America is lost...

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Sheldon Cooper, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Gonna have to look into those.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Theranos' Holmes testifies she was abused by ex-partner Balwani

To all of you on this website, I'm going to give you more candor about my personal life so you can understand why I think this type of defense is an absolute cancer on our society.

My ex-wife has stalked me for years. I spent thousands and thousands of dollars trying to get a divorce that she appealed to all levels. To this day she tells people we are still married. I gained custody of my daughter last year. We are on the verge of filing a restraining order as she is making my daughter's life very difficult. It's been extremely stressful and yes, I feel I can make a very serious case for being mentally abused as can my children.

BUT THROUGH-OUT IT ALL I WENT TO WORK AND THRIVED. I refused to let it destroy what I had going in my career or with my relationships with others. There was never any question about being an honest person.

Abuse is real. So is using it to justify the unjustifiable.

She's lucky I'm not on that jury. I'd give her the maximum.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

If money is no object Schmidt and Bender are the RR of scopes. I’m not paying $9K for a rifle scope!

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Read thread

• WTF? WTF? x 4
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I completely disagree with the first part of that sentence.

8. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

All cultures used to value hard work because without it you starved or froze to death. Let's be honest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Marsha Blackburn asked Ketanji Brown Jackson to define 'woman.' Science says there's no simple answer.

When even science is politicized.

The people pretending to believe in science actually don't know science anymore than they know math or engineering or medicine or anything else. They read something that sounds smart and makes them feel good; that's how they actually define science.

I thought science might actually include some truths that always hold; like gravity - what goes up must come down.

But their science has all kinds of exceptions. So to me, that's not science; it's something else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

14. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

These people's obsessions are the problem. I do not care one bit about their partner. None of them. It's not important. That's not the point of school. Who cares what they did this weekend.

Maybe I'm out of touch. Is that what they do in K - 3? I guess "What you did this summer" is no longer a thing? Is that just for the kids or also the teacher? Of course, the teacher could just say, "I went with my family on a trip" and not get into family members including their partner. It wouldn't be hard for me to do that.

But that's not my obsession.

Also... my kids kindergarten teacher had a fort in her classroom. Her fireman husband built it. All the kids knew it. When we visited the class she told my son he built it for the class. He loved the thing. But we never met him.

How would that square if their kindergarten teacher was a man and his male partner built it?

It gets tricky if we get literal about everything.

15. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

This: School used to be about the kids. As a kid, I loved the "What did you do this summer segment." Now it's about the teacher? Wow.

I teach adults. I don't discuss going to events or much about my personal life. It's not about me, it's about my students and their learning. We are here to learn IT Networking and Security. No politics. That is covered on Day 1 of class.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

By
    There is NOTHING in that law prohibiting a teacher from discussing their "partner"
    Just because an idiot says it is so does not make it so.
    I am not sure what your point is?

17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It raises a question if a male teacher say's, "My husband built that fort." Some kids might wonder what that's all about and then off we go talking about homosexuality.

18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

By
    1. Perhaps you should read the law
    2. Since when do teachers discuss what they did on the week end to K_3 graders?

• Like Like x 1
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Since when is it okay to discuss personal details with 5 year olds? Anyway the bill outlaws the “instruction” of gender and identity, in other words to prevent the teacher from using his/her/they/them/it/biatch/dude/dudette/etc vested authority as a teacher to indoctrinate K-3 students.

20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Did I say it was ok? I'm talking about a "backdoor" way to have the conversation with kids.

Gay teacher say's, "My husband built the fort." Kindergartener asks, "Your husband?"

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

IF the teacher for some strange reason feels the need to talk about their partner then the teacher gives an " age appropriate " answer.
    How difficult is that?
    Surely a teacher understands what is age appropriate for the grade they are teaching.
    It seems like some people WANT to look for trouble

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Let me back up. What I am saying is this; a teacher can sneak around the new law if they wish. That doesn't mean I'm against the law. It's a comment on why the law was probably put in place. The classroom is not monitored. The teachers say a lot of things. But if an example such as I described (and did happen but in the heterosexual arena) happens, then they can still slip one in so to speak.

But is it so that the teachers are not allowed (all of them, including heterosexuals) to speak of their "weekend" or their "family" if it reveals their sexual preference, orientation or gender preference?

23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

By
    I get your point
    But if you haven't read the law you need to.

It looks like the parents will stay on top of this.
    If you watched the gay teacher whining you know he has not read the law.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Okay under the law then, but he apparently has no right to include it as an instruction to the class.

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Certain teachers have been sneaking around the parents, which is why the law exists. Now the behavior is illegal and the parents have more rights. Your logic is similar to the following: “Why outlaw murder when it is legal to have guns? What’s the point?”

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mc
    Do we really think a 4 yo would ask "your husband"?
    Most would just accept it as not important..
    Just as pertinent the whining teacher used the term "partner" which would have not been questioned at all

Why do some people have to try to twist everything ?

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

28. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yes, it makes grooming kindergarteners illegal. The horror!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Horn fans constitutional legal minds discuss:

• Like Like x 1