America is lost...

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Sheldon Cooper, Nov 7, 2020.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm pretty sure that's the deal on that.

It's similar to the idea coming from the Left that only white's can be racist because they have the power. So if a minority behaves in a racist manner all is forgiven even if it's EXACTLY what a white person did that resulted in cancellation.

2. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Is the United States the only country that hates itself? I mean, are citizens of other countries tearing down statues of their ancestors, writing government documents that state how bad they are, attempting to change fundamental icons like flag designs, and so on? Seeing
    It was mostly white, wealthy men that ran European nations in the 18th century and then their offspring-ing nations. So what. Highlight changes in the 19th and 20th centuries of non-white men. Do Japanese folks write how bad old famous Japanese men were? Do Brazilians do that for old famous Brazilian guys? Any nation?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

It means our time has come ................ and gone. We are reaching the point of self destruction and cannot see, maybe cannot prevent, it. Sad.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Critical Race Theory dates racism in America back to 1619. If so, then we must judge the entire world by this date and the Left's beloved Europe must also have it's culture taken down with the same vigor and venom. We must also trace the those who sold slaves to white people in that time frame and vilify those countries too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

6. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

It’s partly about the money but also about accumulated grievances and resultant resentments. Sins of the fathers get paid for by the sons, etc

the Stoics had the remedy we need to adopt: bear it with dignity and an appropriate level of sympathy no matter how grotesque it gets

7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

How much of a check are you willing to write? Or do you consider the printing of money or dramatic increase in the national debt an esoteric that means nothing to your daily living?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I think Richard Pryor taught us all that such thinking is wrong:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_Nigger's_Crazy

9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Supported by white overeducated leftists who work in government etc that won’t lose their jobs or take a pay cut.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Black people make up less than 14% of the population and its not projected to change much from that over the next 50 years.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

INSURRECTION!!!!!!!

13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

On the eve of the 4th of July I still remember the words my late Cuban Father would say whenever I spoke of the sins of our nation: "As opposed to whom?" It was his fervent opinion that in this world, the United States was the only true light in the sense that her power and might was the only thing standing in the way of a Russian or Chinese world hegemony which he regarded as a horrible alternative. In his (and I share this opinion) view there are no other countries or continents (including Europe) that have the will or the way to maintain the uneasy template of world peace and civilization. He was a staunch realist and while not a warmonger, he believed that our power was vital. It is an unfortunate reality but one that his opinions embraced as fact. I am also for peace and you can see it in my poetry. But at the same time, I wonder who or what makes me feel safe in this world.

The world is a bad place. It is also a beautiful place. Every nation has sins to answer for. We can all agree on that. We can also try to formulate an opinion about the value of this union that was born in sin in 1776. But here we are. Together as a nation.

It is my opinion that we should celebrate at least two things tomorrow if you are troubled by our past:

1) The IDEA of America which is stated very clearly: All Men Are Created Equal. We KNOW for a fact that this has not always been true and we are troubled by instances of inequality today. But perfection is an ideal and reality is not. Yet can we not agree on the idea of America and stop for one day and praise the INTENT of our union? I feel that our attempt for virtually every culture known to man to live side by side with the stated and idealistic vision to respect one another is somewhat unprecedented in that it is absent of a conquering invading alien force. This happened long ago but we live together freely now but let there be no mistake that the integration of proudly disparate cultures is a very difficult task and will always be a source of friction. But we are on this journey together and we should see the vessel for what it is: freedom and justice for all. It is up to us to guide it correctly.

2) America's CAPACITY to change. And we have. Look at the arc of our history and you can see the mega-trends are progressive in the areas of civil rights and the environment. This is happening though it may not seem like it on a day to day basis if you are a member of a historically disenfranchised group. I understand that history moves slowly and it is difficult to ask someone to wait until another generation passes for change. The facts are we have needed government power for our nation to do the right thing and that is why some people are not afraid of a large powerful central government. That is what it took to set them free. And now we celebrate activists who were once investigated and oppressed by that same government. It has been a struggle to form a government that is not oppressive to the people and compliant to those in power. But we all know what kind of a government we want and it is good to celebrate that kind of ideal and our ability to change that which is wrong.

I will honor you, your way of life, the struggles of your people whatever your connection to them may be and the way it has shaped your world view. I will also honor our country as it is my home and provides a family not unlike our own where we come together on Thanksgiving and other holidays to remember our love for one another. And I love the union of cultures, states and individuals under one flag. Our flag.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

15. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

So now days a man is more of a woman than a woman in Nevada.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  16. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

17. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The Bill of Rights
    A peom by the bystander

We The People
    Sailed the same course
    Some willingly
    Some by force
    We The People
    A document to inform
    A more perfect Union
    To weather any storm
    No more kings
    No more oppression
    No taxation
    Without representation
    Checks and balances
    And the rule of law
    Mitigating injustices
    Safe harbor for all
    The secular trinty
    President, Congress, Court
    Not one above the other
    Veto, fiat, tort
    Our common interest
    And our defense
    With liberty’s promise
    And almighty justice
    Our common tranquility
    And general welfare
    A poetically forged union
    Soil, beast and water to share
    All American rights
    And equal protection
    From a despotic government
    Or an internal insurrection
    Free to worship my God
    Free to worship your God
    Freedom to find God
    Freedom to deny any God
    Open discourse
    Speaking my mind
    And yours
    However unkind
    Collective grievances
    Peaceably petitioned
    We walk together
    But never threatened
    To bear arms
    For our security
    Never being forced
    To quarter unwillfully
    To remain secure
    In our sanctuary
    Unless presented
    With writ of entry
    Neither held
    Absent habeas corpus
    Or loss of property
    Unless agreed by us
    Or forced to testify
    To contradict our own denials
    Or brought forward
    In duplicitous trials
    To face our accuser
    In much haste
    Represented by counsel
    Our peers decide our fate
    Not one but twelve
    Examining the facts
    Brought forward
    But only this court acts
    Reasonable recompense
    For fine or bail
    Cruel or unusual retribution
    Shall not avail
    An enumeration
    Merely provides illumination
    But within the penumbra
    Reveals more freedom
    That is self-evident
    No list or count
    Exists to encumber
    Or restriction to surmount
    A union has formed
    But so sacred the individual
    The tyranny of the majority
    Is never permissible
    A living breathing document?
    Or static words unbending?
    Even as we amend
    Change never ending
    Open to interpretation
    If you see a right
    But others may disagree
    There may be a fight
    The spirit of intent
    Is there to see
    Freedom to choose
    Secured by liberty
    We The People
    A sacred quest
    We The People
    No more no less

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Maybe it has been posted already, but ya gotta love the left. All about women's rights and equality, all BS of course when they push for all this trans crap which negatively affects women.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Just curious
    Does texas have the right to carry law yet?

23. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Yes. I think it goes into effect Sept 1.

24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

25. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Thank you sir

• Like Like x 1
  27. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2