Another David Ash fan

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by lhbruleshalftime, Sep 27, 2010.

1. lhbruleshalftime

lhbruleshalftime 250+ Posts

I got to see Belton vs. Copperas Cove last Friday night, and first, congrats to Cove - they have a power running game that could have done better vs. ucla than we did.

Mark Mrs. lhbrules and me down as David Ash fans; the kid is as good as advertised. He's on a team that is overmatched most of the time with a too small o line, but he continues to make plays. A couple of times he was being wrapped up for a sack and somehow pulled free and took off. He looks to be nearly as accurate on the run passing as in the pocket, and we love his competitiveness. He punts for Belton, and on one occasion caught a Cove defender lagging behind the punt coverage team and clocked him with a big block. His mobility should give defenses fits in college.

2. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

We definitely need QB depth, and it's a great that David has wheels also. I haven't seen him play, but it sounds like his mobility will definitely be an asset in case our supposed switch to a more power rushing offense doesn't pan out as advertised (and it hasn't thus far).

3. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Even a complete pro style quarterback is better with mobility and elusiveness. When a player avoids a sack to make a play it's really hard on a defense.