Another Positive of the SEC

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by KBBAKER, Nov 5, 2021.

1. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

The cheapest "Get in the Stadium" ticket price for the A&M-Auburn game is $160 (plus fees) on StubHub! I'm hoping to sell my 50 yard line UT-Kansas tickets for $20 each! Of course, having a winning product helps!

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

A friend of ine sold his endzone seats at Kyle Field for $250 each yesterday.

3. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

I may be in the minority, but I don't see how "It'll be more expensive to go to games" is a positive.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It is when you don’t want to go to the game and you have season tickets.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Not really apples to apples. You can get LSU-A&M game for $37 right now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, a better comparison for UT @ Kansas would be South Carolina's home game against Vanderbilt.

7. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

It's a positive for those of us that have been losing thousands of dollars a year on season tickets simply hoping that "this will be the year".

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

It is also an indication that there will be 106,000+ actual butts in the seats. As opposed to our new Longhorn Head empty endzone seats!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

While I would love to see DKR always filled to capacity and raucous, comparing the Austin fan base (and the entertainment options available) to that of College Station is like comparing Los Angeles to Buffalo. There’s a reason LA didn’t have an NFL franchise for 22 years. It wasn’t so much apathy as the fact that here in SoCal, the NFL isn’t the only game in town, so to speak.

In CS, there are few to no options, other than TAM football and, well, sheep. In Austin, the choices are too numerous to mention.

• Like Like x 2
  10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

2%er...

:fiestanana:

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Harsh! duke is at least a 3%er.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Well, at least someone is sticking up for me.

:rolleyes1:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

duke also doesn't uncover or swap spit when a TD is scored.

14. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Yep. And millions of tv/streaming viewers as well.

15. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Sabre—You have a friend that sits in the end zone?

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

At Kyle Field. A group that went through engineering school together wanted 18 seats together, and could only get them in the north endzone upper deck. They love it up there. They give enough to get 20-30 yard line seats but can't all sit together.

FWIW, A&M honored several of them for their generosity at a banquet and with plaques displayed somewhere (probably Rudder), PLUS (drum roll please) they got their picture made with the dog.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

This dog?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2