and the rest of us are either deplorable monsters or evil Nazi's. I pray that they are beaten back in the next election.

Sunny Hostin sides with AOC's blacklist: Trump officials shouldn't be forgotten, 'need to be held accountable'

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Well, I'm sure some of us will be categorized as deplorable Nazis or evil monsters. Give them credit for a modicum of creativity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

In the interest of time.

AOC, you and the rest of the America hating Left - go ahead and seek me out now. Hunt me down to punish me and my family...... bring it AOC, I'm armed and ready for you 24/7.

:takeit:

Me and my extended "deplorable" family are America loving Patriots. We ALL voted for Trump. Not because we love him as a person or agree with everything he does (we dont).

We don't hate anyone and want all who come here legally to be self reliant, achieve, succeed and enjoy some piece of the American dream.

We, and EVERYONE we know, does NOT want to "fundamentally change" America to the socialized, groveling, backwater, environmentally penalized banana republic you want.

In the end, IF Biden somehow prevails as POTUS from this contrived and strategic MASSIVE voter fraud in 5 states to win. One day normal and peace loving Patriots like me will rise up and say we've had enough... and WE THE PEOPLE come after you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If she wasn't a Brit, that would be my first assumption.

16. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

I miss Britian so much

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's great. We found a nice home in Feltwell - about 2 minutes from Mrs. Deez's office and the DoDDS school where Deez, Jr. attends. There's also a nice pub that's only about a 90 second walk from the house. The biggest upside here is the people. The Brits are just a lot friendlier than the Germans are. Part of it is cultural, and I think Germans still see is somewhat as an occupying force, even though we're not.

A few downsides. Food is more expensive here, and the infrastructure (roads, internet speed, and mobile service) isn't as good. The VAT is also a little higher (20 percent instead of 19) and MUCH harder to avoid. I haven't gotten out of paying it a single time. I also can't get gas tax free unless I'm on base. In Germany, I could get gas in any Esso station and pay AAFES prices.

I'm also having trouble adapting to the beer. I like the British beer, but I don't crave it the way I do German, Czech, and Austrian. I can get this stuff at the Lakenheath shoppette for $8.95 for a six pack of 500 mL bottles. It's a great deal, but I need some variety.

rps20201111_133240.jpg

I still have some in my "stash" (what I was able to stuff into my car), but that's going to run out by the end of the year.

rps20201111_134056.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Come back. Get a civilian gig.

19. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

I've been to Feltwell. Don't remember much to be honest but I know I have been there. I was stationed at Leakenheath back in the day. A lot has changed since I have lived there in the mid-90's. I never got used to the beer either (nothing compares to German, Austrian beer!) but I love the country, people and culture. My great-grandparents emigrated from London so Britain is close to my heart.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

I would LOVE too!! My wife won't go though. I have brought it up before.

21. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I spent last weekend at my property in East Texas. It is Trump country for sure. As I sat with relatives and friends, I asked who would be willing to register their guns? Of course nobody was. The general sentiment is it is better to live free or die defending freedom. The democrats are underestimating the conservative population. This could get real ugly fast.

• Like Like x 2
  22. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Bromantic. Get a room.

:coolnana:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Here comes Deez showing off again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

:bow: WELL SAID! :bow:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

26. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The problem is all of those companies will relocate to red states and bring their dumb*ss voting tendencies with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I suppose. A paranoid mind would say that is what the Californians want. Drive people away knowing they will take their inner Liberal emotional make-up with them. A real Machiavellian move. I doubt that is what's happening here but it sure seems like it sometimes.

These kind of headline moves drive me nuts.

The main reason I'm a Conservative is because I believe Liberalism requires much more personal judgment.

I'd rather say no.

Sure, there's lots of problems that need solutions. But the solutions seem to be so ridiculous half the time.

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There isn't much here, but it's a good place for living. It's very convenient, and it has two small grocery stores that are surprisingly well-stocked, two nice pubs, and two nice parks. Full service shopping is about 20 minutes away. I wouldn't plan a vacation here, but for everyday living, it's pretty good.

I wouldn't go through with it at first either, but here's what made me quit the Work of the Lord to move to Europe. After the wife got a chance to move to Bitburg (which I shot down), I felt bad bad and offered to take her to Germany for spring break the next year. I fell in love with Germany. Then we went to Italy the following year. Same result. That opened my mind to it, and if you want to come, you have to open your wife's mind.

If you really want to make it happen, take your wife here to visit (and not during the summer when it's hot with no AC and mobbed with tourists) - not to the Lakenheath area but to London. If she likes the countryside, rent a car and drive her to the Cotswolds. Before going, watch some Rick Steves videos about the area with her. Then if you find a job opportunity in the Lakenheath area, remind her that all the cool stuff she got to do in London and the countryside are less than 2 hours away. Remind her that mainland Europe (Germany, Italy, Switzerland, etc.) is only a cheap-*** Ryanair flight away - something she could do on the fly over a long weekend. It might swing her like it swung me.

• Like Like x 2
  29. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

Idk if anything will swing her anymore. We lived overseas, Japan, Italy and Iceland. She was never really happy. Her dream when I retired was to move close to her parents. I figured since I dragged her all over the US, overseas and she put up with all of my deployments I could sacrifice this for her. She has been a trooper and put up with alot of **** throughout the years. It is a dream of mine to go back to England but I have already lived my dream its her turn.

Another plus of living in England is you don't have to hear that voting for MPs or the PM is a rigged election like you do here. Its rather exhausting.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1