America's or Churrasco's (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by scottsins, Apr 4, 2008.

1. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

going to houston tonight. which one of these would y'all recommend?

I see some really nice things on the americas menu, but i have heard mixed reviews.

Yes, I know they are in the same restaurant family.

2. SA_Town_Horn

SA_Town_Horn 500+ Posts

I'd go to Pagel's house

3. utexas_61

utexas_61 500+ Posts

4. stockjock

stockjock 250+ Posts

I much prefer the food and ambiance of Americas to Churrascos.

5. hornimal

hornimal 500+ Posts

america's. it is in a much baller location than any of the churrasco's.

6. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

America's... not just the food but aesthetically, it is a trip.

7. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

Honestly I think I would pick a better place than either of those two. They are simply way over priced for the quality at least that is my experience the last many times I have been at either of them.

8. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

^
    ^
    suggestions?

9. utexas_61

utexas_61 500+ Posts

Lupe Tortilla

10. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

if you want one of those two, the only reason I'd pick Churrasco's over America's is that it is a little bit cheaper.

If you want something different or are open to it, what type of resteraunt gets your fancy? Recently ate at Timpano's chophouse in downtown that was really good.

11. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

12. utexas_61

utexas_61 500+ Posts

going tonight [​IMG]

13. The Human Gumbi

The Human Gumbi 25+ Posts

14. Mack Tripper

Mack Tripper 500+ Posts

I'd choose America's between the two, but choose Ibiza or Catalan over America's.

15. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

16. Horny04

Horny04 100+ Posts

I've only been to churrasco's of the 2... wasn't that impressed in the sense that I haven't gone back since (it's been at least 3-4 yrs).

This is off topic, but I've been to Lupe's a bunch of times and I just don't jock it like everyone else does... I think El Tiempo's fajitas are better. Not too say that Lupe's are bad, but they don't make me go nuts like so many people do for them.

17. UTeric32

UTeric32 500+ Posts

Im tough to please, I started a thread about Houston places to eat a couple of weeks ago, some people pimped Lupe Tortilla...

I tried it last weekend, and yes, im on the jock. The fajitas were awesome. But im all about having a **** load of spices and flavors on my food, and they do that there.

18. utexas_61

utexas_61 500+ Posts

19. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

will be at Americas at 7:15.

Looking forward to it. seafood tower to start, i think.

i am very intrigued by the lamb churrasco. it will likely be that ftw.

20. bularry

bularry 250+ Posts

the last time I was at Churassco's (inner loop location) I thougth it was better than my last visit to Americas.

I really like Churrasco's, I think it is superior to Max's wine dive, in fact I would not compare them.

Ibiza is excellent, but a different experience, too.

21. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

Lupe's is all about the beef fajita's which you either love or think wtf. Their thing is that they are marinated in lime juice with not much more, and thus the flavor is very heavy lime and the tendons and fatty tissue are gone and the meat is extremely tender. Many people I know hate it, but there are too many who love it and make it impossible to get in for dinner without a long wait

22. hornimal

hornimal 500+ Posts

23. utexas_61

utexas_61 500+ Posts

once again, hornimal is right