And from the east, crickets chirping

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by goredho, Oct 2, 2011.

1. goredho

goredho 100+ Posts

Where are all the Ag SEC chest-thumpers now? Recovering from two weeks of near continuous squeezing?

2. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

They're busy building a bonfire for next year's game against Vandy.

3. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

They don't have time, they are preparing to play the big boys.

4. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

Personally, I think aggy is a West LA (Louisiana) residence now. For all practical purposes, they are no longer a TEXAS team. They moved east...let'm be from West LA now.

5. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Saw this link on TexAgs... tracks first 42 games of Fran vs. first 42 games of Sherman (Fran, with more games of course, made to match the number of games thus far with Sherman).

Sherm Tracker
    What it says to me is that it's not the coach, it's A&M. Something the crickets can't come to grips with and now think that switching conferences will improve who they are.

Funny.. they change coaches. No difference.
    They change conferences... we'll see.

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Changing conferences would likely be a net loss for them. Once they start playing ‘the big boys’ they will probably lose more often, creating an even less-appealing destination for top recruits.

7. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

the fact that the Aggies gave Sherm an extension tells you all you need to know about why Aggies fail

8. misirlou

misirlou 250+ Posts

What about Fran's last 42 games versus Sherman's first 42 games? In retrospect Fran had the benefit of RC's recruits, which Ags thought were in bad shape at the time.

UPDATE: Okay, looks like the comparison is even worse for Sherman if you do that comparison. You throw out Fran's first season (4-8) and pick up his last season (7-5).

9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Forget the SEC next season... looks like Sherm has a more immediate concern of his team relaxing on second half leads, his players being out of shape (Gundy mentioned this) for the second half vs OSU and Arky. Now he wants to evaluate all postions and maybe replace older classmen with younger players... nice going into game 5 of the season.

10. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein 100+ Posts

Torbush WOW. They are literally mired in mediocrity.

Seeing that their defense gave up over 400 ypg during both coaches' first 42 games made me wince.

And did you know that at the moment they're dead last in passing defense?

Sucks to be them.

11. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

It's hard to talk when you're squeezing really, really hard...the "pucker factor" over at Bagdad on the Brazos must be up around fifteen right now... [​IMG]

12. F1Longhorn

F1Longhorn 250+ Posts

I really like the "Newsletter Income" stat.

13. Dr_Bob_Rio

Dr_Bob_Rio 250+ Posts

Over/under on time till aggy throws the Sr. QB under the bus?

10 days?

14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

In reply to:

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

aggy should be able to outscore Tech this weekend so no one should be worried about being thrown under the bus. However the following week is Baylor at collie station. There could be dogs coming out of graves at the end of that one however.

16. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Aggy is just a quiter. They quit against OSU, They quit against Ark, they quit the Big 12. Their fan base are quiters (most are anyway). Eric Aggie quit Hornfans. It just took 3 or four games and he is outta here.

17. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

What the cry babies need to change is their diapers.