And umm, and umm, umm

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Broken Spoke, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke 100+ Posts

The guy makes Charlie Strong sound like a mensa member. Pleeezzz stop the ummm
    All is not lost, he said last night, we still have the opportunity to have a winning record against the other Texas teams. Whoopee frickin doo!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Good thing we don’t play SMU

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Hot x 1
  3. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

I was absolutely shocked that not one person asked about the elephant in the room that was the offside on the FG attempt at the end of the game. I was thinking someone would ask about what they players were told on the sidelines, etc., but not a peep.

Also, I think that is the most chastised I've ever seen TH at any press conference. Zero combativeness at all about any question. Not sure if CDC dressed him down or if he is self-aware of just how thin of a tightrope he's walking, but he was definitely reacting differently to questions.

Finally, I'm still trying to determine if he was giving an honest response to Chip's question regarding who's responsible for the offensive play calling or if that was trollery of the highest order. I'm leaning towards the latter because there is no way he didn't understand what was REALLY being asked there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke 100+ Posts

True that

• Like Like x 1
  5. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I was not. Do you think anybody there wanted to single out a player and blame him for the loss.

For me, the loss came as a result of sitting on the ball on our last possession. That was on TH et al.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Oh, I knew they would not be like "why did Roach jump?". I thought it would be more along the lines of "on that last field goal attempt did the coaches reiterate staying onside?" or something like that. In other words, more a question about coaching proper as opposed to calling out a player.

7. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

While it is easy to blame Roach, jumping off-sides in that instance is solely on the coach's shoulders. It is the ONE thing you can not do and the coaches need to remind the players of that before they take the field on that play. Don't jump off-side and don't rough the kicker. In fact, just stand there and don't give the umps a reason to throw the flag. If he hits the 40+ yard FG, then we still have 2 minutes for Dicker to go win it. Bottom line: you should NEVER jump off-sides on 4th and less than 5.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Yes he made a mistake at a critical time but many other players and coaches were making mistakes and some a lot more than others so slow you roll.
    This ain't a perfect world. Seesshh
    And coaches could remind players and they still fail.

9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Did you read his post? Chest didn't blame Roach.

10. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I haven’t been able to look at Herman for 2 weeks, so no interest in his presser. I can’t even watch LHN, unless volleyball, for fear his face may pop up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

We're at best the 4th best team in Texas right now. I do think Tom gets one more year, but he needs to win next year. And I'm not talking about 8-4 I'm talking CC. We'll have a Sr. QB and OU will be breaking in yet another transfer or Rattler and my guess is Riley is the coach in Dallas. If I were CDC I'd tell Tom win or go home in year 4. It's that simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

It is drilled into them according to TH the last time someone jumped a 4th down kick, but it should not have to be. Second pee-wee practice at the latest you learn not to move until the ball moves.

13. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Not so fast there Dion. We just may get them in a bowl game. If we do Shane will light us up.

14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Probably. He would be more motivated to show he should have been the guy at Texas than the entire Texas defense would be to show he shouldn't have been.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

It would be some satisfaction. However, it would have to be the SERVPRO Bowl in Dallas, but Texas will be picked by a bowl higher in the pecking order.

• Like Like x 1
  16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Anybody notice how many low number of posts members show up to bad mouth the program?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Psyclone

Psyclone 25+ Posts

It could be he reacted differently because of the prior relationship with most of the Iowa State media people from his time at Iowa State.

18. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

That may be true but I don’t think that their comments should be discredited (not that you suggested that) simply based on the low number of posts. People can be expected to get more passionate in these types of situations. In fact, it seems like we have also had comments from long-time HF participants who choose not to post as much recently...until now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

TH needs to improve. He has not developed the ability to close games in hand or win close ones. Mack struggled with that early, but became the master of winning both. At one point, I never doubted the last drive of the first half or whether the Horns would win on a last minute drive.

I haven’t seen the Iowa State game yet. I think I can tell what happened based upon the game thread. Lots of young, poor coaching moves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

First Monday press conference I've missed this year. Same reason as you, LH. Couldn't stand the thought of watching it.
    My wife was afraid I was going to have a stroke and a heart attack at the same time, when we tried to run the ball twice in a row on that last possession.

• Like Like x 1
  21. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I agree. Just because I don't post much doesn't mean I'm not in here reading. The number of posts I actually put up is very low compared to the amount of time i spend reading this forum. That said, I'm still as mad today as I was Saturday at 6:00 PM.

22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Skipped the press conference. First one i missed this season. I painfully saw what happened.

This week I don't need the ******** and analysis of the game from TH....

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. WorsterMan

Brother Horn, the replay will frustrate and piss you off...

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. WorsterMan

More like Poulon Weedeater Bowl in lovely Shreveport in mid Dec. :rolleyes1:

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. BallsofSteerToo

BallsofSteerToo 100+ Posts

Or...
    "Anybody notice how many Frat Boy members show up to bad mouth the program?"
    I don't see a correlation between post count and comment attitude. :tap:

26. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

It’s worth watching, believe me. See the new thread I just started.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

I've been letting the body of work develop before releasing my venom. Am I late, on time, or early? :lmao:

28. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

So You think the coaches should remind him to stay insides. Roach is a senior and a captain.

29. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

WTF does that MEAN??? ...and who gives a rat's ***??? As lame as saying our goal is to go 1-0 against Baylor.....duh!!!!

30. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

for one BRIEF and shining moment we were relevant, again.....I can still smell the feeling....

• Like Like x 1