America's Cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dewbrewer, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

If you remember being interested in this sport in the 80s or 90s, the final race is on Wednesday for the 2013 contest at about 3 p.m. CDT on NBCSN. It's tied between the USA and New Zealand with one race to go. They now race on these huge catamarans that can do 40 mph with a decent wind. It is taking place in SF bay. The USA was behind by 8 races to 1 (essentially) and have won 7 in a row to force the 17th race. Amazing comeback. Crazy stuff. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

I'm all up in this ****. I've watched most of the races and both on Tuesday.

For those that don't know, the first to win 9 races wins the cup. At one time team USA was down 8 to 1. Yesterday they tied it up after losing the start in the last race. Freaking awesome! [​IMG]

3. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

4. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

5. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

6. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

That was an *** whoopin [​IMG]

7. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

That was an amazing set of races. What a comeback. I did not think there was any way that could happen but the US team obviously figured out something that allowed the boat to come up out of the water more often and deliver all the power from the wind into speed. It will be interesting to see what boat they choose for the next race...and the location. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I used to watch this every year. Nice to see the US back in the game.

[​IMG]