Another unexplained roster disappearance

Discussion in 'Softball' started by racerx5908, Jan 12, 2017.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I read this announcement of two new players joining the team as "late entries"

http://www.texassports.com/news/201...nrollees-bolinger-and-ellsworth-for-2017.aspx

That had the engineer in me thinking, "Hmmm, you can't add without deleting". The pitcher (jeez how many pitchers are we gonna have?!?) I had read about online. I had read from the Nevada papers online that their star pitcher was transferring, most likely to Texas. And then, nothing else was heard until this notice.

But then, the Georgetown catcher...well that was a surprise. It got me thinking....has someone transferred? I did a comparison between 2016 and 2017 roster online and I see that Christine Bardwell is no longer listed.

Anyone know anything?

Between 2015 and 2016, Alyssa Angel disappeared off the roster and never an explanation. They don't owe me one per-se...just frustrating.

2. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Meh! Does it really matter until Connie Clueless disappears off the roster? Not going anywhere unless Cat is cloned.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Here's your chance to ask them in person and meet the new players:
    http://www.hookem.com/2017/02/02/diamond-dust-texas-will-tested-early-often-2017/

4. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Totally agree. We have squander the advantage of the "Cat" appeal which is now gone. We should be dominating the conference, not OU.

5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

They purposely have way too many players on softball rosters so players will leave to have a better chance to play...many times at a smaller school.

My daughter played with a travel squad last summer and Ellsworth was on the 18 Gold team that won the national championship in New York last summer. She is one hell of a catcher. I think everyone will be happy with her.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I found that Christina Bardwell is now playing softball at ATM Corpus Christi.
    From what I find on Alyssa Angel she is no longer playing softball but is still a student at UT.
    Another former player, Lauren Slatten, is now married and playing softball at St. Edwards.