Another Bama player in Transfer Portal

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LHABSOB, Nov 18, 2019.

1. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Things must be falling apart in Tuscaloosa because Bama has another highly recruited player enter the portal. This time it’s Scooby Carter from Mansfield. As I’ve learned here on HF, transfers and decommits means the sky is falling.

Freshman Defensive Back Scooby Carter leaves Crimson Tide

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well you don’t go to class anywhere I doubt you’ll play so there is that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

There is some comfort in knowing that this attrition phenomenon is affecting everyone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

read that's there 8th player in the portal so far. Crazy world. Hopefully we can find a few DB's, DL, and most importantly a MLB for next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i'm sure he'll transfer to ouSUX, we'll make fun of him for his choice, and he'll win the Jim Thorpe award.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

This transfer portal sure seems to be bringing out the best worst in this Generation "Next"

• Like Like x 1
  7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

What is going on here that is a display of "the worst"?

8. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Yeah Stat, I do not know this person or much about this case....so maybe should have been clearer thar my post was a general observation.
    First of all, the people I'm referring to can do whatever they want, and I can have an opinion.
    My opinion is that very many in this generation coming-of-age are a me-first bunch who want it all, fast, and easy. They do not take commitments seriously (and why should they many of the adults around them haven't either) and they believe they are entitled to much more than they ought.
    "I gotta get mine" is their motto.
    The transfer portal is a useful, and maybe appropriate, tool for some...but for many just another way to indulge in immaturity.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I sort of get that, but I figure the coaches are generally a lot older and they tend to transfer for better situations just as readily.

• Agree Agree x 1