Ann Romney: Respect the Choices Women Make

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Perham1, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

Really, Ann?

Are you sure you want to go down that road?

She is as politically tone-deaf as is her husband.

2. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Classy Perham.

3. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

I don't get it. Is Perham linking her statement with abortion rights or something?

4. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

So you're ok with the wife of the presumptive GOP nominee for President trumpeting her thoughts on "respecting" the choices women make?

My, my, how far we've come.

But, just so she doesn't go too far with this whole "choice" thing, right?

5. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

some choices are better than others ...

6. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Perham, what the F are you talking about?

7. DFWAg

DFWAg 1,000+ Posts

Attacking stay-at-home moms is just an awesome strategy on the part of the DNC. Keep attacking the little lady.

8. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about Ann Romney being pro-choice.

9. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

What this country needs is parents that are less involved in their children's lives. [​IMG]

10. DFWAg

DFWAg 1,000+ Posts

I have to admit I was confused by the whole war on women strategy and how gleeful many Dems were that an out-of-touch reproductive acitivist like Sandra Fluke was somehow their rallying cry.

Now it seems to have blown up in their face and suburban swing voters are facing a choice between stay-at-home moms or self-loathing, furious ultra-feminists demanding government sponsored pills so they can maintain an active sex life.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out but I do think it will be great for Obama backers to keep attacking Ann Romney.

11. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

12. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

Classy Perham.

I wondered if you even understood the point of my thread when you wrote that, and it was confirmed with your next post.

Ann Romney spoke of "respecting the choices that women make". Abortion is a choice. As is birth control. Yet, I doubt Ann Romney really wants you to respect those choices.

So, in the same fashion that her husband stumbles around with his misguided political rhetoric (I like firing people; I'm not worried about poor people; some of my best friends own NASCAR teams....) so does Ann.

Is that cllear?

13. CottonEyedHorn

CottonEyedHorn 1,000+ Posts

Choosing to stay home vs. choosing to kill a baby are not the same kind of "choice". The left has defined choice to be the same, it is not. Society needs to step above this. However, there is too much money involved now. Sad really.

14. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

Ann Romney spoke, her actual words, of "respecting the choices women make."

15. DFWAg

DFWAg 1,000+ Posts

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Was there a context?

17. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

Was there a context with Willard saying he liked to fire people? With Willard saying he wasn't worried about the poor?

18. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Per
    yes there was context with both those remarks
    but why do that? Why leap tp something else instead of answering the question
    Or provide a link if that is easier for you.

20. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

21. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Interesting that the deflections Per tried to use to not explain the context in which ann said that are 2 instances where Dems AGAIN took words out of context.

I guess that it the dem way, cut words out and try to make them look inflamatory.Per seems particulary good at this

23. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

So only respect some of the choices women make? Only the choices you want to allow them to make?

Doesn't sound like Goldwater's conservatives to me. I thought government was supposed to get out of the personal lives of the citizens.

24. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Have the Romney's done anything to disrespect the choices of women? Has he been on a crusade to overturn Roe v. Wade?

Uh, No.

25. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

To disrespect the choices of women, or to limit the choices of women? In the case of limiting, then yes. He doesn't have to be a crusade to overturn Roe for him to be on a path to limit women's choices.

Willard has come out and said he's against abortion, right? I mean, he has to pander to the republican right-wing.

The sooner the GOP gets past their abortion phobia the better.

26. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

So has Obama, so I guess that is a non issue this time around.

27. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

I think she is 100% correct. We do need to respect the choices a woman makes...ALL the choices she makes. I'm fine with that. If she want's to have an abortion, great go do it it's your choice.

I'm a right leaning person and don't see any reason not to respect the choices a woman makes. Just don't expect me to pay for your choices...good or bad.

28. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

MSDW24, clearly you must hate women if you are not willing to pay for any medical procedure they may decide on.

29. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

30. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Until fathers have equal say in abortion, I will always be against it.