Another Houston cop killed by an illegal immigrant

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by zzzz, Jun 26, 2009.

1. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

2. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

I wonder when La Raza will come to their defense. Illegals are not the problem, americans against amnesty are..

3. johnny chimpo

johnny chimpo 500+ Posts

But the King of Pop died.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

general
    you nativist. That poor immigrant ( must NEVER call them illegal) only came to our country to commit his crime here since the prison conditions are so much better here.
    Ho0w dare you deny that immigrant a better life.

5. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

I am sorry the police officer was killed.

Why did you choose to note this case versus all other cops that have been killed this year? Because if there were no illegal aliens in this country police officers wouldn't be killed?

Or is this killing somehow worse because a legal citizen didn't do it?

6. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

Because this officer and the two other Houston officers killed in the last few years might still be alive if this country had taken enforcement of our immigration laws seriously. Since 2006, illegal immigrants have killed more Houston police officers than American citiizens have, despite making up a smaller percentage of the population. You don't think that is significant?

The Houston Police Officers Union does. It believes immigration enforcement at the city and state level is a public safety issue.

7. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

My prayers to his family and friends. Undercover operations are extremely dangerous work.

8. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

How does his illegal status matter here?

He was here illegally, but the times he was pulled over by police he had (what I assume are forged) documents.

9. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

10. johnnyhorn

johnnyhorn 250+ Posts

11. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

12. parkerco

parkerco 500+ Posts

Is there an unenforced law against being a 72 year old rancher?

13. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

maybe there should be one, apparently they kill peace officers.

I am going to infer that The OP was highlighting that an officer being killed by an illegal citizen to reinforce his argument that we should be more strict with our border inforcement.

I am suggesting because an officer was killed by a 72 year old rancher that maybe we should look to make a law restricting the movement of 72 year old ranchers.

They are both equally capable of lethal force against peace officers.

14. johnnyhorn

johnnyhorn 250+ Posts

15. parkerco

parkerco 500+ Posts

Go get your 72 year old rancher strawman law passed, then if the failure to enforce your law results in the death of an officer, you can ***** all you want.

16. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

How was the imigration law on the books not enforced in this case?

17. parkerco

parkerco 500+ Posts

Do you understand what the term illegal alien means?

18. cinchhorn

cinchhorn 100+ Posts

Nemome impune lacessit, RIP thank you for your service.

19. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

20. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

21. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

We could start by enforcing the laws we have on the books. From that Houston Police Union link addressing the mayor:

22. johnnyhorn

johnnyhorn 250+ Posts

23. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

zzzz----

Thanks for the respose. Was this guy one of those people who slipped through the cracks of the penal system? If so, then this should be brought up and corrected. If not, it still should be brought up and corrected.

24. beencounting

beencounting 500+ Posts

are Latinos only looking out for their own ethnicity or for the overall good of the United States? I say the former; if all illegals were black Haitians you would not have LULAC walking out of meetings in protest. It's quite obvious this thing is split along anglo vs. latino ethnic lines.

25. BA93

BA93 1,000+ Posts

Police are not set up to enforce immigration laws. Sure, the police pulling over the car for speeding can ask them if they are illegal. But if they produce a drivers license that looks like the driver, its accepted, and the driver says its them... What are the police supposed to do? Fingerprint every hispanic person that they encounter?

I'm for throwing out every illegal, but start with real enforcement of the borders first. Bailing water out of a sinking ship doesn't do much unless you plug the holes first.

26. hobbs4heisman

hobbs4heisman 100+ Posts

there are bad people in all walks of life illegal and not. I work with several illegals and they are stand up people who would do whatever it took to get legal status. some have been working for the better part of a decade. They raise their children up here because they want more for their kids than a ranch with no electricity and running water, while herding goats. All sorts of people from all walks of life would kill an officer if it came to that. So to act like it is an illegal problem is naive and short sighted. These guys sounded like they were involved in some sort of organized crime ring. And good luck keeping people like that out (see sicilians, yazuka, etc.)

27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

hobbs?
    What does this mean?
    " All sorts of people from all walks of life would kill an officer if it came to that."
    If what came to what? It sounds like you are suggesting killing an officer to give yourself or family a better life is justified and I don't think that is what you mean.

Entering illegally is not being " stand-up" btw.
    What about the goat herders in all other parts of the world?What about those who don't even have goats?

28. ihearttajeallen

ihearttajeallen 250+ Posts

sorry to hear of this death.

one part of this case that has always amazed me is how sorry the databases are that law enforcement uses. seems like it is too easy for a forged ID to confuse the cops. even people who they have in custody.

granted, this has worked out in my favor a couple times in the past but if I were in charge of the data warehouse for law enforcement, i would make sure that we could spot a fake ID.

29. omahawk

omahawk 100+ Posts

i'm on the fence about illegal immigrants.

i don't mind illegal immigrants that are here working their asses off. they do work that i sure as hell wouldn't do. we're having our roofs replaced from the hail storm a month ago. it's 105 degrees outside, and i'd be willing to bet on a black roof, the heat is another 10 degrees. add the humidity and it must feel like 120 or something. bless those gentleman! ******* bless them.

i think it sucks a lot aren't paying taxes, but whatever. they've got it so much worse as it is. i'm not gonna complain..

but if any of them are into crime so they can better themselves at the misfortunes of others, kick their face right out of the USA. i aint talking about stealing some groceries by grab and go, i'm talking about putting a gun to someone for their money or goods, or dealing drugs, vicious behavior.

30. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

good post Omahawk.

Many do pay income taxes. The roofing company, if the are bonded, are paying S.S. taxes on their employees, taking it out of their paychecks. Some of these employees, who are illegal and probably provided false documents, are never going to file their tax return. Most, if not all of them, would be due a refund if they were filing a simple 401EZ.